just2good

Star Wars Constraction 2015 Discussion

Sorry if this is a bit of a stupid question, but are these out on the 1st or the 4th September? Kinda hoping it might be the 1st so I can avoid inevitable Force Friday crowds, but I'm 90% certain it's the 4th, but if someone could confirm the date for me that'd be great. I was under the impression that these upcoming SW Constraction sets were not under as strict an embargo as the TFA sets, but from what Veebs is saying about the stores selling them early causing a nightmare for TLG, it sounds like they are (which I'll admit is a bit odd to me given they have virtually no ties to the new film, plus we have high-res images officially released by TLG for these).

This is probably also why I still can't find any information on UK prices for these sets, right? Nonetheless, I look forward to reading the reviews, even if I made up my mind about getting them back in February :grin:

Yeah, I find it odd that these are included in the embargo as well, I imagine it's because it would be too much trouble saying 'oh, it's okay to talk about six of the upcoming sets, but not the others' and it would be too confusing in a way that could compound the leaks. I'll still respect it though.

Sunday and yesterday I visited the two stores in Denmark. Unfortunately, they didn't have them, so I guess I'll wait till Firce Friday soon, but it's not so long.

Edited by Chimaninja454

By mistake a local grocery store left some of the opened cardboard boxes on the floor and I went for it.

To my big surprise it passed through the cashier even though they were labeled not to be sold until 4th of september. I got my Cody on the shelf at home - although he is already partly disassembled - I bought him for the orange panels. ;)

The day after, they had removed them all....

I'll never get over how big Grievous is. I can't wait to get my hands on the set.

You're not the only one, I think. Many of us feels the same way, especially since we haven't got a proper titan for a quite while.

You're not the only one, I think. Many of us feels the same way, especially since we haven't got a proper titan for a quite while.

Yep I'm sure that's it. Darth Vader is really tall too, towering over Luke who is taller than Tahu and Kulta (since he uses the large torso).

Titan sets have shrunk so much in the last years, it seemed a big CCBS set after Witch Doctor wasn't feasible any more. But I believe it was just Lego not believing in HF/Super Heroes/Chima enough.

But Star Wars IS Star Wars, so hopefully these are a hit and we get more Titan builds, and in BIONICLE as well- I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Umarak the Destroyer.

Grievous isn't as big as I expected, but he's still huge. He's going to be my #1 priority once I see him in stores around here. Love the armor coverage, I was a bit worried about him being too skeletal but I think it fits Grevious very well. Can't wait to get him.

I think I agree with the rest of you - Grievous is highly impressive, both from a set AND an MOC'er's perspective. Even one of my friends who is normally not one for getting CCBS sets got Grievous and is thoroughly impressed with it, even going as far as saying it was one of the best sets of the year for him.

If that doesn't speak volumes for recommending Grievous, I don't know what will. And it's only made me more excited for the sets. Friday can't come quickly enough! :grin:

Picked up Darth today

Being asked for specific pictures is probably annoying, but I haven't seen a height comparison shot of Vader and Grievous. If you could sneak one of those in that would be fantastic. Thanks! :classic:

I think I agree with the rest of you - Grievous is highly impressive, both from a set AND an MOC'er's perspective. Even one of my friends who is normally not one for getting CCBS sets got Grievous and is thoroughly impressed with it, even going as far as saying it was one of the best sets of the year for him.

If that doesn't speak volumes for recommending Grievous, I don't know what will. And it's only made me more excited for the sets. Friday can't come quickly enough! :grin:

Hope I get the chance to go shopping this weekend. Glad to hear Grievous has been so well received!

If I wasn't pumped to get him yet, I am now. Good thing Force Friday approaches quickly. Hoping these guys won't sell out as fast as the others (as awful as that sounds) so I can buy one later in the day.

Considering Darth has a custom upper torso. I wonder if it would be possible to mod it slightly and put in a gearbox to make his right arm swing.

Considering Darth has a custom upper torso. I wonder if it would be possible to mod it slightly and put in a gearbox to make his right arm swing.

Honestly I dont think one would fit on the standard build because there is just not enough room and it would give him a hunchback. Him and grievous both can't really be modded to have gearboxes, though I imagine that the others can.

Here's the gallery:

http://imgur.com/a/JyoBD

If there's anything else you want to see just ask.

Honestly I dont think one would fit on the standard build because there is just not enough room and it would give him a hunchback. Him and grievous both can't really be modded to have gearboxes, though I imagine that the others can.

Here's the gallery:

http://imgur.com/a/JyoBD

If there's anything else you want to see just ask.

From what I see. It might be do able. But It might require a custom gearbox rather than the 2015 one. I'll have to try it when I get my Vader

Something I don't understand about the pairings on the boxes- Grievous and Obi Wan, Luke and vader, Jango and Cody? Why Jango and Cody? Cody is a Phase II trooper and Jango was alive during Phase I. Wouldn't it make more sense for Jango and Obi Wan to be paired (Kamino) and Greivous and Cody to be paired? (Utapau) Yes Grievous and Obi Wan make sense, well either way it's not a huge deal.

Even Lego got confused with Cody, the background on his box has Phase I troopers and the battle of Geonosis...

Something I don't understand about the pairings on the boxes- Grievous and Obi Wan, Luke and vader, Jango and Cody? Why Jango and Cody? Cody is a Phase II trooper and Jango was alive during Phase I.

Even Lego got confused with Cody, the background on his box has Phase I troopers and the battle of Geonosis...

We wouldn't know the reasons TLC did that. Indeed, what was TLC thinking when their making decisions like that !?

If TLC want to keep the box art of Cody, at least make a Phase I Cody because that will make more sense.

Apparently the sets along with the FA system stuff have been spotted in K-Citymarket in Finland at Kotka.

http://i.imgur.com/cx29GyH.jpg?1

Not saying the exat location but found Grievious at the same retailer.

Edited by GK733

Probably going to be picking up a Vader or two - Grievous seems like a good set but too many CCBS bones for me so probably wont get duplicates. Might end up combining him with a spare Vader to fix the gaps in his chest.

I'lm going to buy Vader tomorrow. It seems like I wanted him since he was announced at NYTF this year, and I think Cody is a good starter figure, at least because he is a good figure and parts pack.

In another note. I'm happy that Grievous is well-received, but I agree with Scarilian that he had too many CCBS bones, but to be honest, he looks marvelous.

Edited by Chimaninja454

Apparently the sets along with the FA system stuff have been spotted in K-Citymarket in Finland at Kotka.

http://i.imgur.com/cx29GyH.jpg?1

Not saying the exat location but found Grievious at the same retailer.

Surprisingly cheap, these ones - The rate between US and Finnish euro prices seems to be a lot more plausible than usual on licensed sets. By me beard, Vader is only 5€ (20%) more expensive than Tahu/Kopaka/Onua. And Grievous is 4€ cheaper than Witch Doctor back in, what it was, 2012? I might even pick Vader up, if these prices are the final ones.