just2good

Star Wars Constraction 2015 Discussion

I'd love to see a Toa wielding a lightsaber, if anyone could post that. Kopaka with one of Grievous's blue sabers would probably be the best combination.

I wonder if anyone is going to find/post Obi Wan and Vader soon.

I got Vader since my friend hyped me, but I don't know when I'll be building it. For the lightsaber, I'll see if I can do something.

Edited by _shaddow_

^ Thanks!

So no one got/built DV and Obi Wan yet, I take? I'm curious about how the former looks and how the latter's cape works (is it the same one as Vader's? How does it attach? Etc..).

if you guys don't mind french, shaddow has uploaded his

gotta be honest, i really didn't expect that kind of build on his torso. i was expecting a big torso piece, with some technic bits slapped on his back, not a torso build that made of 90% technic pieces. really amazing there.

gotta be honest, i really didn't expect that kind of build on his torso. i was expecting a big torso piece, with some technic bits slapped on his back, not a torso build that made of 90% technic pieces. really amazing there.

I prefer the technic build more.For a great constraction figure like Vader,the way it build help it set apart from the standard build from Hero Factory sets and Bionicle G2 sets.Plus,some of the way the shells attached to the torso will been dificuit to execute well on the existing Hero Factory torso parts.

That build is magnificent. I want sets like that in new Bionicle :drool:

That build is magnificent. I want sets like that in new Bionicle :drool:

Bionicle G2 in general needs more Titans!

Bionicle G2 in general needs more Titans!

Unfortunately the Gen 2 "large" Toa are close to what was once Titan scale. So an actual BIONICLE titan set would be really big.

Back on topic: the build for Vader looks really cool, but (ironically) that decreases the chance I'll get him. Have enough Technic in my collection for now, I need more CCBS parts for my money. Perhaps I'll pick him up eventually.

He's also uploaded his build of Grevious

And I'm glad to find out he has more that 2 of the smallest bone in dark grey.

To be honest, I'm really surprised that we still know nothing about the UK prices of these Battle Figures. A quick search on Google reveals nothing at all, and not a single UK shopping site lists them with pretty much only a week to go before release. It's not like these are under the embargo like the TFA sets are (yet the UK prices of those are known somewhat), and we already know the US and Euro RRP's, so why no UK RRP's? Not even my UK friends who get a little knowledge on things like this don't know anything :wacko:

It's just that I don't want to walk into my local LEGO Store next Friday (or go to S@H at 12:01am that day if I'm feeling lazy :tongue: ) and find that Luke is £20 and Grievous is £40, which is what I really fear given the recent trends with similar priced System Star Wars sets :look:

If anybody finds out the prices, I'd really like to know them.

Unfortunately the Gen 2 "large" Toa are close to what was once Titan scale. So an actual BIONICLE titan set would be really big.

I don't know. It's true that the large Toa this year are $20, but that's partly due to inflation. If the new Tahu or Onua set had been released back in 2003 or 2004 they would have been closer to $15. By comparison, if a 2003 or 2004 titan like Makuta or Krekka were released today it would probably cost at least $25. And this makes sense with the sets' sizes — this year's Tahu may be roughly the same height as the 2003 Makuta, but the classic Makuta is still noticeably heavier/bulkier than the new Tahu if you hold one in each hand (just as Tahu, in turn, is noticeably heavier/bulkier than a Toa Inika despite being similar in height).

A $25 or $30 Bionicle titan set would certainly be larger than any of the current Toa, but probably no bigger than some of the Bionicle theme's larger titans like the titan version of Takanuva (which cost $30 in 2008 and would probably cost closer to $35 today). I mean, Vader here is a $30 set. I imagine a $30 Bionicle set could easily be bigger (since it wouldn't need to cover Star Wars royalties) and pack in more functionality, but I doubt it would be absurdly tall or bulky.

By the way, cache.LEGO.com now has pictures of these sets!

75107 Jango Fett | Box

75108 Clone Commander Cody | Box

75109 Obi-Wan Kenobi | Box

75110 Luke Skywalker | Box

75111 Darth Vader | Box

75112 General Grievous | Box

Grievous shows what CCBS should be all about. On the other hand, Vader shows what happens when CCBS and Technic are integrated together well. Leave it to the designers to shut up those who say that you can't build large and good looking models with CCBS. Both fantastic sets and really fun builds, I hope BIONICLE draws inspiration from them next year.

Can't wait to get my hands on all this good stuff- pieces, builds, oh my!

A $25 or $30 Bionicle titan set would certainly be larger than any of the current Toa, but probably no bigger than some of the Bionicle theme's larger titans like the titan version of Takanuva (which cost $30 in 2008 and would probably cost closer to $35 today). I mean, Vader here is a $30 set. I imagine a $30 Bionicle set could easily be bigger (since it wouldn't need to cover Star Wars royalties) and pack in more functionality, but I doubt it would be absurdly tall or bulky.
Yeah, I imagine a 30 dollars/Euro BIONICLE set to have a bit more pieces and have a function compared to the SW sets which are "pure" action figures, but I don't see them getting any bigger than Vader and Grievous. I don't even think we need something bigger than Grievous, who is as tall as Witch Doctor and only slightly shorter than freaking Kardas. Edited by Shakar

I definitely prefer Vader's sleek, solid build to Grievous's mess of bones and weirdness.

Both fantastic sets and really fun builds, I hope BIONICLE draws inspiration from them next year.

I'm not sure if bionicle next year can be executed as well as this. I'm afraid that amazing build like grievous and Vader are possible because they have star wars budget to work with. With bionicle budget, however, I'm not sure.

I'm extremely impressed with Darth Vader's build, I never expected them to go for Technic based body builds really, but it looks amazing. My only complaint is that the upper part of the build is in gun-metal, I really thought those were in black and I would have loved those pieces in black. Damn Lego ._.

-Iben

I'm rather surprised that the only pre-built piece on the torso is a small torso. I expected Vader to have the wide medium one as well so it's rather nice surprise and gives the set a reason to to cost that much.

Edited by GK733

Today at Target all the barcodes for these and the FA sets were all on the shelves, but they refused to sell any to me... :(

Italian web stores talk about a Spetmeber release, so I'd say it's a matter of days for the rest of Europe by now.

EDIT: Ah, nobody posted yet. Don't want to bump the topic (it doesn't really need it and it'd be ugly) so I'll edit this post.

I tried to rebuild Luke's skeleton and watched the size comparison between him and Darth Vader. Then I compared fake Luke to Brutaka. WOW, Darth Vader is just half a centimeter away from him! Titans are truly back after all, even it they're outside BIONICLE, at least for now.

Edited by Shakar

Everything is printed.

That's great! Thanks.

I'll definitely get Grievous, but still on the fence on Vader, though - the Technic build is impressive but it doesn't really show. I'll wait for Jang's review before deciding.

Forgot to mention that I am permitted to say that I'l be doing reviews of these, they are on the way. Can't share any sneak peaks or anything (they should not be available anywhere yet, those stores that are selling them are causing a nightmare of a headache for The LEGO Group) but I am allowed to say that reviews will be coming.

Sorry if this is a bit of a stupid question, but are these out on the 1st or the 4th September? Kinda hoping it might be the 1st so I can avoid inevitable Force Friday crowds, but I'm 90% certain it's the 4th, but if someone could confirm the date for me that'd be great. I was under the impression that these upcoming SW Constraction sets were not under as strict an embargo as the TFA sets, but from what Veebs is saying about the stores selling them early causing a nightmare for TLG, it sounds like they are (which I'll admit is a bit odd to me given they have virtually no ties to the new film, plus we have high-res images officially released by TLG for these).

This is probably also why I still can't find any information on UK prices for these sets, right? Nonetheless, I look forward to reading the reviews, even if I made up my mind about getting them back in February :grin:

Yes these are part of the Force Friday sale.