just2good

Star Wars Constraction 2015 Discussion

I'm quite surprised to see so many System parts (including the System spring shooter) in a constraction set! Not that I'm complaining.

The new barrel element for that blaster is quite interesting. It'll be interesting to see how people use that.

The Stormtrooper looks great, whereas some of the others have looked a bit 'lego-ish' this guy holds his own as an accurate action figure that just so happens to be made of lego.

With the exception of Luke and Jango, I'm dangerously close to being impressed!

That Stormtrooper looks fantastic! An instant buy for me for sure. I'm surprised at how much they put into making the blaster, I like it!

Yes indeed.

Do we have any idea of what the prices might be in Sterling? Will the $34.99 translate into £34.99 or will it be £29.99 or some such similar price...?

Last day I had this horrific dream that Grievous was on S@H and sold for 70 Euro. I really hope they opt for a 1:1 conversion and don't add 5 or more Euro to each set, surely you know SW in Europe tends to get that treatment.

These in grey ? Another major reason to buy this set for sure ._.

-Iben

Edited by Iben

Yup, love those. I think we should finally have a full set of dark bley bones now, which have grown on me a lot in recent years.

Yep, definitely going to keep Grevious in-box. He...Just doesn't seem to be display model-worthy to me, despite how awesome he is.

Luckily Star Wars' stuff has lots of resale value.

Yep, definitely going to keep Grevious in-box. He...Just doesn't seem to be display model-worthy to me, despite how awesome he is.

Why buy it then ?

Why buy it then ?

Never understood people who buy Lego sets (or anything for that matter) just to sit on it and sell it off like it's an investment. It's a toy that's meant to be built, played with, broken down and used, etc. When I get these sets, I will be cracking them open and building them (probably impatiently one after the other).

Never understood people who buy Lego sets (or anything for that matter) just to sit on it and sell it off like it's an investment. It's a toy that's meant to be built, played with, broken down and used, etc. When I get these sets, I will be cracking them open and building them (probably impatiently one after the other).

Eh, I can understand why certain sets are worth investing in; so long as he isn't stalking the toy isle at 1 AM waiting for the shelves to be restocked, and then purchasing everything in it for immediate resale on Ebay, I've got nothing wrong with such a practice.

However, I do wonder how good of an investment Grievous will be, considering the CCBS stigma among many AFOLs. After all, a high resale value comes from high demand.

Edited by The Kumquat Alchemist

Oky, thanks for the pictures!

I think the new Order Stormtroooer looks great in terms of design. I really like the gun builds. And of course, he is very accurate.

Grievous looks very cool despite lack of a cape which could make him very cooler. But anyways, he looks very gorgeous.

I'm going to give Luke and Jango a pass, but Cody is cool. I think I'll get them all (in exception of Luke and Jango).

Edited by Chimaninja454

The more I look at these, the more impressive they are to me, and seeing the real figures just cements that. Grievous and Vader are day one purchases for me for sure (though I question Vader's classification as "titan", he doesn't look that much bigger than Luke, just much more filled out. Which is actually a good thing). The only thing I really can't stand on Vader is the round detail shells in gunmetal. They stick out like a sore thumb, black would have been so much better I think.

Even Luke looks surprisingly good here in that lightsaber duel pose :laugh: But here, Grievous definitely steals the show. Even though he's pretty bony and gappy, he pulls off the big bad guy look extremely well and definitely looks imposing.