just2good

Star Wars Constraction 2015 Discussion

Well, I stand corrected on the printing, there's a lot more of it than the NYTF pics showed. But really - they printed the 6M shells on Vader!? Now they're kinda next to useless unless I take a magic eraser to them :sceptic: Well at least Luke has unprinted ones.

It'll be fun for me to buy these and then my Tahu and Vader can have a lightsaber duel or something :tongue:

And by the sounds of it, it's going to be another while until we see the other four according to a Brickset article on them. I really wanted to see Grievous first, but oh well.

At least they didn't print the armor add-ons as well, although it's probably only the fact that that'd be nigh-impossible that stopped whoever made these from doing exactly that.

These sets are incredible. Great builds, easily worth their price points. Head sculpts look great—we've come a long way since Galidor. The new shells look neat, and them and the flesh hands allow me to hold on to the vain hope that we might some day see constraction sets in themes like Elves and Ninjago.

I'm perfectly okay with the printed armor pieces, considering I've got a plethora of those armor shells from Black Phantom anyways.

Holy crap I am honestly stunned by how FANTASTIC these look. Darth Vader is one of the best looking Constraction Figures Out-of-Box I've ever seen!

Still, ah, still no new feet though. >=T

Luke and Vader look amazing! I love the new shells for the lower legs, and the use of the 7M talon pieces to fill in the back of the lower legs (I had been experimenting with a similar technique myself but wasn't expecting to see anything like that in a set)! I also like that Luke's head attaches with a ball snap rather than a ball cup, which helps the joint feel less robotic. Hands in Light Nougat are a delight to have! And there is some clever (but simple) part use allowing Luke to holster his blaster and/or lightsaber.

I'm glad to see the square and spherical armor bits from Hero Factory aren't discontinued. Those parts are fantastic!

What does surprise me about these sets is that their age range cuts off at 12 instead of at 14 like all the $15–30 BIONICLE or Hero Factory sets. You'd think there would be MORE older fans interested in Star Wars figures than Hero Factory or BIONICLE figures, but I guess maybe the LEGO Group thinks the Technic-based action features in their in-house themes result in a more rewarding building experience for older kids.

Well, I stand corrected on the printing, there's a lot more of it than the NYTF pics showed. But really - they printed the 6M shells on Vader!? Now they're kinda next to useless unless I take a magic eraser to them :sceptic: Well at least Luke has unprinted ones.

Why does it matter? I can see how you might get frustrated with certain character-specific printing, but those 6M shells have what might be the most generic pattern on any printed CCBS part EVER. I see no reason it would be any kind of limitation at all.

It's annoying if you want to build something in just black or already have a colorscheme planned for something and don't want to add blue to it. However, I'm thinking I might get some of the printed shells to see what I can do with them.

It's annoying if you want to build something in just black or already have a colorscheme planned for something and don't want to add blue to it. However, I'm thinking I might get some of the printed shells to see what I can do with them.

Which of the 6M shells have blue on them? It looked to me like they're just Black with a Dark Stone Grey texture pattern on them.

EDIT: Never mind, it is blue. But it's very subtle.

Edited by Aanchir

Why does it matter? I can see how you might get frustrated with certain character-specific printing, but those 6M shells have what might be the most generic pattern on any printed CCBS part EVER. I see no reason it would be any kind of limitation at all.

Well, I don't tend to use printed pieces in MOC's (exception being set modifications). I didn't say that I didn't like them (I think they're very fitting for Darth Vader and the pattern is very nice). That was purely looking at things from an MOC'ers perspective though.

I'm very curious as to how that 2x2 tile is attached on Darth Vader though (and for that matter, the belt, but I think the latter is a combination of Technic and printing).

Well, colour me impressed. Luke is a bit iffy, but DV is just magnificent! He's big, bulky, accurate to the source and filled out. I'm surprised he uses System too, I hope it becomes a thing in the future. And, even more surprising, the forelimb bone with two holes is back AND in a new colour (a very useful one at that). Now that will be useful for large MOCs.

Very curious to see the others. My expectations were low after my disappointment with the 2014 Chima Ultrabuilds (good parts, but subpar designs afaic) but I see a lot of cool builds, pieces and recolours.

Can't believe I just overlooked this topic. I never expected to see star wars constraction. Awesome.

Luke is meh. Could be better, but could be a lot worse. Probably pass on this.

Darth on the other hand is amazing. (Dat cape) this set is impressive. Most impressive.

I wonder what our friend DV thinks now that he has his own set. :tongue:

I think the "tile" on DV is actually one of the street sign pieces. Connecting that to the torso would be a lot easier than connecting a tile.

These definitely look interesting. Both have some interesting designs. But I think I might skip these anyways. Even though they offer new molds and recolors. I can just get those parts from Lego or Bricklink. I don't buy Lego Starwars sets and the heads of these I would have no use for.

Now the other sets to be released. Those may change my opinions.

I think the "tile" on DV is actually one of the street sign pieces. Connecting that to the torso would be a lot easier than connecting a tile.

Yeah, I've seen pics where you can tell that's definitely the case.

Judging by the comments on the Brickset announcement, it would be the best idea to keep discussion of the Star Wars constraction figures in the Action Figures forum, lest they drive us out with pitchforks and torches demanding our heads. I want to highlight this stupendous piece of negativity (I can't tell if this is serious or trolling):

64iZ1Rn.png?1

To repeat what I had said there earlier, it sucks how much people are hating on these; while it is pretty much a given based on how these are based on CCBS, I was not expecting backlash this extreme. I guess I had forgotten how entitled and snobbish some people can be. They look pretty darn good to me and will certainly be fun sets, and I will probably pick up one or two when I get the windfall.

Vader looks good, but I admit that "Nick Bluetooth!" was the first thought that popped into my head when I saw Luke.

Oh yeah, I momentarily forgot the street sign pieces existed, now I can see Vader's control panel (I think that's what it's referred to?) being attached by way of some elaborate hiddden shaft system. Makes much more sense than a tile!

Judging by the comments on the Brickset announcement, it would be the best idea to keep discussion of the Star Wars constraction figures in the Action Figures forum, lest they drive us out with pitchforks and torches demanding our heads. I want to highlight this stupendous piece of negativity (I can't tell if this is serious or trolling):

64iZ1Rn.png?1

To repeat what I had said there earlier, it sucks how much people are hating on these; while it is pretty much a given based on how these are based on CCBS, I was not expecting backlash this extreme. I guess I had forgotten how entitled and snobbish some people can be. They look pretty darn good to me and will certainly be fun sets, and I will probably pick up one or two when I get the windfall.

Urgh - I really dislike people who hate like this, but I suppose haters gotta hate somehow. The comment about how constraction "infected the Exo-Suit legs" is borderline ridiculous... reminds me of exactly how much people on Brickset can hate on constraction and I feel that such hate is perhaps slightly unnecessary... I'm kinda ashamed I am one of the voluntary staff members of that site when I see "trolling" comments like that, given my love of the system :look:

Vader looks good, but I admit that "Nick Bluetooth!" was the first thought that popped into my head when I saw Luke.

Oh darn it, that's going to haunt me every time I see the Luke figure now that's been said. The resemblance is remarkably similar :tongue:

Edited by TheOneVeyronian

Yeah, Luke's head is downright terrifying.

It isn't too bad in my opinion, it's just that accurate human facial features will never translate well to LEGO; either it would appear too complicated compared to the rest of the set, or be inadequately detailed compared to whoever it was based on.

Urgh - I really dislike people who hate like this, but I suppose haters gotta hate somehow. The comment about how constraction "infected the Exo-Suit legs" is borderline ridiculous... reminds me of exactly how much people on Brickset can hate on constraction and I feel that such hate is perhaps slightly unnecessary... I'm kinda ashamed I am one of the voluntary staff members of that site when I see "trolling" comments like that, given my love of the system :look:

I think that this member is serious because a while back (on another Brickset article, probably about the return of Bionicle) he said the same thing. I've expunged that awful memory from my head for the most part though. This sort of hate is unnecessary and childish and makes me wish that, at the very least, inflammatory behavior in the article comments could be removed.

Back on the topic of the figures, I am not too mad about Vader's prints. I think he looks better with them than without them, especially that control panel. I am wondering about the lightsaber pieces, how useful they will be in regular building. I was expecting them to be transparent axles.