just2good

Star Wars Constraction 2015 Discussion

Darth Vader looks pretty great. Nice, imposing size, and I'll probably pick one up.

Luke is actually not a bad looking build. It's just the organic head looks so unnatural compared to the mechanical CCBS body. An attempt to make the head look slightly mechanical or robotic might have served the design better.

Eegh, those new armor pieces are ugly as hell. And what is going on with the silver hero cuffs? At least DV's ugly torso build features lots of useful parts. I'm not sure I'll be able to find a use for the new light saber blade piece, though. And the flesh-colored hands...yuck.

Edited by DraikNova

I am actually pleasantly surprised by these. They're cohesive and even Luke Skywalker doesn't look nearly as bad as what I had feared (though it's still not fantastic but doesn't look as bad as the Superheroes did). I am so glad to see the return of the 6M shell and the rounded shoulder armour, the Breakout cuffs in FLAT SILVER, the 7M B bone (last seen on XT4), and those new armour pieces on the lower legs as well as the lightsaber are absolutely badass. Glad to see Darth Vader also has a new cape, so no doubt I'll have to get two.

These are going to occupy an otherwise rather empty autumn/winter for me. Hooray! :laugh:

I really want to know how DV's utility belt thingy works. If it clips onto the torso, it could be very useful. Especially if it's compatible with the Breakout HF chest plate. I've also been waiting for the return of the rounded armor add-on, so that's nice. And black is the color I need them in most.

Edited by DraikNova

I am actually pleasantly surprised by these. They're cohesive and even Luke Skywalker doesn't look nearly as bad as what I had feared (though it's still not fantastic but doesn't look as bad as the Superheroes did). I am so glad to see the return of the 6M shell and the rounded shoulder armour, the Breakout cuffs in FLAT SILVER, the 7M B bone (last seen on XT4), and those new armour pieces on the lower legs as well as the lightsaber are absolutely badass. Glad to see Darth Vader also has a new cape, so no doubt I'll have to get two.

These are going to occupy an otherwise rather empty autumn/winter for me. Hooray! :laugh:

I'm also very excited to get the 6M shell again, and in black too! Sorely needed for MOCs. The leg pieces I can also see a use for, and lightsabers are something that I've been wanting for a while now.

I'm not the most versed in CCBS parts, is Luke's torso a new shell?

Yup. About the 6m shells, it seems like SW could be very useful to me for getting old parts that I neglected to get at the time.

Edited by DraikNova

Darth Vader looks like a decent figure, and a wonderful (if expensive) parts pack.

Luke looks about as bad as I would have expected.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts.

I'm quite impressed with how well armoured Vader is, though. However something's telling me both of these are in the higher price range of sets...

Yup. About the 6m shells, it seems like SW could be very useful to me for getting old parts that I neglected to get at the time.

Indeed, it looks like Vader even sports some 8M shells in black!

So far I think that's only shown up on Drillodozer and Waspix, in silver and trans-yellow respectively.

Having checked, it also shows up on a large CHIMA system set in flame yellowish orange.

Edited by The Kumquat Alchemist

Damn, the other pictures show that what I thought was a new belt piece is in fact just a couple of technic pieces. Also, I'd be in love with the DV set if it featured 8m shells. That would just be perfect. For building big MOCs in CCBS, which I do a lot, variety of shell pieces is key.

Indeed, it looks like Vader even sports some 8M shells in black!

So far I think that's only shown up on Drillodozer and Waspix, in silver and trans-yellow respectively.

Having checked, it also shows up on a large CHIMA system set in flame yellowish orange.

It's also on XT4 as well. And some of the earlier titan sets. Unless of course, I'm getting 6M shells and 8M shells mixed up...

It's also on XT4 as well. And some of the earlier titan sets. Unless of course, I'm getting 6M shells and 8M shells mixed up...

I think you are mixing up the two measures of shell, though I may also be seeing 8M shells on Vader's limbs where only 6Ms exist.

XT4 never had 8M shells, those are 6M shells. FWIW, 8M shells were last seen just last year in a Legends of Chima set, in Flame Yellowish Orange, so it's not impossible for Darth Vader to have some 8M shells where we can't see them. I'd find that absolutely fantastic if Darth Vader had them in black... :wub_drool:

By the way, is it only Luke and Vader on show here? I'm now itching to see the rest...

Edited by TheOneVeyronian

Actually, DV does seem to have 8m shells on his sides. The bit of the shells that sticks out is just long enough and has the right proportion to the rest of the shell to be 8m.

EDIT: nevermind, they're 6m. Here's hoping that DV uses stickers, rather than printing. If he does use printing, that bumps his status as best parts pack down a bit, and I'll order the pieces from him that I want from Bricks and Pieces.

Edited by DraikNova

Here's hoping that DV uses stickers, rather than printing. If he does use printing, that bumps his status as best parts pack down a bit, and I'll order the pieces from him that I want from Bricks and Pieces.

Hate to burst your bubble, but it definitely looks all printed to me. The chestplate is almost certainly printed (it's always been printed due to it's odd shape that is unsuitable for stickers), can't see any parts with any form of decal in unless there's something I'm missing here.

Wow that Vader with his huge belly and skinny legs. Well, at least they're tried, his build seems far more interesting than any of this year's Bionicle sets (which is a shame).

I like Luke and Darth Vader. Their torso builde are interesting than I thought. Darth Vader looks bigger than Tahu and Luke is the same height as Tahu. His legs is looking cool with a brand new armor piece although it lacks some armor attachments like the armor shells. Still waiting for the rest.

I think they are the best Ultrabuilds.

I rather like Darth Vader, not so much Luke. This is about what I expected. Not a fan of the new lightsabers, but they've got to be more sturdy than those the General Grievous statue had.

Vader looks good! Except that ugly 2x2 tile in the middle of his chest armor... It looks ok in these pics because of subpar lighting, but who knows how that 2x2 will look sitting in front of you... Probably not too good.

Vader looks good! Except that ugly 2x2 tile in the middle of his chest armor... It looks ok in these pics because of subpar lighting, but who knows how that 2x2 will look sitting in front of you... Probably not too good.

I imagine it will look better once it has been printed with Vader's suit controls.

The Lego ideas Darth Vader was much better. This one tries too much to be realistic. And, since iti s Lego, it will never be realistic the result is that it just highlights how unrealistic it is.

And Luke will give children nightmares.

Ehhh. Not sure what to think. They have their ups and downs.

I'll take a back seat for now. Call me when Grievous arrives.

Everyone is freaking out about Luke... I actually quite like the way he looks and think that we could have had way worse. Not sure how well he will justify a $20 price tag though. Darth Vader also looks really good, especially in the pics just posted by Robert8. Not sure about his chest, which doesn't feel like it flows perfectly, but otherwise pretty awesome. I will probably put a couple of these on my list once I get done with Bionicle; mostly waiting on Boba and Grievous (who, based off these, just may fit the $35 price well).

They're better than Superhero's attempt. A completely different level.

Saying that, I don't think they're worth buying, especially Starwars fans when there are so many better sets available.