just2good

Star Wars Constraction 2015 Discussion

Ugh

They are adding organic Jedi.

Why Lego , why. Have they learned nothing from the Joker?

The Lego Ideas thing was such a good template to follow.

I hope that Grievous doesn't use the new bone pieces. Sure, they'd fit the look, but, compared to the normal type, they seem relatively useless for MOCcing purposes.

I hope he actually meant Boba Fett. Which would,equally dived them into OT and PT. He and Vader are the only ones I'd probably be interested in.

Edited by Darth Punk

I think that, since the link in the OP kind of said Boba was a given, I think they might have meant Boba rather than Jango.

Also... Clone Wars Obi-Wan? Oh why? That sounds like it will be an absolute atrocity. Nothing against the character or the show, but considering how the Clone Wars minifigs look, a Constraction figure will look horrible. Can't imagine the animation form translating at all well into these types of sets. I'll pass unless it offers some irresistible cape or cloth parts, or some unique recolours.

I imagine I'll find Luke less appealing also, but I don't think it will look as bad as a Clone Wars Obi-Wan might.

The rest sound like they could be good - especially Grievous, he'll probably translate into CCBS very well and it will be pretty much an instant buy. Wonder if he'll come with his ROTS cape? Okay, I'm probably delving into the realm of fantasy now, but if he's the big set, I would like to see it.

Overall, sounds promising. This is sounding more credible now.

Grievous... Thank you Lego.

Honestly, he's the only one I'm really interested in. Vader's in second, and Jango/Boba/Whoeverit'llbe is a maybe. The rest I really don't care about.

Assuming Grievous is a large set, I'm even more excited. There's just more that can be done at a larger scale (most notably his arms splitting in half. *crosses fingers*)

Cody? And not a generic clone? Wow.

All the non-organic sets are automatically sold on me. It seems they were shown at Nuremberg, but pictures were not allowed. Here's hoping we see them at NYTF!

Like I said, I'm in for Greivous based on the description. The others will have to impress me.

(Who knew Mark Hamill would be made into so many constraction figures? :U)

That's great news. I'm really looking forward to Vader, Fett and Grievious. I'm not surprised that they went with Cody instead of a generic Clonetrooper (or Stormtrooper, for that matter), since a named character simply sounds more interesting than a generic dude.

I think Clone Wars Obi Wan would look not that terrible in CCBS, as the stylized aesthetic may be able to translate fairly well into LEGO. Luke on the other hand has to be really comic-like to work, which may be either great or meh.

Edited by ZORK64

Grievous ? Sweeeeeet !

(Who knew Mark Hamill would be made into so many constraction figures? :U)

The other ones being The Joker and Black Phantom, right ?

Edited by Leewan

Yes, my dreams of a General Grievous constraction figure have come true! I wonder if it's a titan, we haven't had one in ages. I'm not sure if it'll work out on Grievous though, since he's a rather slender character.

Sounds good, hopefully the Jedi dudes means a whole bunch of brown or tan shells.

If it's Jedi Luke Skywalker and based off of films only, it'll probably be his RotJ black outfit.

Though it may be also possible that they'll go with Luke's outfit from Episode V, or maybe even his Episode IV attire.

But yeah, I think too that his black jedi outfit is the most likely one.

That would be disappointing, and boring. Darth Vader will already be black (although I can see him having gunmetal parts), I'm curious to see how Lego will handle this. But we can still hope that Obi-Wan will have some tan parts, and not only white.

On the note of how they will eventually look, I hope they won't recreate the super-bulky look of the Super Heroes Ultrabuilds. I think neither the hero chest add-on nor the torso armour on the shoulders would work that well for the Star Wars characters.

I don't know, Cody and Vader are essentially heavily armoured people, and the chest add-on looks very natural as human armour. It'd be neat if we got some new armouring though (be they shells and/or add-ons).

But as I keep saying, it all depends on how big the budget for these sets are. On one hand, it's Star Wars, so a fairly big budget should be almost taken for granted..but on the other hand, these are constraction sets, which we know are pretty niche as far as Lego's business plans go.

Just so everyone knows, there is a chance that discussion of these sets may be moved to the Star Wars forum, given that up until this point, basically everything Star Wars has been located in that forum. I would rather the discussion, MOCs, etc be kept here, but this is a matter that is being discussed.

Just so everyone knows, there is a chance that discussion of these sets may be moved to the Star Wars forum, given that up until this point, basically everything Star Wars has been located in that forum. I would rather the discussion, MOCs, etc be kept here, but this is a matter that is being discussed.

Why?

This is the action figures forum, after all.

I'm personally looking forward to Grievous and Obi-Wan.

Edited by Jetrax99

I have a feeling Obi-wan will incorporate some dark or 'Metru' red into his color scheme. Just looking at his robes, be they in the movies or 'Clone Wars' TV show, the brown elements could be re-interpreted as 'Metru' red. It'd be an interesting color scheme, if they use tan alongside.

I am interested in Grevous (Grievous?) the most, I'm sure he'll have a very interesting body design.

I have a feeling Obi-wan will incorporate some dark or 'Metru' red into his color scheme. Just looking at his robes, be they in the movies or 'Clone Wars' TV show, the brown elements could be re-interpreted as 'Metru' red. It'd be an interesting color scheme, if they use tan alongside.

I am interested in Grevous (Grievous?) the most, I'm sure he'll have a very interesting body design.

Might be that the Dark red is used again. We already got the Chest plate in Dark Red with that Chi wolf... thing. Anyways here's a quick Obi.

tumblr_nj46t7JCf71ti9evco1_400.pngtumblr_nj46t7JCf71ti9evco2_540.png

Edited by GK733

We already got the Chest plate in Dark Red with that Chi wolf... thing.

Pyrox*

Worriz gave us dark red 5M shells (and they will come back soon in the Hulkbuster set, IIRC).

But there isn't that much brown on Obi-Wan, his outfit is mainly white and tan.