19 hours ago, coinoperator said:

I also heard people about complete missing bags and lego not believing them

That's because the bags and boxes are weighted in the factory multiple times in the production line. Missing a entire bag in a box is a substantial weight difference that should trigger alarms, so I am not surprised Lego would find those claims unbelievable. I am not saying it can't happen, but I can't blame them for being skeptical.

On this forum is at least one member that had this situation.
I agree that it seems almost impossible.

BTW
I also had several times bad parts, parts that were misformed due to a mold error...
I don't know if there is some quality controle, looks extremely difficult to me.

Edited by coinoperator

1 hour ago, Appie said:

That's because the bags and boxes are weighted in the factory multiple times in the production line. Missing a entire bag in a box is a substantial weight difference that should trigger alarms, so I am not surprised Lego would find those claims unbelievable. I am not saying it can't happen, but I can't blame them for being skeptical.

So on my 42082 crane last year I had a real mess with the bag situation.  There were 4 bags all with the same number supposed to be in the set, lets call them 4a, 4b, 4c, and 4d but I had two of bag 4c in the box and 4d completely was missing.  No idea whether these were incorrectly kitted by hand, or whether someone filled in the machine which packs the sets with the wrong bag in the wrong hopper, who knows.  So I was up some parts but missing a ton to complete the model. I eventually worked out what had happened, but Lego must have been suspicious.  I sent them pictures of what had happened.  along with my part built set and about a month later I received all the parts to complete the model.  The missing bag and the substituted bag would have unlikely set of the alarm bells with the tollerances involved on the weighing scales.

Thx for the replies !

After hours of thinking, checking baggies, checking ALL pages of the instruction manual, I found out that I used the wrong rod on page 166.  I used a 9 instead of a 7.  I should have been seeing that during the build.  This mistake made me worry and I lost hours ... this should be a lesson : check your build with the instruction manual.

Sorry guys, sorry Lego !

I am planning on buying the 42082 looks like I will have to pray all pieces are included.

4 hours ago, dabo said:

I am planning on buying the 42082 looks like I will have to pray all pieces are included.

I just built the RTC this weekend with no issues.  With the price of Lego Technic in Europe, I wouldn't be so sore about the occasional missing pieces.  People are re-selling this new for ~$180 on BrickLink from Europe, whereas it costs $299 (MSRP) here.  I don't even want to imagine what the Australians have to pay...

13 hours ago, dabo said:

I would not worry - It is rare that sets are missing any pieces.

Obviously errors can and do occur but they would be in the minority as compared to how many sets are sold.

I've got 112 sets, and the only ever set I've gotten that had a missing piece was the 8285 Tow Truck, back in 2006. I'm really doubtful that you'll have missing pieces.

I brought the Arocs last weekend and have been building it, but the crane turntable is proving a real pig. I’ve rearranged all the hoses quite a few times and played around with the crane base build, but whatever I do, it seems to slip and grind when turning. It seems to turn quite easily by hand, and the drive train it connects to works very freely when the crane is removed, so I can’t work out what the issue is. 

Anyone able to help?

16 hours ago, Wonderpants said:

I brought the Arocs last weekend and have been building it, but the crane turntable is proving a real pig. I’ve rearranged all the hoses quite a few times and played around with the crane base build, but whatever I do, it seems to slip and grind when turning. It seems to turn quite easily by hand, and the drive train it connects to works very freely when the crane is removed, so I can’t work out what the issue is. 

Anyone able to help?

If it turns freely by hand then I'm not quite sure. I did find in mine that the supplied hoses were a bit too long under the turntable so I cut them shorter.

It does in fact jam a bit when turning by hand, but it gets worse when just putting the bare turntable in place (ie no crane arm parts or hoses at all) and using the motor to turn it. 

And of course it’s worse still when the entire crane is in place.