Now it's mentioned I remember they do not sell the pneumatics on their own. So will need to work hard to get the merc for christmas. To all those who have got their hands on one already...ENJOY!!!!

H :thumbup:

Getting mine on the 10th of August, + the 42042 and 42040!!

The Arocs is available at my local toys r us, just saw it on the shelves. None for sale yet on bricklink....opportunity?

Not really. They will be available at other online stores for less than you'de pay at toys'r'us.

As I was out of my country I found the 42043 and bought it. Building it as we speak. My finger are sore after finishing bags 4. The pneumatic crane is a nightmare to build, so MUCH pneumatic hoses in such tight space. But the outcome is wonderful.

One question I have for you, I am missing a 4L Axel with stop from the no. 3 bags. I looked everywhere for it and can not find it. I replaced it with a 4L black axle that was in the bags. Did you have this problem ? Also, the bags look a bit different from the ones Jim posted in his review. A slight change in design.

I will post pics with it finished near other models.

Edited by Freekysch

Just picked up my pre-order from a local toy shop. Can't wait to build it tonight :laugh:

Shop owner told me that the first batch of sets delivered by Lego was already out of stock at his supplier. So grab one while stock last, unless you don't mind waiting a few more weeks.

What I don't understand is why 2 days before release there isn't any sight of advertise from TLG, not even an email, nothing on the website about the new sets....

Shop owner told me that the first batch of sets delivered by Lego was already out of stock at his supplier. So grab one while stock last, unless you don't mind waiting a few more weeks.

What I don't understand is why 2 days before release there isn't any sight of advertise from TLG, not even an email, nothing on the website about the new sets....

Sounds to me that there is no need for advertising at this moment. The sets sell themselves and demand outruns supply even without big campagnes.

Edited by Cumulonimbus

Sounds to me that there is no need for advertising at this moment. The sets sell themselves and demand outruns supply even without big campagnes.

I think EB is advertisement enough for TLG and it's free!!!!!

I don't agree! EB works for all the people on here, what about the rest of the people who buys and plays with LEGO but not necessary frequents a forum?

At the end of the day to advertise their own products on their own email/website it's simply costless!!

Wil the instructions for the B-model come online at the release date? Which would be this saturday right?

I think its too soon to be wishing for parts and B-Model instructions,I would hope that instructions would be up in two weeks time.

And for the parts.....who knows.

Suprisingly the LEGO store in my area also received an early shipment. Bought it yesterday. Today is work but this weekend.........

I have learned over the last little while that although TLG has an "official" release date for many of their big sets, stores don't actually have to honor those "release dates" if they get an early shipment.

Well.. Finally...

Here it is..

19518350984_e15b8cbf63_z.jpg

Many thanks to VFracinteam, who got it for me!

19954132890_6c4eeaa2b7_z.jpg

I've never had so many brandnew legoparts on my desk!

If you think they are too many you can still send those yellow magic tubes to my house.... :laugh: :laugh:

Edited by TheItalianBrick

After almost 12 hours of fun, I want to say that I like this set very much. It has a great design and great functionality. Do I like it more then 8258 ? Not really, but that is only my opinion.

Here are some images with the 3 flagship trucks LEGO ever made.

19956691850_7fe8b5b335_c.jpg

20118442006_c09c46d1e3_c.jpg

For the dutch: toys r us has 15% off of lego until 5th of august.

42043 will be € 169,99.

Anyone else got other/better deals? If so, where?

Can't decide if I want to grab it right now or wait longer for better deals (if there ever will be a better deal...)

I've got 2 8110 Unimog U400s waiting for the 42043 Aroc 3245. Wouldn't it be a fun thing if someone who still has the Unimog built make a comparison of the 2nd Lego Mercedes-Benz partnership?

Well.. Finally...

Here it is..

19518350984_e15b8cbf63_z.jpg

Many thanks to VFracinteam, who got it for me!

19954132890_6c4eeaa2b7_z.jpg

I hope you liked it JunkstyleGio and have a lot of fun with building it :wink: .

Wil the instructions for the B-model come online at the release date? Which would be this saturday right?

In the past, LEGO has often failed to release the B-model instructions on time and it has been weeks or even months later when they become available. More recently, they have been doing a better job. I am hopeful the instructions will be available Saturday.

After almost 12 hours of fun, I want to say that I like this set very much. It has a great design and great functionality. Do I like it more then 8258 ? Not really, but that is only my opinion.

19956691850_7fe8b5b335_c.jpg

Thanks for the images and the comparison! The only thing I don't like about the look of 42043 is that I think there is far too much space between the front tires and the fenders. It looks like a lifted off-road truck. 8258 looks much more scale appropriate. Has anyone tried the soft shocks in the front instead of the yellow hard shocks?