It is a printed shield :D

Le: sorry for this post, slow internet connection did not load some posts...

Edited by Freekysch

42043 was a very interesting build. It took me 12 hours at a leisurely pace, which includes correcting one mistake where I used the wrong length of tubing. I don't think I will do a full review, as most things have already been said. The functions are great, and they all work well for me, but it feels like the model is on the verge of being too large and too heavy for its own good. I am eager to see how Lego surpasses this model in the future...

Two things did bother me, though. Difficulty — Routing the hoses is difficult, but rewarding. Attaching modules with multi-step connections is difficult, but fun. What I didn't enjoy was having to snap together sub-assemblies where the one of three or four pins just would not seat gracefully, because they'd catch on the inner edges of the holes. I feel like the instructions should have been adjusted to reduce this frustration. The second thing, I noticed when I made a mistake of linking the rear differentials with a 4x stopped axle instead of a plain one. While taking the differentials back apart, I noticed that the combination of beam-boxes and stopped axles could easily result in permanently locked connections if you're not paying attention. Do people run into this problem often? I haven't seen it mentioned on EB before.

All in all this is a great set! Since my last flagship set was 8455, I am happy to have built 42043 as a reintroduction to Technic.

Edited by spotfrog

I haven't built mine yet but I'm very tempted, a 42039 should probably satisfy the temptation. The parts I ordered from Lego for my planned modification to the tipping bed is coming next Tuesday, can't wait as much as I am really tempted to build my 42043, I have been watching all the reviews and mods done by other owners. Can't wait til I build mine!

I already built A model twice, and B model once.

B model is great as final model, but actually offers very little in comparison to A.

Cabin is identical, and crane have almost no differences. I hoped to see a different use for pneumatics,

but it's understandable that lego doesn't wish to exhaust some ideas for future models.

The battery box placement doesn't work quite good on the B model. When the trailer is disconnected the front is to heavy,

and the truck have tendencies to flip over front axle. Since the motor and all the functions are in the trailer it would be better that the box is also there.

Definitely great building experience for A model, but after building 42009 once more to be sure, i must admit that the crane is still my favorite set. Still nothing

beats the joy of connecting all that gears :)

The battery box placement doesn't work quite good on the B model. When the trailer is disconnected the front is to heavy,

and the truck have tendencies to flip over front axle. Since the motor and all the functions are in the trailer it would be better that the box is also there.

I replaced the battery box from the cabin to the front of the trailer for 3 reasons:

1: The reason you've stated :)

2: You can't use any PF when you've disconnected the trailer which is not practical.

3: I don't have to connect and disconnect the battery box anymore when unlatching the trailer.

Hey, I'd like to share a few pics of modded 42043. Decided to take a break from the Ferrari build and hopefully improve the already stunning Lego 42043 Arocs! So far only aesthetics mods including a Heavily reworked cabin and dumpbed.

Hope you guys enjoy!

20664547879_09a99a9609_c.jpg42043 Arocs Mods by Shu, on Flickr

20858441961_3de1b70475_c.jpg42043 Arocs Mods by Shu, on Flickr

Hmm nice... cab looks good also in yellow... Arocs is very good source for mods... I couldn't resist too... :)

BTW... I don't like that circular main front lights from Marcus Kossmann... I would rather use the bigger translucent bricks... and on real Arocs they are a little bit higher...

But from you good work... :)

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars

Has anybody seen the ebay UK listing of the 42043 instruction book which is currently at £36? I think the high bidder must be mistaken... it's just a book, not a set! LOL!

Hmm nice... cab looks good also in yellow... Arocs is very good source for mods... I couldn't resist too... :)

BTW... I don't like that circular main front lights from Marcus Kossmann... I would rather use the bigger translucent bricks... and on real Arocs they are a little bit higher...

But from you good work... :)

Max...

Thanks max, and I agree about this set being a good source for mods.

I kept the original light structure because I didn't want this to look completely different from the TLC 42043. Also the real truck has the same structure behind the clear plastic headlight covers.

robustheit_tragfaehigkeit_ueberblick-tragfaehigkeit.jpg

But using translucent plates as you said would be a nice idea to experiment with. :classic:

Edited by sm1995

The headlights are bothering me as well, but I am waiting for a good mod so I can change them :D. Btw, the cab looks great in yellow !

This frontlights are not bad... I would rather copy the shapes of the plastic headlights cover that internal 3 round lights...

grill3.png

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars

... i think the lights are perfect ... sure, on the real one the lights are in-line with licence plate, but hey ... its Lego ...

arocs_vs_arocs.jpg

Dafgek81,

that's not my Image... someone posted it here on EB... try to look in Arocs Mods topic... I think it was there...

I like the rectangle lights much more that round...

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars

Hmm... I just searched in the "Arocs Mods and Improvements" and also in This topic and I can't find the post any more too...

But it's not hard to build it on your own from the image when you want... I like only the grill and headlights from the image... the rest would I build other way... :)

Max...

The Instruction Book auction finishes today in a little over 2 hours from now. It is now at £51 + £4 shipping. If only there was a way to tell the high bidder that he /she is bidding on a book... I highly doubt this is deliberate.

Auction here.

The Instruction Book auction finishes today in a little over 2 hours from now. It is now at £51 + £4 shipping. If only there was a way to tell the high bidder that he /she is bidding on a book... I highly doubt this is deliberate.

Auction here.

Well, the auction is very well described and categorized, so bidders can only blame themselves...

Some pics are disappearing because something is wrong with mocpages. I created a light kit with 16 different lights for the AROCs, added the kit, took pics and posted them. But they are now gone b/c of dumb mocpages. If others are taking images from mocpages they will also be gone from any posts on eurobricks. because of the exceptionally low attachment limits here on eurobricks others can't just simply attach their images.

even the pics from my signature block are gone.....

G'day all, anyone in Australia bought Arocs or Crawler Crane from a retail outlet say Myer or Toyworld? I noticed the Arocs disappeared from the Lego shop "The Aussie online store anyway" for a week or so due to demand I suppose, but is back up again now. I'd rather buy locally and support an Aussie business if I can.

As they say, the waiting is the hardest part.

Your pictures ARE available on MOCpages..

http://mocpages.com/moc.php/418368..

Glitch in their system. They were not earlier today and for the past few. Anyone who follows mocpages knows that it goes out occasionally. Obviously it is now back and functional. In fact, Sariel, a very popular MOCer, recently posted a new creation in which you could not see pics for a few days......but now it looks like the site is back fully functional.

G'day all, anyone in Australia bought Arocs or Crawler Crane from a retail outlet say Myer or Toyworld? I noticed the Arocs disappeared from the Lego shop "The Aussie online store anyway" for a week or so due to demand I suppose, but is back up again now. I'd rather buy locally and support an Aussie business if I can.

As they say, the waiting is the hardest part.

I'm in New Zealand and Toyworld got them on Friday so go into your local store and put in an order for one :classic: