Not sure yet!

Next Wednesday starting at 0:00 CET or Wednesday starting about 22:00 CET.

Gonna have to pull up an armchair in front of my computer for Conchas' live build with beer and snacks. At almost 2800 pieces it's gonna be many hours. Also wonder what time on Wednesday Sariels video review will be up.

Gonna have to pull up an armchair in front of my computer for Conchas' live build with beer and snacks. At almost 2800 pieces it's gonna be many hours. Also wonder what time on Wednesday Sariels video review will be up.

Let's hopes it's minus the rat!

I think it's a hamster and I love it. It's a major part of sariels clips...

I have this scenario in mind where a hamster is mooching around in the truckbed, then the grapple loader dumps in a load of nibbles. I think the little critter would need nerves of steel, though. Then we can see that dumping function in action, to get rid of the mountain of poo :B

I have this scenario in mind where a hamster is mooching around in the truckbed, then the grapple loader dumps in a load of nibbles.

Sounds like a plan ;)

My reviews will go live at 00:01 AM California time, because that's the timezone YouTube is using.

Edited by Sariel

Was only joking love his videos.

Sounds like a plan ;)

My reviews will go live at 00:01 AM California time, because that's the timezone YouTube is using.

What time is that here sariel?

Was only joking love his videos.

What time is that here sariel?

I belive it's 9am here in Norway, wich should be the same in ireland. I might be wrong, if so it's at 8am for you in Ireland.

Edit: Yeah it will be up at 8am in Ireland.

Edited by larsi239

Of course, for me the star of the show will be those new pneumatics. I would really be grateful to see those in detail. May I ask that we get to see a detailed comparison of the new pneumatics with the old? I would love to know if they can hold as much if not more air pressure so we can see if they are as powerful if not more powerful than before. Also would like to know if the pump and valves have been upgraded. Oh, and I'de like to see the new turn table and how well that performs structurally. Oh, and the new telescopic pieces. Oh, and if there are any other new parts that we haven't seen yet. :blush:

I would like to see if there is any difference in the nozzles between the new and old cylinders and valves.

With the existing cylinders it was possible to bore out the nozzles a bit, to reduce airflow limitations if fast response is needed. Care had to be taken not to damage the top seal in the process.

If the new cylinders had tighter nozzle bore then it might simulate hydraulics better but only with a slow flow rate i.e. not so useful for fast movement or many compressor cylinders.

From the box pictures posted so far it was not clear whether the nozzles were a different shape and would be unmodifiable, e.g. conical and hence becoming shorter if bored out and therefore unable to hold a hose.

Mark

May I ask that we get to see a detailed comparison of the new pneumatics with the old? :blush:

My plan is to make a separate video specifically comparing the new and old pneumatic elements and showing some performance tests. This may follow a couple of days after the review, though, due to my workload. I'll make sure to post it here in a separate thread ASAP.

Another thing: I have filmed the building process at 25x speed (full HD, of course), which is fairly low for a set this big. My thinking is, YouTube player allows you to speed up video up to 2x, so you can go faster if you want to, while 25x should be slow enough to give you a decent insight into how the truck is built.

Edited by Sariel

Not sure yet!

Next Wednesday starting at 0:00 CET or Wednesday starting about 22:00 CET.

Sounds like it could be interesting, and it's the middle of the day for me too! Can you give a link to where you will be streaming?

Sariel, can you tell us anything or do we have to wait until July 1st?

If we can: are the new ones better; and how? Is the smallest cylinder changed? And how?

If not: I'll just wait I suppose ;)

Please be patient and wait for the review(s)!

Geez, you guys are worse then my 4yo when it comes to patience.

And that's coming from a man who's wife says he's mentally a 12yo.

Sounds like a plan ;)

he he Sariel we expect that due to overload bandwitch the Youtube servers will go down once you post the mighty review of the 42043 set !

In Poland it will be on what time ? 9 am ?

Thanks and regards

Edited by AOW

Be patient and wish me luck with the gear. My old camera died on me a few days ago, and the replacement I got is giving me awful image quality :/

Oh man. May good luck rain down upon you! And yeah, we are excited and impatient. I haven't had that feeling in a long time for a Lego set so I'm gonna keep it :tongue:

As history indicates, invading Poland is a bad idea ;)

All these polish people visiting Italy every year....isn't that an "invasion"? :sweet:

Sorry for the OT! (JIM will kill me )

I have to say that I'm excited about this set, but even more about the new pneumatics and all the ways we could use them to improve our new mocs and old ones aswell!!

Edited by TheItalianBrick

If there arent technic figures anymore, there must be some test driver in same size :laugh: .Also I find your lack in animal species disturbing :sceptic: .

Dear Sariel, can I visit you to see this technic flagship masterpiece?Im living few kilometers from Cieszyn :grin: .

Also one and half day to go! :blush: