Guys!

Help me please.

I am from Russan Federation, is there any place where they deliver to here?

Edited by chubays

Yeah, if I HAD to get rid of 8421 to get 42043 I'd do it but do you not have another set to sell? 8421 is a good set.

It is a big dilemma for me.... 8421 I got real cheap on ebay and got me out of my dark ages - but thanks to 42009 the prices have been coming down and now is the time to swap/sell - no doubt in the far future it will be more collectable again but only in box etc... mine is in great condition, but no box - buggy motor and pneumatic cylinder brackets are in splendid shape.

So either its 8421 or 8455 (with manuals and box - though box in bad condition) that needs to go if I want to get arocs

I do not envy that choice :sceptic: . One thing to consider MIGHT be that the longer cylinders will probably not be compatible with the cylinder brackets and might also make them obsolete. This might make the cylinder brackets become not so highly prized in a few months time when we can get those longer cylinders instead.

A PF and Pneumatic Mercedes-Benz flagship? Wow! never heard of that before! :grin:

ehem 8110 Mercedes-Benz Unimog U400

this 42043 is a follow up mate, whereas the Unimog showcased Power Functions and Pneumatics working together in one set the Arocs will be a hybrid of Linear Actuators, Gen 2 Pneumatics and Power Functions.

Take this with a huge grain of salt, since it is just a couple of prices in webshops, but a few dutch webshops (this one and this one at the very bottom of the page), currently have a RRP listed of 199,99 euro (same price as the 42009 in our country). Even when I consider the PF and Pneumatics, this set most likely has a huge amount of pins and other cheap parts that are raising the piece count, so I find the RRP from these webshops pretty plausible.

I've pre-ordered one set for €199..

I'm guessing this translates to around 169.99 english dollarz; same as the Volvo wheelthinger. I'd best save up for the Mobile Crane MKII first because that's probably going to disappear soon.

Cheers!

June? i would have thought July, if that was the case, expect the new ones to be up around then or a bit later.

At www.spielwaren-bludau.de the 42043 for € 169,- from 15 august.

Does anyone know when it will be available in France? I am in france this summer so may be able to pick one up ...

alternatively I am willing to swap am 8421 (complete, no box in great condition) for one but that will be an issue for another section of the forums....

Best guess is sometime this summer.

On the other side, I thought what if Lego's portal axle component can be fitted to the Arocs' axles, will it be possible to make the wheels and tires bigger? Super singles design, the candidate design being the ones used in set 42029 Customized pickup truck.

I guess reviews about this set could start coming out pretty soon then. I look forward to more details.

Guys do you know if there is any 3D model of the new pneumatic cylinders? I need to put them in my MOC so then I can complete and make instructions for all of you!

It is the first clear picture I have seen at least! Looks great, those 1x1/11 M cylinders are just :wub_drool:

This is the first time since coming out of my dark ages I am genuinely excited about a new set!

I usually really enjoy my summers..... hot sun, bikinis, ice cream, the beach...... but now I want it to be Aug. already.

Can't wait for this one. Also can't wait to see what people do with those lovely lovely cylinders :wub: :wub: .

Those cylinders really rock!!!

Can't wait to get my hands on this set... But sad, that I'll never build die original model...

Those cylinders really rock!!!

Can't wait to get my hands on this set... But sad, that I'll never build die original model...

I'll probably actually build this one. Then watch it for a minute, then tear it apart :classic: