especially the way the LEGO guy demos in the above video, he just pulls the crane back round to the side at the end of the video, I'm not sure you could do this with PF, surely the Cogs would not allow this?

Possibly a clutch gear in the drivetrain. In most PF models, moving structures that could cause a pinch injury (or similar) get a clutch gear or some other failsafe.

Edited by andythenorth

The Mercedes Benz Arocs and the Crawler Crane aren't on display at the New York Toy Fair. Isn't that a bit strange?

From brickset.com

Apparently the Merc truck and crawler crane were not on show which probably means they won't be sold at retail in the USA.

The Mercedes Benz Arocs and the Crawler Crane aren't on display at the New York Toy Fair. Isn't that a bit strange?

From brickset.com

Is well known, that Technic isnt popular in USA .

I highly doubt they won't release this set in Canada. I have never seen them NOT release the flagship set in Canada. Although, I am not too sure what happened with 8258 in 2009.

For me, as the kind who is hugely interested in Technic and almost zero in other themes, I can't understand why Technic (from what I understand) is almost on the verge of being unpopular over there.

That's going to be a big big disappointment if Lego won't sell the 42042 and 42043 here in the US just when things starts getting better for this set, opening doors for cab forward design truck in this scale, straight 6 engine, and finally a confirmation that the final section of the crane arm does indeed stretches.

Well, it was speculated that the 2014 sets would not be released in the US, but here they are. I don't think that Lego would not release the two biggest sets over here, but I'd be pissed if they don't.

Well, it was speculated that the 2014 sets would not be released in the US, but here they are. I don't think that Lego would not release the two biggest sets over here, but I'd be pissed if they don't.

I'd be very pissed off too, I rarely buy big expensive sets from TLG and if they passed this out, my savings would have gone to nothing. Let's all hope for the best though.

73C4618F-F1DB-4CAD-8D60-8EA9239AE543_zpsqtlnsqfb.jpg

About the b-model, how does the wire reach from the motor to the battery box? Look at how far the distance is between them (motor in trailer and battery box behind cab of truck). Also, I like how the trailer of the truck has some solid build to it, unlike the flatbed trailer of the b-model of Lego 8285. I also see how the two extra wheel became spare wheels, one each for the trailer and the truck.

EDIT: Is the battery box on the truck, or the trailer? I don't know actually.

Edited by sama

What I think though is TLG is doing a different approach, let it's home market see the Arocs model first and then let it's other market see it, when I first talked to people I know about the Unimog they didn't believed that Mercedes-Benz has an icon capable of making a Hummer H1 or Ford Raptor embarrassed, this upcoming 42043 Arocs might also have the same thing because I think most Americans probably haven't even heard or seen a Mercedes-Benz truck, so I hope when TLG releases it here (pertaining to the 42043 and 42042 of course) every kid and kid at heart will be so curious about it that they will get their hands on one, (I'll get both of them), with 2,793 parts alone this is going to be TLG's most challenging set to be released and it should be because I'm placing my bet on it. I'm pretty sure though that the rest of the world knows that Mercedes-Benz has a truck fleet that can match any other truck company's but back here in the US it's all just Peterbilts, Internationals, Volvos, Macks, Freightliners, some from Ford, GM and Chrysler.

They didn't release 8258 Crane Truck in Canada for some reason and that bugged us to no end. :angry: Since then, all Technic flagships have been released in Canada. :classic:

About the b-model, how does the wire reach from the motor to the battery box? Look at how far the distance is between them (motor in trailer and battery box behind cab of truck). Also, I like how the trailer of the truck has some solid build to it, unlike the flatbed trailer of the b-model of Lego 8285. I also see how the two extra wheel became spare wheels, one each for the trailer and the truck.

EDIT: Is the battery box on the truck, or the trailer? I don't know actually.

As far as I can see from the pic, the battery box is still behind the cab.

Yes it was behind the cab. In one of my photos I think you can see it and in one picture also a wire sticking out. Its a pity I didnt bring a proper camera... Instead of posting more low quality pictures here is a link to my photobucket folder for The exhibition, in case someone is interested.

http://s79.photobucket.com/user/Askanaskan/library/Mobile%20Uploads/Lego%20World%20Copenhagen%202015?sort=3&page=1

There is also a picture of the awesome idea of letting kids play with 42030 inside the bucket of a real Volvo loader.

Edited by Askan

Maybe I'm blind, but I cannot clearly see the motor either, so maybe the motor in the b model is also in the cab/tractor unit and you connect an air line between the trailer and the tractor as you would a real truck?

You can't see motor, but you can clearly see the wire ... I think, they could use some better solution for trailer coupling then pulley's .....

857762A8-57CF-4239-ABE4-AE806E2FEB9B_zpsfuzadtlb.jpg

79DCAA51-7ADD-4A9C-AF54-A700F7169AB1_zpsk2lak0yi.jpg

Cool, looks like there is lockable fifth wheel on B model and some interesting fron suspension setup.

You can't see motor, but you can clearly see the wire ... I think, they could use some better solution for trailer coupling then pulley's .....

857762A8-57CF-4239-ABE4-AE806E2FEB9B_zpsfuzadtlb.jpg

I can see the motor, look just above the sticker for the bed tipping function.

What kind of "grabber" does the B-model have? It does not look like it can be opened / closed by the pneumatc cilinder. I think you can pneumatically turn the bucket.

Cool, looks like there is lockable fifth wheel on B model and some interesting fron suspension setup.

A little close-up

073C0206-B2F0-4279-8D75-4052779A35D9_zpsdmzqjwon.jpg

What kind of "grabber" does the B-model have? It does not look like it can be opened / closed by the pneumatc cilinder. I think you can pneumatically turn the bucket.

There are pneu hoses going to the grabber. And the sticker showed a mechanism where it is opened like... I cant explain very well in English, but something like jaws opening in the middle. Zooming in the sticker

A5BE19CA-126E-4D69-B014-D48DB7ABA04C_zpsex94pjx9.png

The pictures does confirm the Straight-6 is there, I hope to see the set's HOG system trickle down in future sets, the style it has which has no knobs but instead makes use of the beacon lights is a wise move.

The pictures does confirm the Straight-6 is there, I hope to see the set's HOG system trickle down in future sets, the style it has which has no knobs but instead makes use of the beacon lights is a wise move.

Such HOG is not all that new. Pneumatic mobile crane 8460 used the same principle, perhapse some other sets too...

It's an old trick. Lots of 80s and 90s sets did it. In the case where they're split left & right, it tends to have more slack and lower performance due to gear train, compared to a direct drive from the vehicle centerline.

8235 Front End Loader also had steering via the beacon light. I had this set once, man does it bring back memories just thinking of it :blush: