a new video that probably all of you have already seen and though this may have been pointed out already, when you pause the video at 2:20 though it seems vague it is a 99.99% possibility that a Straight-6 (Inline-6/ I-6) engine is resting under what seems to be a new variant of the turn table, can anyone confirm if those yellow bricks resting before the third pair of wheels are reserve air tanks for the pneumatic system?

I also like to point it out that (again if it has been posted in this discussion forgive me) the HOG steering is through the pair of beacon lights I kept watching how the guy steered it and both moved, it is the cleanest version of Lego's HOG steering system for it's Technic sets.

No, those pieces are wheel chocks. However, it would be nice if it had an air tank.

No, those pieces are wheel chocks. However, it would be nice if it had an air tank.

I would have loved if those were such, having an air tank would save battery power and from my standpoint will slowdown the L-Motor's deterioration process. Any final confirmation though if it's a Straight-6 resting under the turntable?

Edited by MrPaulo23

What's the 'big' deal about whether it's a 4 or 6 IL engine? I have so many of those engine blocks that I don't know what to do with.

Or is the debate more about authenticity?

What's the 'big' deal about whether it's a 4 or 6 IL engine? I have so many of those engine blocks that I don't know what to do with.

Real Arocs has 6 cylinder engine, so people wants same in the technic model.

Yes it's also the authenticity since this a licensed set, the Unimog was an exception because they have standard 4-cylinders especially the U4023/5023 variants only the UGN series Unimogs U423/523 carry 6 as their optional engine, the Arocs like the Zetros, Actros, Axor, Econic, Atego and probably a couple of G-Wagens carry Straight-6 units so having the Arocs 3245 set with a Straight-6 is very logical and necessary.

It will be longggg wait before our speculations can even be cleared.

Mate the technical data of the Arocs on Daimler-Benz's press release back in 2013 and the official website shows its a 6-cylinder beast so it having 4 cylinder is going to be a problem among purists like me unless someone has no clue MB makes trucks too then it's okay, then again it's a toy set AFOLs sure have pieces in handy when this set arrives, my main argument is that wouldn't this set be more presentable and fun if that Straight 6 is underneath between the cab and the turntable?

Edited by MrPaulo23

Is it just me or does it look like the crane arm has alot of flex in it like it isn't very strong, In alot of pictures the crane arm seems to be on a slight angle?, also when he pushes the truck with his hand it just twists. Also hopefully it has a good tipping angle on the bin, apart from that looks awesome :thumbup:

The pickup truck is a uniquely American concept (they don't exist in Europe) and we have 42029.

Correct. I imagine the nearest British equivalent would be the Ford Transit van, which in many ways is the same thing but with a covered load area. That's the British weather for you :-)

Pickups do exist here, but they are rare, and the ones I've seen appear very high end. I gather the USA pickup is a utilitarian beast.

I can't wait to get this model BTW, definitely on the Christmas list.

Jennifer

Edited by Jennifer Clark

Correct. I imagine the nearest British equivalent would be the Ford Transit van, which in many ways is the same thing but with a covered load area. That's the British weather for you :-)

Pickups do exist here, but they are rare, and the ones I've seen appear very high end. I gather the USA pickup is a utilitarian beast.

I can't wait to get this model BTW, definitely on the Christmas list.

Jennifer

Land Rover had the Defender 127 and 130 pickup trucks too

this is very popular here in south africa

"toyota hilux" pickup there many make and model of pickup here not just usa

Edited by dougstar

Could it really be, the first video posted on this topic just shows 4 exposed cylinders but underneath that turntable/ crane arm unit could be another 2 cylinders?

post-93242-0-63396600-1423328640_thumb.jpg

It's very likely that there are 2 more cylinders hidden beneath the battery box. Makes a L6 then. They obviously have enough space for a L6.

Edited by Emmi

It's very likely that there are 2 more cylinders hidden beneath the battery box. Makes a L6 then. They obviously have enough space for a L6.

They had the turntable lifted which makes space, I'm still inspecting the latest video from 2:20 - 2:25. Really wish this is an L6

Could it really be, the first video posted on this topic just shows 4 exposed cylinders but underneath that turntable/ crane arm unit could be another 2 cylinders?

It's a straight 6 for sure - no doubt about it.

Have a look at this video and stop it where I have it queued (2:23):

We can clearly see 2 and a bit cylinders in front of battery box (4.5 studs).

Now count the studs back between the front of the engine and back to and including the HOG steering vertical shaft (10 studs).

Now look at this video and stop it where I have it queued (2:36):

Here you can clearly see one more cylinder (6th cylinder) behind the HOG vertical shaft and underneath the turntable.

10 studs = 5 cylinders + the one we can see here = 6 straight cylinders. :classic:

I'm with Conor, I think there are more than 4 cylinders there. That's based on counting studs, but because of the camera angles, I could be counting wrong. 4, 5, or 6, doesn't really matter to me, to me it's a nice toy either way, but eh. :wink:

Edited by andythenorth

Who cares about the dam cylinder s it's a fake engine :(

Really....what else do you expect look to add to a engine in that scale? :sceptic:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

I think most of us care, because Lego was able to squeeze a dummy V8 on the 8258 and a V6 on the 8285, Technic sets that are somewhat of close scale to this upcoming 42043, I'll stick with my argument, yes it's a toy regardless of whether someone else will care if it's a 4 or a 6 inline engine on it wouldn't it be more compelling for this set and scale if it's got a Straight-6?

There more than likely is a 6 cylinder u just can't see it. There not going to put a 4 cylinder in a model this size.

Very nice work! But I wonder about one thing though: As the new rail is meant to be used with the new gear rack, what are the options to mount a gear that will interact with the rack? I mean, there are no holes or mounting points on the top of the end of the rail to brace the gear. (I hope you understand what I mean).

It can be done using the 2 pinholes in the front, but it will look a bit bulky. I will make a drawing on how you could do this with a 12t double bevel gear. This will be somewhere in the weekend.

Like promised.

16278613638_f08d90c2ce_c.jpg

Sliding beam gear attechment by Barman76, on Flickr

This is a much needed part and will indeed come in handy for boom extensions and outriggers. The front outriggers on 8258 look rather flimsy IMO. :classic:

Those new crane arm extension parts look really handy, they give the crane a more realistic look.

I think it's a stupid single-purpose POOP in a non-reusable color and with very limited connection options, but I seem to be a minority so far.

Edit: I mean the red box. The gray extender looks somewhat useful to me. But nothing the existing 13L gear rack can't do, except be a little longer.

Edited by Erik Leppen