Look at the oblique tiles under the grille (just above the license plate): Why a non-symmetric construction with a mix 5x1(?), 3x1, and 2x1 tiles?

42043_arocs_6.jpg

Also, looks like we're getting few more of the rare 1x6 thin liftarm in yellow. It was first seen in the Power Puller and not since, but then again this year in 3 sets (Volvo, Dozer, Container Truck). That should help push BL's prices down.

32063.gif

Edited by DrJB

Look at the oblique tiles under the grille (just above the license plate): Why a non-symmetric construction with a mix 4x1, 3x1, and 2x1 tiles?

42043_arocs_6.jpg

Because the display models are built by marketing, and those people have no clue what they're doing?

If I remember correctly, we have seen these kind of building mistakes on previous toy fair display models.

On the box art shown early in the video the lower tiles look symmetric to me.

Edited by thomol

I'm 100% certain that angled DBG 3x1 tile (above the licence plate, part of the grill) is improperly placed on the two technic half pins by half a stud. Its been bugging me ever since I first saw these photos.

Edited by fasterthanlight

IIRC that they mess rearview mirrors on customized pick up truck last year on toy fair.Lke somebody never seen car before.

This model is not accurate, accurate model is on the box and wall as seen and promobricks video.That yellow piece is replaced with black.

The truck is also missing the drivers side rear view mirror setup, if anyone noticed :tongue: So it's clearly a building mistake. I can imagine this happening, because the models are assembled very hastily and there's no time to check this stuff.

A great set! Nice to see so many new elements.

Although I have so my points:

- Why does the crane looks "to high" behind the cabin? When it is flat (not folded down) it is only a little bit higher than the cabin.

- The pneumatic hoses are a little bit long. In the past Lego used flex-system outher cables to guide the hoses just linke in real life. No crane has hydraulic hoses from base to the end.

- The cabin looks not that realistic. I prefer a MAN cabin.

- Extension of the crane arm looks still a little bit small. In real life the last section of the crane arm extends almost over the full lengt.

A great set! Nice to see so many new elements.

Although I have so my points:

- Why does the crane looks "to high" behind the cabin? When it is flat (not folded down) it is only a little bit higher than the cabin.

- The pneumatic hoses are a little bit long. In the past Lego used flex-system outher cables to guide the hoses just linke in real life. No crane has hydraulic hoses from base to the end.

- The cabin looks not that realistic. I prefer a MAN cabin.

- Extension of the crane arm looks still a little bit small. In real life the last section of the crane arm extends almost over the full lengt.

Well if you want a MAN cabin you are not in luck because the is a merc

It depends on the model of the crane, size of the truck...for this size of the truck, it is possible to have cranes that have 10 or more extendable sections 10x. For this Lego model, i think it is fine.

It depends on the model of the crane, size of the truck...for this size of the truck, it is possible to have cranes that have 10 or more extendable sections 10x. For this Lego model, i think it is fine.

I am talking about the extension of 1 section, not the amount of extendible sections.

Look at the oblique tiles under the grille (just above the license plate): Why a non-symmetric construction with a mix 4x1, 3x1, and 2x1 tiles?

Am I wright when we have seen 2 different cabins (London Toy Fair and Spielwarenmesse at Nuremburg)? Look at the grill of the Mercedes.

Edited by JanGroen

Also, looks like we're getting few more of the rare 1x6 thin liftarm in yellow. It was first seen in the Power Puller and not since, but then again this year in 3 sets (Volvo, Dozer, Container Truck). That should help push BL's prices down.

32063.gif

In other pics this part has been used in different color. To be honest, it does not make sense putting such part in yellow there.

Perhaps someone has already posted about this I unfortunately did not notice. What could it be?

Valve, probably the standard existing part, although eh, a new one would be nice too. :classic:

Would be great with a valve that didn't work either or... That would stop halfway Like the LA or a real hydraulic actuator...

-would make steering of cranearm much more precise...

Lego can use strange names

:laugh: Ain't that the truth! "Air Tech Claw Rig" being one of my personal favourites :wacko:

On topic: I wonder why they decided to use 2x 3L Liftarms on the doors, when using 2x 6L thin liftarms probably would have looked cleaner. Not a big fan of random gaps in an otherwise clean surface, if it's avoidable

On topic: I wonder why they decided to use 2x 3L Liftarms on the doors, when using 2x 6L thin liftarms probably would have looked cleaner. Not a big fan of random gaps in an otherwise clean surface, if it's avoidable

Could be that they're not both simple liftarms. One of them could be this part:

63869.gif

Or something else entirely. I'm pretty sure there's a reason.

Maybe the DBG tile on the left is the only 1x5 DBG tile in existence

Good Catch. I do not recall ever seeing a 1×5, and in any color. This reinforces my theory as to, if TLG had to choose between using a (1×5) or (1×2+1×3), they (Marketing would twist everyone's arm) sure would opt for the latter, just to up the number of advertised parts. The recurrent slogan 'largest set ever' does not come by pure chance, there is a deliberate effort to use as many small parts as possible.

Edited by DrJB

Good Catch. I do not recall ever seeing a 1×5, and in any color. This reinforces my theory as to, if TLG had to choose between using a (1×5) or (1×2+1×3), they (Marketing would twist everyone's arm) sure would opt for the latter, just to up the number of advertised parts. The recurrent slogan 'largest set ever' does not come by pure chance, there is a deliberate effort to use as many small parts as possible.

If this set was a expensive LEGO system set I think they will use the 1x5 tile to make more people buy the set for new parts.

:laugh: Ain't that the truth! "Air Tech Claw Rig" being one of my personal favourites :wacko:

In the UK it was always "Compressor Truck"; none of this air claw nonsense!

There's a few sets like this where I've noticed the seemingly universal name on all the sites/forums is completely different from what they were in real life (my first set, 8854 was definitely "Salvage Hoist", for another example, and 8880 was something like "Daytona Supercar") - just differences in UK/USA naming conventions, perhaps?

The tile (right) has been moved by half a stud hence the small gap. it would normally be a 4+1 tile arangment either side, theres pictures of it where it is placed correctly. this is because there is no 5L tiles.

32063.gif

There are 4 of them in 42028, the are not rear!

Edited by chubays