I'm hoping for a small, 2 stud thick cylinder. It would be a dream come true to buy a few of them and modify them in order to build a compact LPE. What do you think about that Nicjasno? :D

Unless I missed it, do we know what the MSRP of this set is?

Edited by DrJB

170 pounds, that's a bargain because it's the same price as the Volvo l350f. I'm really excited for this model, it has many useful pieces I need, for example those 8 wheels will be very useful for my future mocs, plus out of all the technic sets we have seen this one has the largest quantity of pneumatics which will be nice for me to finally get my hands on some pneumatics, extra engine cylinders which will be useful, more white panels, 8 more suspension wheel parts, an extra battery box. This set will be very handy and enjoyable.

170 pounds, that's a bargain because it's the same price as the Volvo l350f. I'm really excited for this model, it has many useful pieces I need, for example those 8 wheels will be very useful for my future mocs, plus out of all the technic sets we have seen this one has the largest quantity of pneumatics which will be nice for me to finally get my hands on some pneumatics, extra engine cylinders which will be useful, more white panels, 8 more suspension wheel parts, an extra battery box. This set will be very handy and enjoyable.

8 wheels? Try 12. They actually doubled them in the back!

~ 2700

Yikes!! I was way off!! But I don't mind. ~1,000 more pieces than I estimated? I'll take it! TLG is moving in the right direction.......

I can convert from pounds to dollars but, I know the price 'structure' is not the same on both sides of the Atlantic. So, anyone has the US $ MSRP?

So, this may already be posted..... I don't have time to read the whole thread.... but @ 2798 elements, this is the largest Technic set ever! I am surprised at the lack of chatter about that.

Also, second to this is obviously the MK II crane..... but it was criticized for having so many pins. I know we don't have a inventory yet, but I am curious how many of the 2798 pieces will be pins

Dear AndroTech, you made mistake in one tag.Its not glagship but flagship :-) .

.... but it was criticized for having so many pins ...

There was a thread I started a while back on here and it's titled "glue and nails". Essentially, if you look at all the studless official sets, the numbers of pins and bushings typically makes around 50% of the total part count. To me, advertising the total number of parts (when those are getting smaller and smaller) is a bit misleading as it offers no 'tangible' value to the set itself. Yes, it's a useful tool for marketing people, but I'd rather see the total weight of all parts together as a better metric.

... but I am curious how many of the 2798 pieces will be pins ...

I would guess that between the various pins and 1L bushings (which are becoming few in the sets), count on the pins to be easily over 1000. You could of course add as well the small 2L thin liftarms and 2L red axles, and that number will quickly climb higher.

Edited by DrJB

Dear AndroTech, you made mistake in one tag.Its not glagship but flagship :-) .

My bad ... :blush: ... Jim, will you please correct the word ...

I cannot wait for this set. Definitely buying this. The parts is 1 of the many reasons. This is arguably the best lego technic flagship set. Can't wait for more info about new pneumatic cylinders.

Eh, small things, but the doors probably open on this thing? :classic: Look at how they're mounted at the front, there's a natural hinge point in the design. And the rear cab is strong enough not to need fixed doors for rigidity (there's loads of bracing in the rear cab for the steering, battery box etc). EDIT: oops, the cab tilts, my idea is probably wrong. :blush:

(images here if you want to look) http://www.technicbr...-nuremberg.html

Also I'm going to get off the fence: the cab is ugly imo. Relative to other large trucks (8285, 8258, 8109), the mix of liftarms on the doors looks a mess. Taken as a whole though the set is definitely not ugly :classic:

Edited by andythenorth

Very small detail but, is this a new (slightly modified) battery box? Look at the markings near the switch. Unless it's just a sticker.

TBs_20150128_1l.png

Edited by DrJB

Very small detail but, is this a new (slightly modified) battery box? Look at the markings near the switch. Unless it's just a sticker.

It's just a sticker we have seen it on other sets.

Edited by Blakbird
: Removed large quoted image.

I don't know why a lot in here think the cabin looks ugly - i think it looks just fine, I have no complaints with it!

Nice extra detail I just figured out, the cabin is fixed from tilting by this ... it seems like you can turn it around to unlock it so you can tilt the cabin :)

merc_arocs_cabinlock.jpg

Edited by Emmi

Nice extra detail I just figured out, the cabin is fixed from tilting by this ... it seems like you can turn it around to unlock it so you can tilt the cabin :)

I think that's just aesthetic detailing, it's fixed in place by two pins.

So, this may already be posted..... I don't have time to read the whole thread.... but @ 2798 elements, this is the largest Technic set ever! I am surprised at the lack of chatter about that.

Also, second to this is obviously the MK II crane..... but it was criticized for having so many pins. I know we don't have a inventory yet, but I am curious how many of the 2798 pieces will be pins

you can never have enough pins :-p

guessing it will be around 650 1l black pins