Sign in to follow this  
Trunkbass

Determine exact piece count of your own collection

Hi there,

I have searched around a bit, but I couldn't find a good solution to my problem.

Is there a way to determine the exact piece count for your own collection?

With this I don't mean an overall piece count, but say a way to know how many Tan 2x2 bricks you have.

I know you can add your the sets you own on websites like Brickset. They give an overall number for the total, but is there a function to search by brick and know how many of each type you have, based on set info?

I know this wouldn't work with added bricks from PaB or Bricklink, but it would be an easy start to know what you have or haven't.

Thank you!

Hi there,

I have searched around a bit, but I couldn't find a good solution to my problem.

Is there a way to determine the exact piece count for your own collection?

With this I don't mean an overall piece count, but say a way to know how many Tan 2x2 bricks you have.

I know you can add your the sets you own on websites like Brickset. They give an overall number for the total, but is there a function to search by brick and know how many of each type you have, based on set info?

I know this wouldn't work with added bricks from PaB or Bricklink, but it would be an easy start to know what you have or haven't.

Thank you!

Sit down and physically count them. That's the most exact way. There are methods to estimate by weight, sets you own, etc.

Here is an off-line solution, way better than rebrickable.

http://www.brickforg...are/brickstore/

For me it is big advantage that Rebrickable is online. Can access from many computers/devices. No need to copy files from laptop to PC etc.

And looks much more better than brickforge ;)

There is also basebrick.com

I use it, and its reasonably easy to use. I like how I can import my BrickLink orders.

I was using Peeron for a few years, but in the last several years it's become less useful, since it doesn't seem to get updated very often and also has a few errors.

Iam way to old to keep up with this technology, I just figured out how I can see what parts I own in rebricable, nice feature, lovely graphs.

But Brickforge has the advantage that gives you the weight of each piece, or combined weight of a number of pieces, nice feature when you build something that has to be light. Also it can check current prices against Bricklink, nice to know average price of a future shopping list without spending time on bricklink to find the parts.

I guess that both ways of keeping track of parts are good, depending on what you want.

Thanks for all the input people! I'm using Rebrickable know, because it has a nice import-from-Brickset function.

I used to use Brickstore, but since it isn't updated anymore, I now use Brickstock which is a project fork of Brickstore. It is used offline and is very handy and easy to use. You can also import Bricklink orders.

Importing from Bricklink isn't working right for me :( I haven't done it before so I don't know what I'm doing wrong :(

Download your orders in CSV format, box check √ "Include detail items".

That's what I do for uploading to Basebrick.

All those solutions are useful until you start buying from Bricklink, Pick a Brick, eBay...

I've given up on having a complete inventory a long time ago.

I have given up on knowing "exactly how many pieces" I have. I use a Basebrick to give me an idea if I have a part I may need. Most importantly in my organization I am trying to store parts in some kind of order, so when I find I need a certain part I have a good idea where to look in my collection if I have such a part. I am trying to quit buying parts I already have (done that way too many times).

Andy D

Edited by Andy D