Sign in to follow this  
Redimus

A Cat's Adventures with Lego...

So, one of my cats (Schrödinger) finally got over the noise of the railway and decided to inspect further. After merely observing for a while, then following behind, he decided it was time to try to actively effect this new and strange beast.

10433269_10153055411799371_5251428903527522808_n.jpg?oh=d5bff13fa76da14b700e758d97e2889c&oe=555A64E1&__gda__=1431533982_b280a1f7dd43914586bcd6a7a2898dea

I'm sure you can all imagine what happened next, and sure enough, one round trip after the photograph... Let's just say that red van didn't take well to it's swift trip to the floor, nor did the cat who got somewhat deluged in a shower of Lego fright wagons!

10457767_10153055447839371_5423622281742164388_n.jpg?oh=25b13e2b5641154d78da0ae51a92e1c5&oe=55221E69&__gda__=1432812556_1c109cb16ae1377e228f26cfbad56508

I recognize

we also have such a cat in the house

img_0132.jpg

img_0138.jpg

:blush:

Edited by patje

Ha, my cat walked through my train table without knocking over any trains but he knocked down the 60052 gantry crane. :angry:

XD Very cute. I bet he learned his lesson!

Nope... still swiping at each train that goes by! Although he's less keen on attacking the HE than he was.

I recognize

we also have such a cat in the house

img_0132.jpg

Haha, cat's will be cats.

the finest gravel

for construction of garden

more pictures with cat

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=176369

This pictures are from my old layout

The new layout is under construction

a part has been finished

with gravel

see picture:

grass and gravel between the track

nice effect

img_0037.jpg

Edited by patje

Nice photos :)

About cats & trains, I do not have a permanent display so my cats don't have anything to mess up, but when I tested trains they were quite intrigued.

I made some time ago that video that some may already have seen as I posted it previously;

the finest gravel

img_0037.jpg

Really? Real gravel from a garden center? Doesn't that get messy? I like the grass! Good to get inspiriation.

Did gou consider round 1x1 plates in light grey, dark grey, white and black for example? That is what I am considering...

^^ The gravel is less LEGO-y but fills in around tracks better - I like the effect that was achieved, although I'll stick to LEGO, personally, unless I can find a similar plastic gravel. 1x1 round tiles and plates can be very expensive.

It shouldn't be all that messy, especially if you rinse off the gravel first. My concern would be scratching the plastic.

I think the real issue on any layout of any real size is cost. You can argue the relative merits of Lego 1x1 round plates looking better (or not) than actual gravel until the cows come home because there is no obvious answer, but gravel is a *hell* of a lot cheaper than thousands of 1x1 round plates.

... the cat who got somewhat deluged in a shower of Lego fright wagons!

Gotta love that typo!

Cool name for the cat by the way.

Schrodinger's Cat...

hmm.....

instead of poison gases killing the cat (or whatever version of the theory you've heard), it's whether or not the cat has caused the train to die... :laugh:

Mine does not seem to be overly interested. Just sits on the track and lets the train run into him then just ignores it.

the finest gravel

You are a brave man. My cat would think the gravel is part of her litter box and do her business on it. :laugh: