Following up on the Zorex-220 PF-excavator, I found that there were some things that could be improved. Inspired by the colour-scheme of the USA-based Link-Belt Excavators, I started designing a new excavator. Allthough the principles and scale are basically the same as the Zorex, there are many differences:
* Link Belt is based on a real existing machine, Zorex is just a typical excavator* Link Belt has fully studless chassis, completely hiding the drivetrain inside the chassis, while maintaining the suspension* Improved driving and slewing thanks to a roller.* Uses L-motor for slewing* Openable cabin-door, cabin-roof, superstructure-side-doors and opening top.* More detailed interior* Greebles mimicing the insides of the machine* Improved scaling by extending boom and tracks

800x533.jpg

Link Belt & SBrick

Some weeks before Lego World 2014, I was contacted by the Sbrick-team, asking if I would like to demonstrate the Sbrick at Lego World. They sent me the Sbricks and this excavator was chosen to be the test-model for there prototype-Sbricks.
The tests at Lego World turned out succesfull, the model and the Bluetooth-controlled Sbricks performed well. Using an iPod Touch as controller, there was no interference with the many PF-controlled models there. Ans the Sbrick-system allows you to controll the speed of the motors, making the controll very precise and more realistic.
So when I started making instructions, 2 versions had to be made: 1 for the PF-version and 1 for the SBrick-version.
Find out all about Sbrick at www.sbrick.com and social.sbrick.com

800x533.jpg

Instructions

Full building-instructions are available for at http://jurgenstechni...nstructies.html

800x533.jpg

Parts lists

http://jurgenstechni...Parts Lists.zip

800x533.jpg Edited by Jurgen Krooshoop

AWESOME!!!

Can't wait to build this... Once I can conquer how BrickStock works... I will build this set.

Speaking of which, can anyone point me towards a solid tutorial of Brickstock? I'm guessing there is a way to keep track of your current parts, and then narrow down what parts you need to buy in order to complete a build... I just haven't nailed down how to do that.

Edited by SadnapS

Wow this looks good cant wait to build it !! , will you upload it to rebrickable.

I should add , this makes me glad I ordered 2 sbricks .

Edited by darksheep

As I don't have any SBricks yet, I think I will rebuild my zorex into this one as I like the studless undercarriage better.... I think this is a better pairing with D3Ks 6x6 truck and will go great with the 42043 and 42042 when released!

An exvacator of attractive appearance and good performance, wonderful job you did. :thumbup:

Hello Jurgen,

What a beautiful Excavator :wub: , and I thought the Zorex-220 was good looking. :thumbup:

I'm a huge follower of your creations and have built many of your MOCs. Can you suggest which Lego kit might supply most or all of the White parts?............ Thanks

Hello Jurgen,

What a beautiful Excavator :wub: , and I thought the Zorex-220 was good looking. :thumbup:

I'm a huge follower of your creations and have built many of your MOCs. Can you suggest which Lego kit might supply most or all of the White parts?............ Thanks

42000 and / or 42025

This model has been submitted at Rebrickable. Waiting approval.

Thanks , it is on now .

I have got the instructions and my 2 Sbricks arrived yesterday , not to just order the missing parts.

Quick question , I am using the Sbrick app on my iphone and I cant find your new sbrick profile , just the old one . Do you know why this is ?

@ darksheep: The new profile is not available yet, that's why I included the settings for the old and the new profile. It works with fine the old profile, the changes are mainly cosmetical.

I don't know why it's taking the SBrick-team so long to make the new profile public. As far as I know, the new profile is finished, just not available yet. :sceptic:

@ darksheep: The new profile is not available yet, that's why I included the settings for the old and the new profile. It works with fine the old profile, the changes are mainly cosmetical.

I don't know why it's taking the SBrick-team so long to make the new profile public. As far as I know, the new profile is finished, just not available yet. :sceptic:

Ok thanks just wanted to make sure I was not doing some thing wrong .

Hi, Jurgen!

Your website is down.

I hope you didn't quit your hobby ))

Free instructions for an Ultimate 42009 were awesome. Got myself an amazing model, thanks!

Can I still purchase instructions for link belt 250 excavator?

Hi, Jurgen!

Your website is down.

I hope you didn't quit your hobby ))

Free instructions for an Ultimate 42009 were awesome. Got myself an amazing model, thanks!

Can I still purchase instructions for link belt 250 excavator?

Hi Jurgen really liked the Linkbelt. Tried to get on your website today....had problems!

Yup, it's also 'down' for me. You get redirected to the hosting/domain company page. Maybe he forgot to pay or something like that.

I built Jurgens LinkBelt quite a while ago. Unfortunately, i could not do it in white and red due to lack of specific parts in those colours. So i made it yellow and black. I hope you like it.

800x1001.jpg800x663.jpg800x556.jpg800x788.jpg

A few more pictures are available in my BrickSafe.