I thought about doing a teaser...

Functions:

2x L motors for propulsion

1x Servo for steering axles 1 and 3

1x M motor for boom extension

1x M motor for winch

Now, the good stuff:

img_0511s.jpg

Early shot of the drive and steering, shortly after attaching the shocks. Since this shot, I have switched the shocks multiple times and have 1 hard on the front and rear, and 2 soft on the center.

img_0514s.jpg

Front lights.

img_0515s.jpg

Mess of wires already

img_0516s.jpg

The odd looking construction at the back of the canopy is temporary. For some reason this picture makes it look like the frame is flexing, but it doesn't.

img_0517s.jpg

The unfinished cabin. The steering wheel rotates faster than the wheels, so that it is more visible.

img_0518s.jpg

The underside. Not much here. The L motors are connected by 12z gear to the 20z driving the diffs, one on axle 1 and one on axle 2. The red pins at the rear pull out to access the bb.

The brickshelf folder is http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=552366.

edit: Changed front picture and updated some text.

Edited by deehtha

I like that retro-futuristic style of your truck. For me it's like a childhood memory.

Good luck with the additional functions!

After much trial and frustration, I could not fit any sort of remotely operated function selector onto the back of this without taking up all the available space. So I came up with something different.

This vehicle is used on a remote mining facility, (on another planet even). The vehicle used to be a military transport vehicle of some sort, designed for very rugged terrain. Once the loading crane broke down, the residents of the mining colony mounted the boom of the crane horizontally to the back of the truck, so they could continue using the truck to transport supplies and equipment around the mining colony.

This picture is from my last test drive. It is still fairly fast, despite all the weight. The structure on the back is gonna be moved up around 4 studs or so.

img_0561s.jpg

Here's a picture showing the last 2 m motors, the receiver's and the mess of wires.

img_0562s.jpg

Underneath the cargo bed is 2 switches, each controlling an led, as well as acting as an extension wire for a receiver.

Could a moderator please change the title to: [TC6] Rough Terrain Transport. Thanks! :]

Here is the video for my entry. Sorry for the quality, this is the first time I've made a video using my phone. Not easy to drive and record at same time.