Which then brings up the question of why even mention anything if it's not confirmed it can/will be shared?

:classic: :classic: :classic: :classic: :classic: I completely agree.

Edited by CM4Sci

Alright guys, first off I never said I'd reveal any info September 1st. Second off, the "info this weekend thing" was said through a PM between BrickJagger and I, and I said "maybe" but honestly, it was just hopeful thinking because I usually get more info from myself when new sets come out. I really wish it didn't become a big thing. :wacko:

"I don't think so, but I'll prob get pics by next week."- just2good, in a PM, 31 August 2015.

Probably. That's not "Maybe" in my book.

I understand that it was just a simple miscommunication, but he should have been more clear on what he meant. He also can't deny that he didn't have a chance to stop this before it started, as he reading this thread shortly after I made that post.

I'm not trying to attack him in any way, but he should have cleared it up earlier.

I have no idea where the "September 1st" part came from. Was that from this thread? :wacko:

I understand that nerves are frayed, but let's not bite the hand that feeds us shall we? No need to beat up a reliable source because of an unfortunate word choice.

I have no inside info, but I have a feeling we'll see pics in days rather than weeks.

Man, so much ridiculousness. Calm down people or I may need to close down the thread until we have something to talk about besides each other!

"I don't think so, but I'll prob get pics by next week."- just2good, in a PM, 31 August 2015.

Probably. That's not "Maybe" in my book.

I understand that it was just a simple miscommunication, but he should have been more clear on what he meant. He also can't deny that he didn't have a chance to stop this before it started, as he reading this thread shortly after I made that post.

I'm not trying to attack him in any way, but he should have cleared it up earlier.

You do realize that you of all people should really not be making a fuss out of this situation, right? You started this whole huge rumour mill by spreading false information and now you complain when someone else cannot deliver real information fast enough for your liking?

We should all be thankful if/when just2good delivers any news at all, not attack him. He has often shared interesting information on upcoming sets before as a service to this community. He has no obligation to do so in any way.

Pictures will come soon enough. Relax, people. :classic:

Four retailer exclusives is a lot...... :look:

Maybe, but not unprecedented for a Big Bang theme. Ninjago had four retailer exclusives in its first year (Skeleton Bowling, Nuckal's ATV, Ninjago Battle Arena, and Lightning Dragon Battle). Legends of Chima had at least three (Eagle's Castle, Razar's CHI Raider, and Equila's Ultra Striker), and Atlantis had two (Shadow Snapper and Undersea Explorer).

I just want to see pictures to see how bad this is going to be...

That's kind of how I feel. I have a strong expectation that this will not appeal to me, but I've got to wait for pictures. I'm expecting a Castle-like Sci-Fi Action Adventure Theme. I hope I'm wrong, and that the pictures will show something I fall in love with.

I suspect that there will be at least 1 set in the wave that appeals to me in one way or another, regardless of the overall appeal of the theme.

I'm just upset because I missed out on most of the last 2 castle waves and I got pretty excited when I heard of new castle for 2016. But the more I heard about this new castle line the less it sounded like "real" castle. And at this point I just want to see what it's going to look like.

I'm just wary becuase we got a good run of LOTR/Hobbit. Then pfffft. Nothing fantasy related except Elves and the dolls which I don't collect. We get a Big Bang set.. ugh. But nothing castle. *sigh* Its almost all Friends and Ninjago and Star Wars.

Edited by Logwyn

I think that "Lance's Robo Horse" will be more of a vehicle build than a mechanical beast build, by which I mean that it likely will have the minifig in some sort of cockpit in the horse's back as opposed to the figure riding the horse. Mainly due to size/scale considerations. And since this looks to be a take on a mounted knight set model, I guess it will incorporate a lance (also the fig's signature weapon if rumors are correct) into the build on a larger than minifig scale. Wonder if there is a way to "launch" the lance or lances within the current piece lineup?

Also, I think we can probably stop waiting for set info leaks. Looks like Lego has this on a pretty tight lock down and the few people who have either seen a catalog or have information sources either cannot obtain any info at this time or used their resources/time to obtain info on the lines that they were primarily interested in or collected (which looks like Star Wars and Superheros if forum activity is any indication) for which I don't blame them! No, we will probably have to wait for the inevitable leaked images before we get any more details. And that, if history is any indication, means a wait of another 2-4 weeks or so.

My idea of the Robo Horse is very close to yours, it will be a brick-built vehicle that somewhat resembles a horse. I doubt we will have normal horses with this theme.

I was able to obtain some info from Forum Member Klaus-Dieter. He has seen prelims for various 2016 themes. Unfortunately, he didn't pay Nexo Knights much attention when viewing the prelims, but when I asked if he had any info on the theme he did say the following:

"...when looking through the catalogue I saw that Nexo Knights are regular knights fighting on overdimensional robots (like Transformers)."

I also asked him if he could provide details on the box design and/or colors and he responded:

"Nexo Knights' mainly colors are blue and red. Very corny and has nothing to do with a historical castle theme but more like SciFi meets Castle."

So, thanks to Klaus-Dieter for this information!

I'm not surprised that this isn't historical. And I don't mind. We've gotten a lot of historical material in the past few years, so I think a different direction is fine.

I was watching Thor today (watching it again now with commentary) and remembered that we didn't get sets for Thor and Thor: The Dark World. Asgard has such epic grandeur with gleaming ancient style architecture. A real mash up of sci-fi and fantasy, and five warrior friends (one of whom is female) in very singular outfits. We did get Thor and Loki, but Lady Sif and the Warriors Three are quite absent.

Yeah, the world of Nexo Knights isn't going to be Asgard, but maybe the correlation may help people see that Castle can be more than medieval (historical or fantasy).

That description of the theme doesn't sound good. Red and blue are the main colors? So evil has red, good has blue. Oh no, jestro could reuse the red and black jester piece. How disappointing would that be? They're fighting Transformer looking things? It's not sounding good for this theme right now, hopefully pictures change my mind.

I really really really hope this theme looks well. :sceptic: I know I'll be buying one set at least, but idk.

That description sounds like the sort of thing I'd expect in modern anime...and I HATE anime. Hopefully individual sets will provide some value. Were the lava golem type monsters something from the Nekchir debacle? I'd like elemental lava golems, but I'd really dislike tranformer lava monsters.

They're fighting Transformer looking things? It's not sounding good for this theme right now, hopefully pictures change my mind.

Were the lava golem type monsters something from the Nekchir debacle? I'd like elemental lava golems, but I'd really dislike tranformer lava monsters.

You guys are missing a key word in that post (That I also missed the first time I read it): "when looking through the catalogue I saw that Nexo Knights are regular knights fighting on over dimensional robots"

They're riding on the robots, not fighting them. We already knew this: Lance's Robo-Horse. :wink:

First: Thank you Klaus-Dieter for the description! :laugh:

Second: :ugh:

This description really leads me to believe this will be Chima 2.0. Still holding out for pictures before fully condemning this theme though... But it's becoming harder to stay positive with each new bit of information released.

That description sounds like the sort of thing I'd expect in modern anime...and I HATE anime.

I don't get it when people say this. That's like saying: "I HATE movies." Or: "I HATE TV shows."

You're saying you hate something that presents every genre. All anime aren't Saturday morning mindlessness like Naruto.

Now, if you dislike the manga art-style, then that's another thing I guess.

Edited by Sir Walter Maugham