EB member legomilk is a reliable source. He already posted the City 2016 line-up.

Maybe he could provide us some info about the Castle 2016 theme

legomilk, I summon you! :laugh:

That's true, and I'm kind of surprised that he hasn't leaked a Castle set list for years despite leaking the 2007, 2008 and 2009 lists way back when.

But....

I PM'ed him a few months ago and he told me that there will be a new Castle line next year, so, there's that. :shrug_oh_well:

That's true, and I'm kind of surprised that he hasn't leaked a Castle set list for years despite leaking the 2007, 2008 and 2009 lists way back when.

But....

I PM'ed him a few months ago and he told me that there will be a new Castle line next year, so, there's that. :shrug_oh_well:

Did he mention the release date? :look:

^ Yeah. March and July (for the first and second waves). That could be true, but the "July" sets usually start to show up in stores around May, and I have no idea why Lego would have sets come out in March and May. :wacko:

I think that he means January and July, but I'm not sure.

^ Yeah. March and July (for the first and second waves). That could be true, but the "July" sets usually start to show up in stores around May, and I have no idea why Lego would have sets come out in March and May. :wacko:

I think that he means January and July, but I'm not sure.

The March wave would also show up in stores early, like January or February though?

Just rumors.

So just like usual :wink: I'd really love to have a Castle them in 2016 but shouldn't we already heard something if those theme is going to see light in 2016?

Thank You for the info :classic:

There had been one report that it might not be until April. Stll nothing official, but we all live in hope.

There had been one report that it might not be until April. Stll nothing official, but we all live in hope.

I honestly doubt that.

Ninjago and Chima went out in January.

The issue is that there is a report of a TV show with this line. If true, then we have to consider TV season scheduling when trying to gauge the release of sets. The projected set release date is how we can best gauge the possibility of image releases, including preliminary catelog pages.

Well pirates came out in March Itaria so you never know

Pirates were a small wave, and lasted one year.

We're talking about something that will have 20 and more sets and will last many waves.

Pirates were a small wave, and lasted one year.

We're talking about something that will have 20 and more sets and will last many waves.

How do we know that? :look:

I hope pirates isn't one wave. sure Castle 2013 only got one wave but Kingdoms got 2 waves. Pirates 2009 got one wave but had a UCS set. maybe we'll get a UCS set but that has nothing to do with this topic. Hopefully next month we'll get some more info

The issue is that there is a report of a TV show with this line. If true, then we have to consider TV season scheduling when trying to gauge the release of sets. The projected set release date is how we can best gauge the possibility of image releases, including preliminary catelog pages.

If that's true, then I guess it will premiere during summer 2016, given the rumored March/May release date

There have been rumors about a January release for quite a while, which is also when Chima and Ninjago released. I don't see spring as likely.

I hope there are no tv tie ins and no steam-punk influences. Just pure, unadulterated classic castle (fantasy is fine). All this other stuff sounds too weird.

I too hope for that! Another modern/history theme would make sense though, possibly a replacement for Chima... :cry_sad:

About steampunk, didn't just2good say next Ninjago wave will have steampunk related vehicles? They wouldn't make both lines with same theme.

A twist on castles?

I can think of 2 licenses that would be a dream & make great castles, namely GoT, and Mad Max (think post-apocalyptic forts), and that's so NEVER gonna happen..

However I can think of a great universe that has its share of castles, is both futuristic & classic, it's Adventure Time, and I can imagine that seriously happening.

Medieval space cats? Who knows. I don't understand why every toy line these days needs a TV tie-in.

Once upon a time toy manufactures could not produce animated or TV shows relating to their products. However in the 80's they relaxed the legislation and toys like GI Joe and Transformers were able to have their cartoons to compliment the toy line. Ever since then most toys manufacturers invariably have a TV show to promote their products to kids. The marketing model really does work.

I hope there are no tv tie ins and no steam-punk influences. Just pure, unadulterated classic castle (fantasy is fine). All this other stuff sounds too weird.

I'm not keen on anything steam-punk related either. I am a purist and love my knights and baddies. Normally we do hear of products for January by now. My guess then is the new line will be huge and they are keeping information tightly wrapped.

If they bring back fantasy era which I missed out because i was in my dark ages , i will probably blow all my savings on them.

I don't understand why every toy line thses days needs a TV tie-in.

As mentioned...promotion. It's extra marketing and exposure for the product. Lego wants to make as much money as possible, and a TV show helps that happen.