Beacuse there is some Lord of the Rings sutff coming soon in LEGO Dimensions

CMF=Collectable Minifigure :classic:

There's a Dimensions discussion thread already.

And there is also a LOTR thread already too.

If I'm being optimistic (and let's face it, I am), as long as there isn't a druid tank or werewolf helicopter, this could work and offer up some nice variety. For example, medieval-looking zombies would be super cool.

While I'm somewhat tired of Zombies, Medieval Zombies would still be amazing imo. Also agree with the new symbols thing, Stags, Wolves, Hawks/Eagles/Falcons, Boars, Bears I don't care just new fresh and not too kiddy looking/more realistic Medieval would be fantastic.

This theme will be Fantasy, but kind of Steampunk-ish. Fantasy Steampunk? Is that a thing? :wacko: I've now succeeded in confusing myself as well. :grin:

I've done right I'll love this, but I can imagine a lot of people here won't. Personally for me Medieval fantasy with Steampunk is pretty cool, thinking of the Original Thief games (the Mechanist Order), the original Sacred (Dwarven Airships and such) and The Elder Scrolls (Dwemer Automatons) among others had Steampunk elements. I've been meaning to do Dwarven Faction Fantasy MOC's with light Steampunk elements I just don't have the resources yet.

I could see that working; it actually sounds interesting if they don't push it too far.

My thought exactly.

Which is one of the worst oversized weapons in LEGO arsenal, absolutely hate it!

Have any of you guys put it in the hands of a Minotaur yet? I really hated those swords until I gave them to my Minotaur, it just works really well imo.

Edited by Isundir

What do you guys think, something like this as the Castle for 2016?:

lego-howls-castle.jpg

Personally would not mind at all.

Edited by Isundir

I actually had a dream last night that the Castle-theme for 2016 was based on the Heroica board games, with the characters made in minifig size and all. I'm telling the truth here, honest! It would really be dreamy, at least for me... :wub:

I actually had a dream last night that the Castle-theme for 2016 was based on the Heroica board games, with the characters made in minifig size and all. I'm telling the truth here, honest! It would really be dreamy, at least for me... :wub:

I'm not familiar with Heroica, from looking at the boxart, is it some kind of LEGO version of D&D?

Edited by Isundir

I think Castle 2016 is probably going to be similar to Heroica: there is variety of characters with different colors that aren't similar (protagonists are barbarian, knight and a wizard!), that's exactly what they want. It would be a fresh change of usual "good knights vs evil kinghts" castle themes. But if they do make it with knights I bet it would be similar to KK II.

What do you guys think, something like this as the Castle for 2016?:

lego-howls-castle.jpg

Personally would not mind at all.

Then it wouldn't be a historical theme, but more like Ninjago and Chima, I'm tired of those.

any idea when the next castle line might be announced? Is there any chance that we might see some new sets this year? or is next year a safer bet?

We don't know when we'll get an announcement.

We expect we'll see a first wave hit shelves in January.

In regard to the pic posted, I think a steampunk derigable in a fantasy/medieval setting could work, but I just don't care for that particular jumbled mess of a design. No offense to the artist, but there's got to be a better representation of such a thing that could adapt to Lego.

In regard to the pic posted, I think a steampunk derigable in a fantasy/medieval setting could work, but I just don't care for that particular jumbled mess of a design. No offense to the artist, but there's got to be a better representation of such a thing that could adapt to Lego.

Warcraft is usually my go-to (tho Warhammer would work as well) for medieval but with some steampunk-y gadgets, gizmos, and vehicles. The gnomes & goblins of Warcraft especially are good at creating clockwork & steam-powered madness, including airships!

I would really love a steampunk style golem. An airship would be nice too (hey, it's technically a ship and kids love ships?!).

I would really love a steampunk style golem. An airship would be nice too (hey, it's technically a ship and kids love ships?!).

...one of my first & favorite "steampunk" golems is Calibretto from Joe Madureira's "Battle Chasers" comic... and I know MegaBloks are, y'know, MegaBloks, but I dug the Goblin Shredder from their WoW theme (more a mech than a golem, but close... with all the pieces from several themes over the years, Lego could probably put together some amazing Castle steampunk-y golems and/or mechs)

I doubt that we'll get ships, what with Ninjago hitting the high seas next year.

I doubt that we'll get ships, what with Ninjago hitting the high seas next year.

Why settle for the seas when you could aim for the clouds?

Why settle for the seas when you could aim for the clouds?

I like your thinking very much! :innocent2:

That kind of ship would be pretty cool............ for a Action theme like Monster Fighters or Adventurers

That looks nothing like a Castle theme to me

Are you aware of this, this, and this from the Fright Knights theme? Flying machines are plausible in a fantasy theme. There are also a couple of Fantasy Era sets that could almost qualify as steampunk without the steam: this and this, both of which I purchased.

I wonder if we might see a DaVinci style helicopter.

That looks nothing like a Castle theme to me

If you consider Castle to be nothing but historically inspired content, then I'd agree. However, Castle has almost always been just as much medieval fantasy as historical...and airships have long had a pretty big presence in medieval fantasy. Lego just has yet to really catch up to that.

...one of my first & favorite "steampunk" golems is Calibretto from Joe Madureira's "Battle Chasers" comic... and I know MegaBloks are, y'know, MegaBloks, but I dug the Goblin Shredder from their WoW theme (more a mech than a golem, but close... with all the pieces from several themes over the years, Lego could probably put together some amazing Castle steampunk-y golems and/or mechs)

Consider it being worked on. I can't say it'll be amazing or even decent, I'm only a novice builder, but I've been wanting to make one for a while now. (a Golem)

Edited by Isundir

Are you aware of this, this, and this from the Fright Knights theme? Flying machines are plausible in a fantasy theme. There are also a couple of Fantasy Era sets that could almost qualify as steampunk without the steam: this and this, both of which I purchased.

I wonder if we might see a DaVinci style helicopter.

Those Fantasy era ones don't look particularly steam punk to me, but I see what you are getting at, especially as what we are being told is that it's a slight steam punk influence, rather than full on steam punk. Those Fright Knights ones, if we get some Dragon powered airships I'm all for that...any excuse for more dragons and I'm happy.

http://www.lego.com/...nch&id=52886227

Are you a visually creative Digital Art Director who can communicate funny, interesting and cool stories? Would you like to manage and execute highly conceptual and creative campaigns for a brand new play universe from the LEGO Group?

We are launching a new home grown line of toys aimed at boys.

Edited by AyliffeMakit

Here's what a lego Hal's moving castle might look like.

16618784693_f2938a337c.jpg

Edited by Dr.Cogg

So, basically, it's this:

Are you a visually creative Digital Art Director who can communicate funny, interesting and cool stories? Would you like to manage and execute highly conceptual and creative campaigns for a brand new Castle universe from the LEGO Group?

We are launching a new home grown Castle line aimed at boys.

:wink:

Edited by BrickJagger

It looks like they edited it to not give away any info, here is how it reads now:

"Are you a visually creative Digital Art Director who can communicate funny, interesting and cool stories? Would you like to manage and execute highly conceptual and creative campaigns for a brand new play universe from the LEGO Group?"

"We are launching a new home grown (Castle omitted) line of toys aimed at boys."

It looks like they edited it to not give away any info, here is how it reads now:

"Are you a visually creative Digital Art Director who can communicate funny, interesting and cool stories? Would you like to manage and execute highly conceptual and creative campaigns for a brand new play universe from the LEGO Group?"

"We are launching a new home grown (Castle omitted) line of toys aimed at boys."

:laugh_hard: Sorry about that, I added the "Castles" in there after seeing AyliffeMakit's post to convey how I though it was obvious that they are talking about Castle.