You missed the fact there is a chance it will get a Tv series - Chima writers confirmed working on new Lego show!

If it's the Hagemans, it will be semi-decent. If not, it'll be a waste of time. The Chima show was horrible and whiny. A Castle equivalent reminds me of Castle 2013 :sick:.

You know, it's funny several people in this thread have said they like the older Fantasy Era trolls more. According to this poll awhile back, the LotR orcs and trolls were favored over three to one compared to the Fantasy Era versions.

Edited by Deathleech

^ Since we're just sitting around waiting right now, how about we re-do the poll to see if the results are any different? :classic:

Also, I noticed that a lot of people in that poll liked the Lotr orcs more, but still liked the FE ones. The FE orcs fit better into the System Castle world, and if more detailed ones were made, Lego would start to make the human's faces more detailed, which, as we know with Star Wars, would be a disaster.

Edited by BrickJagger

^ Since we're just sitting around waiting right now, how about we re-do the poll to see if the results are any different? :classic:

Why re-do it? You can still vote in that old one, or change your vote if you feel the need.

Also, I noticed that a lot of people in that poll liked the Lotr orcs more, but still liked the FE ones. The FE orcs fit better into the System Castle world, and if more detailed ones were made, Lego would start to make the human's faces more detailed, which, as we know with Star Wars, would be a disaster.

Well if you are a Lego Castle/Fantasy fan, I think you would be happy with either. That doesn't mean you don't prefer one over the other though. I still like the old trolls but would rather have the LotR versions.

Also I don't think most Lego Star Wars fans would consider their flesh SW minifigures "disastrous". In fact I think they are pretty happy with them considering their great sales and after market prices for the minifigures alone. Sure some are hit and miss, but as a whole I think most are very well done.

Also I don't think most Lego Star Wars fans would consider their flesh SW minifigures "disastrous". In fact I think they are pretty happy with them considering their great sales and after market prices for the minifigures alone. Sure some are hit and miss, but as a whole I think most are very well done.

I think he was talking about the 2014 Luke Skywalker-type figs. Those were so horrible that LEGO removed the detailing for 2015.

So if the rumors turn out to be true that the next Castle theme is indeed Fantasy, what are people hoping for? Are you guys wanting a straight continuation/reboot from the last Fantasy Era stuff, or something totally different?

What I mean is do you guys want to see sand green trolls again, for instance, with the same style as from the 2007-2009 series? Maybe even called trolls again? And similar human, dwarf, and skeleton factions? Or would you rather see something totally new, such as olive green goblins with ears similar to the CMF goblin? What about something more out there like a light blue orc/goblin faction that is more steam punk (just an example)?

Personally, I want an army of Goblins/Hobgoblins, VS Elves and a unique human army (like, completely unique barding), and a few choice special figs: Beholder, Mindflayer, and Pegasus.

Edited by The Chosen Minifigure

I am not sure I want it to be Fantasy at all, seems too soon after LOTR. I would love to see a more real world castle line aimed a bit older than what we have seen before and then after that would be a good time for something new and fantasy again.

I am just going to wait and see what happens next year with my beloved castle and space and then decide if it is something that will be added to my colection.

Personally, I want an army of Goblins/Hobgoblins, VS Elves and a unique human army (like, completely unique barding), and a few choice special figs: Beholder, Mindflayer, and Pegasus.

Oh man I was replaying Fire Emblem and then I wanted a LEGO Pegasus to MOC Florina, tried making my own MOC Pegasus but couldn't do it just didn't look right.

I wouldn't mind a fantasy themed castle line. I missed out on the last one while I was in my dark age. I would like it if they brought back the impulse sets. A pegasus would be sweet and the Elves line has one I think but I really badly want a Centaur.I don't want a skeleton faction, trolls, orcs, goblins, dwarves, elves and humans would be my factions of choice and I definately want grey castles with either red or blue being the other colour as those are what I have in my small castle collection. Civilian sets are a no brainer and we definately need more.

I just want yellow elves, I've been waiting for 'em since Fantasy Era. Don't care much about anything else.

I don't care about skin color but I want more elf hair that works with quivers, the elf hair from the Middle Earth sets is one of LEGO's biggest mistakes, I mean why do the Dwarves get to have special adapted hair for quivers or armor or what not and the elves don't just wtf.

I wouldn't mind a fantasy themed castle line. I missed out on the last one while I was in my dark age. I would like it if they brought back the impulse sets. A pegasus would be sweet and the Elves line has one I think but I really badly want a Centaur.I don't want a skeleton faction, trolls, orcs, goblins, dwarves, elves and humans would be my factions of choice and I definately want grey castles with either red or blue being the other colour as those are what I have in my small castle collection. Civilian sets are a no brainer and we definately need more.

I see, they have Pegasus indeed however it doesn't appear like they have any that (preferably regular) Minifigs can ride, which means I can't make a Fire Emblem Pegasus Knight MOC :(

Fantasy sounds fine with me, but not if it means we get some Ninjago/Chima treatment. The more I think about that possibility, the more concerned I am that they'll be pushing stupid tanks and helicopters on us. That would be a nightmare.

Agree this should be one of the few lines safe from the Lego helicopter craze.

What about instead of orcs/goblins/trolls as the main bad guy faction, they had something a little more obscure like gnolls or satyrs?

Fantasy sounds fine with me, but not if it means we get some Ninjago/Chima treatment. The more I think about that possibility, the more concerned I am that they'll be pushing stupid tanks and helicopters on us. That would be a nightmare.

Return of the Jelly Bean Kinghts

If they want it to be similar to Ninjago and Chima, I think they'll go the KKII route. Instead of tanks, there will be siege engines. :sweet:

They'll be pushing stupid tanks and helicopters on small kids; who seem to like that sort of thing otherwise Lego wouldn't keep doing it.

If the castle build xFOL community were really driving the sales then it would alternate between Falcons resurrected and yellow Elves year after year; but we're not driving the sales we all covet the "can I find the battle-packs at 50% off" deals which squeezes the retail chain and lessens our influence.

If they want it to be similar to Ninjago and Chima, I think they'll go the KKII route. Instead of tanks, there will be siege engines. :sweet:

Agreed. Named characters; probably bright colours to stand out from each other and to make the boxes stand out when on the shelves. Wierd and wonderful siege engines.

What about instead of orcs/goblins/trolls as the main bad guy faction, they had something a little more obscure like gnolls or satyrs?

That'd be interesting though I doubt we'll ever see them (maybe outside of CM).

I don't mind if they do both, sets targeted at kids as well as a few MMV/MVR type of sets, if they'll only do sets targeted at kids though that might be a bit disappointing.

Edited by Isundir

You know what I'd like?

If LEGO hired a proffesional fantasy writer (established and critically aclaimed) and gave him free rein with the story. Then the designers would do their magic and we would have an awesome story and awesome sets.

Not gonna happen though...

EDIT: missed a word

Edited by LK901

^ Nope, but we do have Chima's writers, who are rumored to be working on a Castle TV show. Not sure if that's a good thing, though......

I look forward to any new Castle because now that Lego uses metallic colours for the arms more often. That is good for heavily armoured characters.

i just hope we get some new moulds. I would die for a two part Gothc Sallet:

640px-Late_15th-century_armour.jpg

I actually do not care much what style the next Castle-line will have, as long as the we get some nice new prints and moulds. However, I would prefer some less conventional theme this time. Last Castle was extremely conventional Black/Red Evil-Dragon vs Silver/Blue Good-Lion. At least some new sigils would be nice.

Edited by Flieger

If LEGO hired a proffesional fantasy writer (established and critically aclaimed) and gave him free rein with the story. Then the designers would do their magic and we would have an awesome story and awesome sets.

Not going to happen. In order to sell on a shelf and engage with kids the sets needs to stand-alone in their own right and have a pretty obvious storyline, even if it is just the cliched good-vs-bas.

Lego wants kids to be able to play with the sets instantly not read a fantasy novel first. If it can't be explained in two catroon panels (ie. the back of the box) then it's too complex.

Both Chima and Ninjago, without the cartoons, would still have a very clear good-vs-evil motif running through it which would allow you to start playing with the sets; the capture the "chi" storyline is also fairly obvious.

Licensed themes are an exception but then they're often targetted at collectors or fans of the show/movie/etc... who already know the story and there's often a multi-billion dollar cross-medium advertising campaign ensuring that everyone knows the story regardless of whether they've seen the movie or read the book. Unlicensed themes don't have that benefit.