What's the best nexo knights summer set?

I'm partial to Axl's Tower Carrier myself... such a cool vehicle, with just the right blend of Castle and Space influence.

That opinion could change as we get closer to release, though.

Edited by Lyichir

That first bootleg set is hilarious.

They just slapped a hover-horse onto the polybag bike and called it a day. :head_back:

That's just...what.

I'm always amazed by the sheer lack of basic design in bootleg models. Sure, the whole point of bootlegs is to avoid effort, but is it that hard to put a bunch of bricks into a slightly different yet still reasonable-looking combination?

I'm partial to Axl's Tower Carrier myself... such a cool vehicle, with just the right blend of Castle and Space influence.

That opinion could change as we get closer to release, though.

Got to agree with you on that one.

General Magmar's Siege Machine of Doom

Possibly the best set name of all time, and contains exclusive General Magmar and Flama, the best Lava Monster.

Bigger, taller, and more intimidating than the Evil Mobile, and the boarding ramp supposedly fits with the dimensions of The Fortrex.

They changed Flama's description to use male pronouns.

The gender reassignment is complete!

We've already got bootlegs...

Nice, I like their shields.

Preview... Guess what it is!

A very blurry photo :wink: of the very cool show golem. Looks good !! I hope it will be in the exclusive sets (a raid village pretty please !!! In Wave 1 we got the Queen, the king, Ava..., we need some civilians for wave 2 as well). By the way I am happy Lego didn't show all the sets. Still something to hope for...

I think few would answer Macy thunder mace :classic:

For design (look, playability...) it will possibly be Aaron v2 crossbow (we will need a video to be sure)

For content/value, (and by content I mean super cool figs !) I could say the Volcano or the Major General Magmar 's Evil Siege Machine of Impeding Doom

Magmar vehicle has 2 super cool exclusive minifies at a correct price point (but the vehicle design is a bit lacking for me...)

the Volcano has the exclusive black scurrier and elf guy (and the book, and Jestro, and 3 knights...)

but I am an hipster and will say Ultimate Magmar !!!!

Yet if you have 50$ to invest, I will recommend Magmar vehicle over 5 Ultimate Magmar...

But I am not sure it's better than Chaos Chariot (30$) and Moltor lava smasher (20$). Or Chaos Chariot, Ultimate Flama and Ultimate Magmar.

To compare only within wave 2, The Volcano should be the Price of Axl tower transport (70$) and Magmar vehicle (50$). If you don't have already the Evil Mobil, I will go for the base.

We've already got bootlegs...

1454431897392.jpg

No 103-7 has some potential.

Edited by ChristopheQ

They changed Flama's description to use male pronouns.

I kinda feel smug after being shouted down a while back

:)

Those are interesting. Not a bad idea to have combining mini sets.

Edited by Rayskull

Preview... Guess what it is!

Is it a set or an MOC ....If its Flama's Monster I want it!

Edited by Peppermint_M
No photo quotes!

I hope we get one before they move on to swamp creatures

I hope we do too. Out of all the vehicles,my favorites are the hover horses. They are very well designed.

Yeah I might MOC a lava horse, well see, but yeah that red Monster is it a set?...it looks too detailed to be a set but if it is YES!

Are Lego books digital and paper versions release on same dates?

Not always. But the Nexo Knights readers and chapter books from Scholastic seem like they will be, as will the U.S. edition of The Book of Monsters.

I am having more and more problems with LEGO ways of minifigure counts, a figure without "proper" legs, for me is not a whole minifig.... I find it a cheap way to increase fig count without delivering figures, or they have too limited appeal and use in my armies or whatever.

Only getting the soldier in the cheap set. Kingdoms helmet ftw.

So, the release date of book of monsters is 28 June.

NOOO! I can't wait that long. I thought it was some time around February!

In the Netherlands it's already released, so i guess it's a language/local publisher problem?

"ordered before 23.00u today, delivered tomorrow":

https://www.bol.com/...00000050381622/

They also have the English version, 3-4 workdays delivery:

https://www.bol.com/...00000047815047/

I already own (well, my son :wink: ) The Dutch version of this activity book too:

http://www.amazon.com/Activity-Book-With-Minifigure-Knights/dp/0545905842/ref=pd_bxgy_14_img_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=09D01Y53HA22K80ND25W

Edited by NotMegalodon

I think that the summer sets (best to worst) are:

1. Axl's Tower Carrier.

2. Jestro's Volcano Castle.

3. Aaron's Aero Striker 2.0

4. Glob Lobber

5. Thunder Mace

Axl set brings some very interesting things: Vehicle splitting function, the mobile tower/turret is great and the hidden catapult feature is also a neat function. The lava golem is a nice add in and looks really impressive - better than Sparkks in my opinion. And the price point, while on the higher end of the scale, is still in the realm of the reasonable.

Was going to post set opinions, but I'm way late! Will wait to see the NYTF pics.

I am having more and more problems with LEGO ways of minifigure counts, a figure without "proper" legs, for me is not a whole minifig.... I find it a cheap way to increase fig count without delivering figures, or they have too limited appeal and use in my armies or whatever.

Only getting the soldier in the cheap set. Kingdoms helmet ftw.

Robots, little monsters, giants, snake tail figures, etc... offer a diversity of very different figures, to make it more interesting.

All those figures you find "cheap" require more design work and new molds making them more expensive than a minifigure...

So calling it "cheap" is not the right word... :)

Look at a playtheme as a kid would do. Stop counting parts and looking if a figure got legs or not...Is the figure cool?

Does it open imagination? is it never seen before? This are the good questions. Kids will remember it to you...

Uniformity is the biggest ennemy of imagination.

Edited by Toth

Robots, little monsters, giants, snake tail figures, etc... offer a diversity of very different figures, to make it more interesting.

All those figures you find "cheap" require more design work and new molds making them more expensive than a minifigure...

So calling it "cheap" is not the right word... :)

Look at a playtheme as a kid would do. Stop counting parts and looking if a figure got legs or not...Is the figure cool?

Does it open imagination? is it never seen before? This are the good questions. Kids will remember it to you...

Uniformity is the biggest ennemy of imagination.

This is exactly why I want to work for Lego! Well spoken Toth. I think far too often we forget that LEGO's prime consumer is children. LEGO does make things more aimed at adults i.e. architecture, but it's not about the TFOLs and the AFOLs. That is especially true with NexoKnights.