It took me 15 minutes to type my post and that darn Hinckley posted everything. I will get you Mark! :devil:

What I want to know is what Mr. Larson thinks of these sets?

:sceptic: Meh. But I don't buy sets any more anyway so my opinion shouldn't be counted. These are aimed at a very different target market than me. I'm sure they test marketed high with the kiddies. Some cool new molds that I'm excited about: double convex cheese, for one. The characters look really fun and I hope this does better than Chima. Chima suffered from too many cooks. TLG tried to take the success of Ninjago and turn it into their own massive IP but they forgot to make a good story and write compelling character so what resulted was a vapid, boring, contrived mess of a story (Probably poisoned by directors, the PR department and other non–creatives that have no business making business decisions). It's unfortunate because anthropomorphism in LEGO is one of my favorite things, although I didn't buy any Chima sets. They invested a lot in that theme so I hope they're giving the original IP another go with this and are successful. I love when TLG is successful! Keep making my favorite thing. :wub: It looks like this theme could be a lot of fun.

Nexo Knights Month? Please? Been a while since we've had a themed month with contests and all that. :grin:

I just realized that those little lava monsters can have hair and helmets. Just remove the ears/horns.

Also here are pictures of the robo knights and chef along with the generic knights. Did we know that Lance had his own robo knight?:

From Toy Ark

DSC02224.jpg

And some posters of the knights:

DSC02243.jpg

DSC02244.jpg

Now i really want Clay's, Aaron's, and Macy's hair pieces. I think this is a possible hint at our chances of getting them. Also if you guys have seen the character videos, Axl has a new mowhawk hair piece(it really looks Mr T's hair)

Sorry for the huge pictures

Edited by amazingbricks

From a "can I integrate any of this castlish theme with my existing collection setup" perspective: (which for some reason isn't allowed any more)

Sets are worse than I thought, way too much colour. Some cool bits, but the sets are way too silly, just like Chima was. Nice new parts in mostly unusable colours or that aren't worth paying for the whole set. Ridiculous oversized weapons that are unusable.

Bad guys look great for the fantasy setting, they are straight outta Nocturnus. I would buy a battle pack of just those. But no, they'll only be available 1 per $100 set. The good guys are too sci-fi for castle use. They might work with the space marine guys. Blue castle helmets are a useless colour, just like the light blue ones from KKII were.

What's interesting is that the King, Queen, and the purple girl aren't in the catalog, I didn't see them in any prelims. They don't come in Fortrex, obviously, so what sets would they come in? Merlok and King's Mech?

The big guy in the jestro set is named Sparkz. I just noticed that robin has a chicken in his armor piece.

Okay, so

1. Jestro

2. Baddie with hood/chains: Monster Master

3. Baddie with mohawk/crossbow: ?

4. Baddie with sword/horns: ?

5. Baddie with giant fists: Moltor

6. Baddie with swords (?): Monster Masher

7. Baddie with spider legs: Lavaria

11. Lava golem varient 1

12. Lava golem varient 2

13. Lava golem varient 3

14. Bigfig lava golem with staff: Sparkz

Pretty good lineup if you ask me, especially for the first wave. Two different types of foot soldier, a giant, and an evil Jester.

Does anyone know if the mohawk guy is just a regular grunt? He appears in the three smallest sets.

Wow. The queen just looks gorgeous. :wub: thanks for the new pics!

Still loving those normal soldiers! My thoughts as to which of these sets I will/want to get are as follows:

1. Moltor's lava launcher. For moltor. Aaron is a nice figure, so that's a plus. Hopefully the thing falls in around 20$. That's not too big a dent in my funds if I still have my current financial situation remains consistent.

2. Ultimate Macy: I'm sure I'll justify this purchase some how. Maybe I'll get it on Layaway. Shh. Don't judge me.

3. The Chaos Catapault: comes with the best non-moltor lava monster. Is cheap. Comes with normal knight. Seems to have plenty pyramids. I'm a happy camper. Might get multiples if I'm feeling flush/fall in love with it. Did the same for Farran's crystal tree set from Elves. Good damn set.

4. That other small set: has the other knight. The other cool lava monster. Plain red naked torso. Probably good pieces. Cheap.

What remains to be seen is the Library. Do we know how much that's gunner cost?

All of the other sets don't interest me. I'd like to have them for the mini figures and the pieces, but I've got other things to spend money on... and I still have to budget food in to this equation. Frankly I'm glad I don't love the theme. My income isn't as disposable as I'd like it to be. Hell, I probably shouldn't be buying any of these, but I have a problem, and the only cure is more Lego.

Jester is a nice minifigure, but I can't think of a single use for him outside of this theme. He's too iconic already to just be some evil jester, and really, I don't have much use for an evil jester in the first place. He's a nice figure though.

The moving castle is big and dumb and I don't like it, let alone need it. It has some nice pieces, but it's easy for me to pass up. I don't think I'd buy it even on steep discount. Half-off, I'd reconsider.

The Pacman podracer is another easy pass considering Macy has an ultimate set. It has a lot of pyramid pieces, and the design is inventive, but it's way too goofy for me, and to be frank I don't like it.

The mecha horse is disgusting. I don't like it at all. Yuck.

Clay's sword car is bland and unattractive. I'd like it more if it was thinner, but I'm not buying any of these for the models. With Ninjago, I did, but I don't see any really enticing models here save for Jesrro's evil bad-guy not-good super antagonistic nega-mobile. And I already decided against it.

I'll see if any of the Ultimates are worth picking up when they are revealed. I like some of the minifigures, and Lavaria sounds like a good one to get. Can't have too many female minifigures. Especially unique ones.

I also want to know what set the king and queen come in. Probably prohibitively expensive, but you never know.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Hmmm, after looking at Clay's blade cruiser and the Comic Con trailer (0:40) I think the two front wheel detach into two smaller vehicles driven by the robots. This makes Clay's vehicle thinner and explains that third wheel in the front. I might actually get it after all, depends on how good that mode looks.

Edited by Dr_Chronos

What's interesting is that the King, Queen, and the purple girl aren't in the catalog, I didn't see them in any prelims. They don't come in Fortrex, obviously, so what sets would they come in? Merlok and King's Mech?

Oh yeah, what are the other sets that we haven't seen? Library, obviously, but King's Mech? Anything else? I thought the little girl was going to appear in the Library. She appears there in the TV show clips... :look:

Does anyone know if the mohawk guy is just a regular grunt? He appears in the three smallest sets.

Mohawk dude looks like just another grunt. He'll probably have a name, but he'll be the kind of guy who has a name but then identical clones of him show up in the TV show and in promotional pictures, etc... :wink:

Also, the smallest set (chaos catapult) has the helmeted lava monster. The one with the black helmet with horns and good armour design who stood next to Moltor in the villain line-up.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

What a pleasant surprise...I'm really digging this! The prelims made me think horribly of this theme, but the official reveal...just wow!

I'm in the camp that likes wacky, weird, silly creations, so this really appeals to me (it's LEGO, that's how it should be!). I'm getting a Ninjago vibe from this, but just a little bit crazier. I have high hopes for this, and I hope it doesn't come crashing down like Chima, which had soooooo much potential that was just wasted. Hope they learned from their mistakes.

I like the minifigs. Clay, Macy, King and the queen look like they would be something I will get.

And see some useful parts to get :sweet:

It looks like Lego has combined medieval setting with a bit of technology for Nexo Knights.

It reminds me a bit of Ninjago, were Ninjas were combined with modern technology.

I liked Ninjago, I didn't care much for Chima, but Nexo Knights have caught my attention.

Based on the pics so far, I hope Lego is releasing smaller sets.

With the personality based into each Nexo Knights character, this is screaming for the TV series.

New high quality images of all the minifigures, robin and the princess look great(robin does indeed have a chicken for his animal)

www.bricksandbloks.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/IMG_9044.jpg

www.bricksandbloks.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/IMG_9036.jpg

www.bricksandbloks.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/IMG_9026.jpg

www.bricksandbloks.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/IMG_9024.jpg

www.bricksandbloks.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/IMG_9027.jpg

www.bricksandbloks.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/IMG_9029.jpg

Just copy and paste this and search it

And why can't you link or post the images themselves?

Here's the bricksandbloks link: http://www.bricksandbloks.com/nycc-2015-lego-booth-photos-lego-nexo-knights-sets/

So you don't have to follow whatever weird instructions from AB.

And why can't you link or post the images themselves?

Fixed, I hope it works now. For some reason when I ever try to post from my phone, the links don't work and I don't know if these do or not

Fixed, I hope it works now. For some reason when I ever try to post from my phone, the links don't work and I don't know if these do or not

Then don't post from your phone. However you have "fixed" it just makes it weirder. They are not working. I've posted a link to the site itself, don't hurt yourself. :wink:

Wonderful books. Same old hat. Balrog substitute. Tiny pyramids.

There's not much new left to be said here, however:

The Lava-Blob-Demons look like gourds.

The orange banners on the top of fortrex have a stylized lion symbol with the numbers 375 and 6075 above it--a little homage to the Yellow Castle and...Wolfpack Tower, of all things. The same image is on some of the blue panels as well. It's kinda cool, but I don't see why the designers included those specific references :look:

Also, I am not sure about my earlier assertion that the girl was holding pages from a book--on looking closer, it does look like a gaming device. Weird. :wacko:

I am still not sure I will buy any of these--I do like them, but I don't know if I like them enough to actually spend money on them.

The orange banners on the top of fortrex have a stylized lion symbol with the numbers 375 and 6075 above it--a little homage to the Yellow Castle and...Wolfpack Tower, of all things. The same image is on some of the blue panels as well. It's kinda cool, but I don't see why the designers included those specific references :look:

I guess it's more a reference to the factions, rather than one to those sets, because from my point of view, there is zero Wolfpack Tower in Fortrex.

I guess it's more a reference to the factions, rather than one to those sets, because from my point of view, there is zero Wolfpack Tower in Fortrex.

That was what I was thinking about Wolfpack Tower; I see no resemblance at all. I also wondered if it were the factions except I don't see the yellow castle as really having factions. :sceptic:

Edited by rodiziorobs

My guesses

King's mech set: King and queen

Library: Robin, girl and maybe Merlok 2.0

Edited by Robert8

aU2rm6Vh.jpg

It looks like Merlock's library is a pretty traditional library other than Merlock being a hologram, and maybe some levitating platforms to access the higher books. I'm curious how this will look in set form. I hope it will include several of the new book pieces. Also some people saw prelims of Merlock and said he was gold, but I have to wonder if it could possibly be transparent yellow as a minifig to maintain the hologram effect.

Merlock looks like Mardolf the Orange from LU, and I love the parallels in the art style between this and LU.