Lego Twitter posted pics of good guys figures, and I am pretty sure Robin is a child with a wrench. Also King and Queen minifigs were shown as well so we are definitely getting them in August 2016 at the latest.

The villagers look like the best looking minifigures:

n313b4.jpg

At least they look somewhat medieval (well the guy still looks kinda Tron-like with that color scheme and the lines). I doubt there will be any civilian sets, though.

Edited by x105Black

Lego Twitter posted pics of good guys figures, and I am pretty sure Robin is a child with a wrench. Also King and Queen minifigs were shown as well so we are definitely getting them in August 2016 at the latest.

You mean this?

CQzXnORU8AAxRzM.jpg

Well that's good, the King has a gold crown instead of a blue one in that picture. Actually, that looks like a much better King than in the trailer. Who's the little girl?

Also, wow, that sword is hilariously oversized.

But the King's sword looks pretty cool.

Edited by x105Black

I want that girl with the brown Spooky Girl hair! Who is she? The King looks good, since he's not quite as blue.

I am guessing she is the daughter of the King and Queen and sister of Macy.

Edited by Ordinareo

My only guess on the girl, since she's near the King and Queen, is that maybe she's a younger Princess?

And is Robin a Prince?

Edited by x105Black

Whoever she is, I need that hair.

I like Robin's hair in that color, but the Queen is probably the worst one they've done. She's so bland!

the Queen is probably the worst one they've done. She's so bland!

True, she is quite bland, but it's better than covering her in Sci-fi accoutrements in my opinion.

True, she is quite bland, but it's better than covering her in Sci-fi accoutrements in my opinion.

Still, it would of been nice to see how she would look like with a Sci-fi look.

I was holding out hope that there would be something useful when actual pictures surfaced, but alas. I will leave you gentlemen to your wacky fun action theme.

I can't say exactly why, but this reminds me of Fright Knights for some reason.

Because it's gimmicky and childish?

Those are the reasons I didn't like Fright Knights very much, and since I don't like this one much I'd guess it's the same reasons. I liked the color scheme of Fright Knights, and the fact that it was a Castle theme. It was a bit too wacky, though, and I think this fits that bill.

Edited by x105Black

On other sites I've seen a lot of excitement for this theme from nostalgic adults who grew up on 80s cartoons and LEGO sets, and who see this as sort of a mash-up of old-school LEGO Space and LEGO Castle. And the two sets that we've seen so far (the $60 Jestro's Evil Mobile and the $100 Fortrex) are both aimed at ages 8–14 and use fairly advanced building techniques.

So can we please quit pretending that Nexo Knights is somehow more childish than other non-licensed Castle themes have been? The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings are literally the only "castle" themes EVER that were aimed at an older audience than this one. And a theme being wacky and imaginative only makes it "childish" if you truly believe adults have no sense of humor or imagination.

Edited by Aanchir

The animation looks very Chima-ish and as its replacement it make sense, but I just hope the story line isn't as silly as Chima. However, I love the looks of these sets!!! Wow!

So much for callin dibs on a Clay avatar. Maybe I'll make mine Aaron, he's pretty cool.

Anyway, the girl is probably the daughter and Robin is probably the son. Dunno.

The Ultimate sets appear in the teasers.

So since Nexo's been revealed, what else are they doing for the next 3 days?

Edited by CM4Sci

On other sites I've seen a lot of excitement for this theme from nostalgic adults who grew up on 80s cartoons and LEGO sets, and who see this as sort of a mash-up of old-school LEGO Space and LEGO Castle. And the two sets that we've seen so far (the $60 Jestro's Evil Mobile and the $100 Fortrex) are both aimed at ages 8–14 and use fairly advanced building techniques.

So can we please quit pretending that Nexo Knights is somehow more childish than other non-licensed Castle themes have been? The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings are literally the only "castle" themes EVER that were aimed at an older audience than this one. And a theme being wacky and imaginative only makes it "childish" if you truly believe adults have no sense of humor or imagination.

Fair enough. I grew up on 80's cartoons and LEGO sets as well. I don't think this has the appeal of either, personally. I think that the goofy cartoony wackiness of this theme is a little childish, not the age recommendations on those 2 sets. I apologize, however, for my continued cynicism and vitriol. I have been harsh on this theme and will try to temper my criticisms of Nexo Knights in the future. Perhaps moving this to it's logical location in Action / Adventure would help with the overall disdain seen in this forum.

A lot of people actually do want to see a mash-up of Castle and Space, for some reason, and I am actually glad that they are finally getting a theme that caters to those interests. I'm just sore that it seems to be coming at the expense of a Castle theme, which is what I imagine most people here in the Historic themes forum would want.

Edited by x105Black

What set do we get the villain with the golden fists in? He is honestly my favorite villain of the theme besides jestro..

My thought exactly. As a Castle and Space collector I figured there would be something for me. New Shields, new armor.... Nothing. it all looks so cheap. I'm not sure how anyone is excited about this. Just awful.

My feeling too. If only they had made those a bit more traditional I would have been in. Way too futuristic for me.

If this is truly what you think, you just don't get it and there's no use to try and convince you otherwise. Suffice it to say, I and many like me disagree with your position, and that's ok.

Because it's gimmicky and childish?

Those are the reasons I didn't like Fright Knights very much, and since I don't like this one much I'd guess it's the same reasons. I liked the color scheme of Fright Knights, and the fact that it was a Castle theme. It was a bit too wacky, though, and I think this fits that bill.

yes and yes. Totally agree that's why I dislike this theme. By far the worst "Castle" theme ever. I didn't really care for Fright Knights, but I disliked the Kingdoms theme and knights even more. Purple knight, baby blue knight? I was always very into knights as a kid, but I never wanted anything that looked silly or gimmicky. I think my 10 year old self would have hated this even more than my 43 year old self does. Knights should have grey armor and a sur coat with matching shield. done. In trying to come up with something 'new' they just served up the most unoriginal derivative rip-off of an idea I've ever seen.

The knights all look silly. it's hard to find anything that looks even remotely OK. The kings head looks good. Maybe a bricklink pickup when the prices are reasonable. A couple of the bad guys also look OK in a D&D sort of way. Maybe cool mixed in with either ultra agents or medieval fantasy.

Over all though a pretty big fail.

Sorry, couldn't disagree more with everything you wrote here. This theme is worse than childish. It's what unimaginative adults think of when they need to come up with something they think kids will buy.

This theme is worse than childish. It's what unimaginative adults think of when they need to come up with something they think kids will buy.

Specifically, young boys. That's the target audience here.

If you don't like the theme, you are free to say so. But please refrain from repeating it fifty times over. By now, this theme's audience should be clear, so I don't see why you should hang around after realizing it's not your thing.

I, for one, think this theme is very creative and fresh. Silly is not bad, and I think this theme excels at the "cool factor" it's going for. It's not supposed to make sense, it's supposed to entertain.