nexo1_zps5nvinmbb.jpg

After collecting the Ultimate sets here and there I got bored and ordered everything from the first year one day (when my wife convinced me I wouldn't be able to wait until 2x VIP points for a long list of other stuff).  It has been fun putting these together the past couple weeks.  Now to make some additional MOCs and decide if I'm putting stickers on anything or if I'll part it all out for MOCs.

Edited by Willworkfortoys

Wow, that looks awesome! It is pretty much what i will be going for when 'my room' is finished. Great setup! Love how you've got multiple of the 10 $/€ sets like pawn on a chessboard. 

Happened to find summer ultimate sets at Canadian tire for 9.99. So I grabbed Axl as the Walmart I went to didn't have the new sets. One thing I never new with Axl the holes to connect his arms are the same size as normal Technic pins. I'm surprised I haven't seen anybody make use of that for a moc.

I might as well get Ultimate Lance, Clay and Aaron since I already have Macy and I'm actually digging the colors of the Ultimate Knights.

On 1/18/2017 at 1:30 PM, NotMegalodon said:

Love how you've got multiple of the 10 $/€ sets like pawn on a chessboard. 

Well that's what makes that price point so great, it's "pocket money"  and thus easily accessible to collectors and children alike!

More than $5 USD greater, and it starts feeling like a serious purchase, so I'm glad that Lego and even Mega are releasing sets at this level.

Going to probably army build 2017 Nexo Battle Suits to battle my UNSC Cyclops Corps.

Heads up. I went to my local Walmart to find the other 3 ultimates. I only was able to find Lance but some good news. They were selling the expensive sets pretty much half off. So Fortrex, Jestro's Headquarters etc. Were all half price for clearance. I don't know if its the same for other Walmarts but might want to check if you want one of them. I didn't as I don't have the space.

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 6:54 PM, Takanuinuva said:

Heads up. I went to my local Walmart to find the other 3 ultimates. I only was able to find Lance but some good news. They were selling the expensive sets pretty much half off. So Fortrex, Jestro's Headquarters etc. Were all half price for clearance. I don't know if its the same for other Walmarts but might want to check if you want one of them. I didn't as I don't have the space.

I never seem to find anything good at my local Walmart's and am always jealous of those finding such great deals on sets through them. I was hoping to pick up Jestro's Volcanic Lair through Target but they seem to be spotty on availability for this item. I have never seen it in stores and it never seems to be available online even though they have a great price on it.

Just now, OC_Architect said:

I was hoping to pick up Jestro's Volcanic Lair through Target but they seem to be spotty on availability for this item. I have never seen it in stores and it never seems to be available online even though they have a great price on it.

My own has some King's Mechs at $21 USD, but I'm not even sure I want that one...

Just now, Whiteagle said:

My own has some King's Mechs at $21 USD, but I'm not even sure I want that one...

King's Mech is a nice set I think but I know what you mean. Axl's Tower Carrier they have a decent price as well but I am not really in to the set and am hoping it comes on sale even better than it is now.

Just now, OC_Architect said:

King's Mech is a nice set I think but I know what you mean. Axl's Tower Carrier they have a decent price as well but I am not really in to the set and am hoping it comes on sale even better than it is now.

Well I'd rather have the Black Knight Mech if I was getting one, but I think that was an Exclusive or something...

They also have the Ninjago Salvage M.E.C for $31 USD, and while it's a bit too much for what I can spend, I'd rather have that.

35 minutes ago, Whiteagle said:

Well I'd rather have the Black Knight Mech if I was getting one, but I think that was an Exclusive or something...

They also have the Ninjago Salvage M.E.C for $31 USD, and while it's a bit too much for what I can spend, I'd rather have that.

The Black Knight Mech is a TRU exclusive, last time I was there it was on sale for $30. The King's Mech looks better but it's pretty flimsy. 

4 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

The Black Knight Mech is a TRU exclusive, last time I was there it was on sale for $30. The King's Mech looks better but it's pretty flimsy. 

You sure about that, Their site still says it's $43 USD...

Plus the Black Knight has nearly 100 pieces more and comes with Whiparella.

1 hour ago, Whiteagle said:

You sure about that, Their site still says it's $43 USD...

Plus the Black Knight has nearly 100 pieces more and comes with Whiparella.

I was last there about two weeks ago, but the Black Knight's Mech has been on sale the last three times I've been there. I've noticed that TRU sales do vary from store to store for some reason.

Edited by BrickJagger
typo

12 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

I was last there about two weeks ago, but the Black Knight's Mech has been on sale the last three times I've been there. I've noticed that TRU sales do vary from store to store for some reason.

Yeah, still worth looking up on though.

2 hours ago, Whiteagle said:

Yeah, still worth looking up on though.

I'd actually recommend the King's Mech over the Black Knight Mech - Whiparella aside, the King's Mech is one of the few brick-built mechs with knee articulation, much like the much-lauded Exo Suit. 

4 hours ago, legozebra said:

I'd actually recommend the King's Mech over the Black Knight Mech - Whiparella aside, the King's Mech is one of the few brick-built mechs with knee articulation, much like the much-lauded Exo Suit. 

Yeah, but looking at the instructions, that's an easy enough fix with some Ball Joint bricks, the SHOULDER articulation is actually a bigger issue (SERIOUSLY LEGO, FEMALE ONTO MALE, IT'S JUST PLAIN BETTER).
Plus there's the Shields, I much prefer the Black Knights Shield to the Squire Bot jet-shield.

Edited by Whiteagle

The Ultimate sets are finally down to a price I consider reasonable, so I decided to pick up Ultimate Flama for $4.98. 

In my opinion the Ultimate sets would have sold much better if they were five bucks to begin with. Buying the entire range would give you ten figures and an assortment of largely useless weapons for over $100, and that's clearly not worth it compared to the Mech Suits.

On 17-2-2017 at 11:35 PM, BrickJagger said:

The Ultimate sets are finally down to a price I consider reasonable, so I decided to pick up Ultimate Flama for $4.98. 

In my opinion the Ultimate sets would have sold much better if they were five bucks to begin with. Buying the entire range would give you ten figures and an assortment of largely useless weapons for over $100, and that's clearly not worth it compared to the Mech Suits.

I've got all of them, paid just under 70, which i think is a fair price; besides the 10 cool minifigures (exclusive to the sets), a bunch of largely useless weapons cool pieces and offcourse 30 nexo shields. In a way i paid for a "free" app. But instead of ingame purchases giving only ingame stuff, i've got real lego's. Or at least that's how i like to look at it.

However, i do agree the Battlesuits are a lot better value, especially comparing MSRP. In turn, they make the nexo powers blind bags way overpriced.

Edited by NotMegalodon