To bad. I really love minifigures much more than polybag builds, and the last one was pretty cool.  I really love kid Glay. We got two different types of swords, a knight helmet, a blank shield, and a nexo knight shield with a power. And a hair piece for knights without helmet. Plenty of nice accessories for a polybag. :)

Put together the Chaos Chariot last night and I really like it. Fun little model and with Macy in the set the two go together really well and I have to say I really like the Beast Master minifigure much more than I thought I would. I know between this and the Ultimate version a lot of people were not too excited about it but I actually like the Ultimate version along with the his vehicle.

The problem with "Beast Master" is their is no difference between the two versions. The ultimate version just have extra "weapons" and probably cost a little more. 

And for the record I do have the "Chaos Chariot". I think that is better value for "Beast Master" (it helped that I got it on sale). And I had no real desire to get the ultimate version of him. The only thing I did wanted was the "ball goblins" and that came with both versions of him. (I do think I might liked the "hand drill" that the ultimate version had, but I an not getting the set for just that. Besides I get the feeling I could get it some where else.) 

1 hour ago, samuraiturtle said:

The problem with "Beast Master" is their is no difference between the two versions. The ultimate version just have extra "weapons" and probably cost a little more. 

And for the record I do have the "Chaos Chariot". I think that is better value for "Beast Master" (it helped that I got it on sale). And I had no real desire to get the ultimate version of him. The only thing I did wanted was the "ball goblins" and that came with both versions of him. (I do think I might liked the "hand drill" that the ultimate version had, but I an not getting the set for just that. Besides I get the feeling I could get it some where else.) 

Actually, Ultimate Beast Master also has a different leg print than standard Beast Master (with globlin-shaped kneepads and silver claws).

I got the Chaos Chariot for the chariot itself (which is hilarious and lots of fun), Beast Master, and Macy's hover-horse. I'm not decided yet on whether to get Ultimate Beast Master, though. My brother and I have gotten all the Ultimate knights, but so far none of the Ultimate villains/monsters.

I've bought all the Ultimates, but of the villains, only unpacked the Beast Master. Lavaria, General Magmar and Flama are still packed, saving those for the holidays. But at discounted prices, i couldn't resist. Pretty sure i'll love them all.

5 hours ago, samuraiturtle said:

4 hours ago, Aanchir said:

Actually, Ultimate Beast Master also has a different leg print than standard Beast Master (with globlin-shaped kneepads and silver claws).

I got the Chaos Chariot for the chariot itself (which is hilarious and lots of fun), Beast Master, and Macy's hover-horse. I'm not decided yet on whether to get Ultimate Beast Master, though. My brother and I have gotten all the Ultimate knights, but so far none of the Ultimate villains/monsters.

Eh, even WITH an alternate print, Ultimate Beast Master was one of the lamer ones; His Spinning Gimmick wasn't all that good to begin with, and his alternate powers neither make use of it or come with more useful accessories.

28 minutes ago, NotMegalodon said:

I've bought all the Ultimates, but of the villains, only unpacked the Beast Master. Lavaria, General Magmar and Flama are still packed, saving those for the holidays. But at discounted prices, i couldn't resist. Pretty sure i'll love them all.

Oh man, Lavaria is probably the best of the first wave, if only for her drider leg build!

I agree that it is unfortunate that there is really no big difference between the Ultimate Beast Master and regular version but I still like the Ultimate version and actually like his little swinging action. I don't know what it is about it but it just seems to be fun. That and is it really that much difference from Axl's Nexo power?

So Toys"R"Us has a weird new version of Axl's Tower Transport listed. It's called the Fan Pack version:

7oaH14a.png

The only difference I can spot on the box is the set number and this little thing, which I can't read the white lettering to the left...

2elI2J9.png

I think it says "See Back Of Box," which isn't helpful. The website doesn't list what's different either.

Wonder what's in there, a sticker sheet? :drunk:

Edited by BrickJagger
Edited just now by BrickJagger

17 hours ago, just2good said:

So Toys"R"Us has a weird new version of Axl's Tower Transport listed. It's called the Fan Pack version:

The only difference I can spot on the box is the set number and this little thing, which I can't read the white lettering to the left...

I think it says "See Back Of Box," which isn't helpful. The website doesn't list what's different either.

/

the bricks count is the same as the normal / regular set

wonder what's the difference

Edited by Peppermint_M
No need to quote images on the same page.

I think those are intended for box collectors... granted that there are not special thing in it except the packaging? What makes it extra awesome "inside" then?

8 hours ago, makoy said:

I think those are intended for box collectors... granted that there are not special thing in it except the packaging? What makes it extra awesome "inside" then?

It could be something non-brick-based, like a poster.

On another note, I'm not sure if this is the same for all stores, but my local Lego store has almost all of the summer Nexø Knights sets on sale; Axl's Tower Carrier was $55, Macy's vehicle was $12, etc. Sadly, Jestro's fortress wasn't on sale, unlike pretty much all of the others. Just a heads up if you've held off on the sets for now in lieu of other offerings and were waiting for a sale like me...

1 hour ago, legozebra said:

On another note, I'm not sure if this is the same for all stores, but my local Lego store has almost all of the summer Nexø Knights sets on sale; Axl's Tower Carrier was $55, Macy's vehicle was $12, etc. Sadly, Jestro's fortress wasn't on sale, unlike pretty much all of the others. Just a heads up if you've held off on the sets for now in lieu of other offerings and were waiting for a sale like me...

I waited and waited for the Fortrex to go on sale at my local Lego Store (got everything else there on sale) and it never did so ended up getting it at Target. Because of that I wasn't holding out much hope that Jestro's Lair would go on sale but have built up quite a bit of rewards points and plan on picking that up.

On another note, it looks like here in the US Toys 'r Us will be having the Nexo Knights free build on the 12th of November. This is the same one as from Canada. Not sure what to make of the Nexo Mixel figure but I am sure I will be there.

3 hours ago, OC_Architect said:

Because of that I wasn't holding out much hope that Jestro's Lair would go on sale but have built up quite a bit of rewards points and plan on picking that up.

Jestro's Volcano Lair has been on sale many places and is currently $94 on US Amazon. 

4 hours ago, Vorkosigan said:

Jestro's Volcano Lair has been on sale many places and is currently $94 on US Amazon. 

No, I know I can get it cheaper at other stores I was just hoping to get it at the Lego Store so I could get the points even if on sale. Debated about getting it for the double VIP promotion but walked in and they had the Disney Castle so picked it up for my wife then saw a great deal in the Temple of Airjitzu so picked that up as well. At the end of the day Jestros Lair just had to wait. 

I just wish they put out the big sets on sale. 

9 hours ago, OC_Architect said:

No, I know I can get it cheaper at other stores I was just hoping to get it at the Lego Store so I could get the points even if on sale. Debated about getting it for the double VIP promotion but walked in and they had the Disney Castle so picked it up for my wife then saw a great deal in the Temple of Airjitzu so picked that up as well. At the end of the day Jestros Lair just had to wait. 

I just wish they put out the big sets on sale. 

Lego stores generally do promotions like double points and free gifts-with-purchase instead of actual discounts, especially on current products. Lego doesn't want to risk offending their retail partners Target by undercutting their prices at their own retail stores, so the only sets that ever tend to be "marked down" are those that are on clearance to make room for new products, or the occasional damaged box items. If you want better discounts it's better to keep your eye on other retailers and their sales (though personally I do somewhat prefer things like double points at Lego stores simply because of their predictability compared to the irregular sales at other stores or online marketplaces).

Finally found Jestro's Volcano Lair  at the right price! Can't wait to get it. Amazon.co.uk has a 38% discount atm.

I'm pretty sure some time in the future it'll even drop further, maybe 45%, but there's also this thing called patience, and i'm all out it. :grin:

Edited by NotMegalodon

The Toys R Us exclusive "Awesome" sets include a poster, a voucher for something (the box doesn't say) and stickers.

1 hour ago, Penkid11 said:

The Toys R Us exclusive "Awesome" sets include a poster, a voucher for something (the box doesn't say) and stickers.

The voucher is probably for Legoland