Some people will walk in and pay full price because its there in front of them. The internet is more competitive. Its good at least that you can do price matching or site to store. I want to pick up some more of the summer sets but I'm hoping for even better deals, like on UK amazon. 

3 hours ago, OC_Architect said:

For those in the States Target has some really great prices as well. In stores everything is regular price but online many of the sets are marked down 20% and they are listed as 'regular' prices. First wave some of the sets are marked down even more than that. If you go in the store they will price match their online prices so you don't have to wait for shipping.

Also last week Target had 20% off the 20% off price. The $20 sets became $12.xx.

2 minutes ago, Whatajoke said:

Anyone know if the Moltor in the Battle of the books is the same as the one from the set?

Yup. Same exact figure. :classic:

11 hours ago, BrickHat said:

I don't understand why Target can't have consistent pricing online vs. in store all the time.

10 hours ago, Vorkosigan said:

Some people will walk in and pay full price because its there in front of them. The internet is more competitive. Its good at least that you can do price matching or site to store. I want to pick up some more of the summer sets but I'm hoping for even better deals, like on UK amazon. 

Toys'r'Us can be even worse, with their website not even syncing up with their stores' inventories.

2 hours ago, Whiteagle said:

Toys'r'Us can be even worse, with their website not even syncing up with their stores' inventories.

Yeah... They are really bad. One time I called a TRU and they said they had a set in stock. When I got there, it wasn't anywhere to be seen. I asked, and they looked it up, turns out it was "on the floor", but that they should be out already. So the guy went to the back, and then decided that no, he wasn't going to put them out...

Looks like no Nexo free build in October for the US. Don't know what that build is for Canada though. It's supposed to be Nexo but bleah!!!

that is what is good about Target. They have stuff marked down from their original price and then you get to take another discount on that when they are having a sale. I figure that is why they never have Jestros Lair on the shelves as their list price is 20% off retail. 

Vqesfan.jpg

New Nexo build, unfortunately it's only at TRU. The age limit is also a problem, does anyone know if they actually enforce that?

Last Bricktober they gave some mini modular builds, and I wasn't aware there was an age limit for the bricktober promo stuff, as adults are the one making the purchase.

I think they are reffering to the in store events like mini fig swaps, I doubt they want resellers ripping off kids with rubish mini figs.

1 hour ago, BrickJagger said:

New Nexo build, unfortunately it's only at TRU. The age limit is also a problem, does anyone know if they actually enforce that?

Is that Canada or US? When I checked the US TRU they had different weekly builds then Canada - no Nexo's. Or maybe I looked in the wrong place or was looking at the wrong thing.

As far as enforcement goes I think it varies by store. I remember when we had a TRU near us they were very strict on the age limit. My son is a pretty big boy so we would tell them he was 6 (same for the Lego store minibuilds). Since they have closed down we have went to other area TRU and they pretty much let everyone in. I know just2good has mentioned that if you go in the stores after the event and just ask they will sometimes give you the packet of parts if they still have them around. I suppose depending upon crowd you could probably ask close to the end time.

As I mentioned in the Ninjago 2016 thread, these Bricktober events are exclusive to Canada.

n6qDViQh.jpg

I used BAP to get the parts to make a Burnzie without buying the tower carrier, and added some upgrades. I think the blackened lava bits look more like armor than the pure orange, and I replaced the pointless disc launcher with a hand and shield. 

Looks sharp! 

Although i have the tower carrier, I'll be sure to check out these parts for my next BAP order.

Hmm, a lot cheaper on Bricklink!!

Edited by NotMegalodon
bricklink

Thanks for the compliments! The lava is indeed much cheaper on bricklink but I already had those and instead had to buy the head, torso, gray bananas etc. The head is not even listed on bricklink as far as I can see (and there is no inventory for the tower carrier). 

Really like that supped up shield that Burnzie is holding. Really makes it seem like he means business.

On another note has anyone been seeing the Jestro's Volcano Lair out there? Seems like wherever I go it is not stocked on the shelves. Even went to the Lego Store last night for the monthly build and they didn't have any on the shelves, although they had one behind the counter.

Next issue will feature a mini mech thing. In my opinion, that thing looks horribly incomplete, even for a polybag. 

I dunno, it seems pretty competent for what it is. The arms are pretty inspired, simple but with some shape to them. And hey, Mixel joints make everything better.

12 hours ago, Exetrius said:
12 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Next issue will feature a mini mech thing. In my opinion, that thing looks horribly incomplete, even for a polybag. 

This month's free build looks pretty cool and something that might live in the Nexo world but next months looks pretty bad I think as well. Same goes for the free build at Canada TRU but hey, free parts!!!

Edited by OC_Architect