Nexo sets are currently up to 40% off on Amazon right now if anyone is interested.

I'm not seeing any sale price on the King's Mech. Maybe you've got a link?

Amazon.de had the Kings Mech 35% off some time ago. Not sure if amazon.com will do the same, but sometimes these exclusives get discounted too.

Store exclusives like the kings mech and infernox are not heavily discounted because they're sold through resellers.

That makes sense. Thanks, I had forgotten this was an exclusive.

I did a review of the latest issue, the minifigure and robot is surprisingly good.

Nice review! I love the robot dummy and kid clay is a nice variant. Definitely one of the better ones.

Finally!!!! He arrived in the mail today along with the Book of Knights. Book is meh, but the figure is great!

P9202160 by Macster Tome, on Flickr

I was actually mildly impressed with the book, considering it had neat details like the fact that Lance names all of his weapons after his nannies (or, for that matter, that his horse has a name). I mean, ideally, that kind of content would've been great for the website (like the old Ninjago and Chima sites that had galleries of all the weapons in the theme with names and descriptions), but it's not there, so I was happy to at least get that kind of info somewhere.

The fig is definitely great, though. I like that Merlok is ALMOST a traditional-looking Castle wizard, but has one subtle difference—he's hiding a monogrammed flash drive under his beard! Far from a deal-breaker for anyone intending to use him as a traditional long-bearded wizard in Castle MOCs, but also a neat touch for Nexo Knights fans.

I was actually mildly impressed with the book, considering it had neat details like the fact that Lance names all of his weapons after his nannies (or, for that matter, that his horse has a name). I mean, ideally, that kind of content would've been great for the website (like the old Ninjago and Chima sites that had galleries of all the weapons in the theme with names and descriptions), but it's not there, so I was happy to at least get that kind of info somewhere.

The fig is definitely great, though. I like that Merlok is ALMOST a traditional-looking Castle wizard, but has one subtle difference—he's hiding a monogrammed flash drive under his beard! Far from a deal-breaker for anyone intending to use him as a traditional long-bearded wizard in Castle MOCs, but also a neat touch for Nexo Knights fans.

Actually one of my biggest laments on the figure is the fact that his beard covers that torso piece. Though I suppose it will also help the figure age better since who knows what will replace those drives in the future. Having it hidden means he can go into most any setting seamlessly in the future.

You are also right about the details included in the book. It does add personality to the world beyond what is displayed in the series (which sadly paints the knights as petty in some regards). But they are so short and the content of the book so brief that it felt like meh. I would've loved a canon story being played out in comic form or prose, specially more on Merlok's past. If that had been included the book would have been so much better.

For those interested here is a close up of his face and torso:

29807475845_62e5d134ec.jpgP9202158 by Macster Tome, on Flickr

Actually one of my biggest laments on the figure is the fact that his beard covers that torso piece. Though I suppose it will also help the figure age better since who knows what will replace those drives in the future. Having it hidden means he can go into most any setting seamlessly in the future.

You are also right about the details included in the book. It does add personality to the world beyond what is displayed in the series (which sadly paints the knights as petty in some regards). But they are so short and the content of the book so brief that it felt like meh. I would've loved a canon story being played out in comic form or prose, specially more on Merlok's past. If that had been included the book would have been so much better.

For those interested here is a close up of his face and torso:

P9202158 by Macster Tome, on Flickr

I was a little disappointed in the book as well but in looking through some of the other DK books on Lego series it seemed on par for the course. This is the first book I have purchased so I can't say with certainty that others don't offer up more information beyond being a catalogue of sorts. Beyond the figure the best thing I can say for the book is I liked the minifigure lineup at the end of the book. Nice to see the lineup of all the figures to date, although it would have been nice to capture the orange globins of the Beast Master as well just to make it a bit more complete. Fun little tidbits in the book like Lance naming his lances but not much other info.

I like having the figure of Merlock 1.0 as well even though he really doesn't fit in anywhere in the Nexo Universe I suppose there could be retro scenes of him fighting some of the lava monsters from when he banished them all and if it is true we are getting Monstrux in the coming wave there is always possibilities for fight scenes between the two of them there but sadly Merlock will be missing his magic staff.

My main disappointment with the book is that since it covers only one year of sets and characters, it doesn't have a whole lot to cover. The first DK Ninjago and Chima guidebooks were the character encyclopedias, which came out in those themes' second years, giving them plenty of material to cover. The Book of Knights, by comparison, has far less substance. That much is apparent just by comparing the number of pages: 176 pages for each of those two themes' character encyclopedias, versus just 80 in The Book of Knights. Mind you, Nexo Knights does have far more characters in its first year than either Chima or Ninjago had in theirs. Still, I can't help but feel like a book like this would've had more to offer it it had came out later.

One thing I think is clever about this book is the "cutout" pages letting Merlok be visible no matter what page the book is turned to, and the word bubbles on the various pages so he can comment on their contents! It adds an almost interactive feeling to the book and is quite ingenious. However, even though Merlok sticks forward through this cutout, more than half of the book's thickness is a cardboard case similar to those that contain the minifigures in other DK LEGO guide books. This feels wasteful, to me, and just makes it that much more obvious how little this book offers in actual pages. Generally I feel the Character Encyclopedias tend to offer a much better value, and hopefully we might get one of those next year or the year after.

If I were to recommend a guidebook for Nexo Knights fans, I'd sooner recommend The Book of Monsters, which offers 96 pages of brilliant writing and illustrations, or The Knight's Code: A Training Guide, which promises 176 pages of a similarly deluxe experience.

That's a good looking Merlok figure. And while it's obvious that it's a flash drive around his neck, it would still be passable as a golden amulet of some sort.

That's a good looking Merlok figure. And while it's obvious that it's a flash drive around his neck, it would still be passable as a golden amulet of some sort.

So long as you keep the beard on you won't be able to see it at all, so there's that.

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 0:25 AM, Lordofdragonss said:

For me this fig is disapoinment - Once again we get exclusive fig that looks bad compared to show. They could at least throw a cape or that magic stick.

Cape or magic stick? The figure does come with the cape but sadly no magic stick - would have liked to have had that included as well.

On September 21, 2016 at 3:25 AM, Lordofdragonss said:

For me this fig is disapoinment - Once again we get exclusive fig that looks bad compared to show. They could at least throw a cape or that magic stick.

Agreed, I feel like my S12 Wizard makes getting Merlok 1.0 unnecessary. 

I agree, I was really disappointed with this new wizard. Usually Lego steps it up with wizards, but not this time. Come to think of it, though, I think after the S12 Wizard there was little room for improvement. Doesn't mean we had to go back that much, though...

Edited by BrickHat

10 hours ago, NotMegalodon said:

Guys, currently some huge discounts on Nexo Knights on Amazon.co.uk! 

Whoa, those are really good deals. Thanks for the heads-up!

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 0:24 AM, NotMegalodon said:

Guys, currently some huge discounts on Nexo Knights on Amazon.co.uk! 

For those in the States Target has some really great prices as well. In stores everything is regular price but online many of the sets are marked down 20% and they are listed as 'regular' prices. First wave some of the sets are marked down even more than that. If you go in the store they will price match their online prices so you don't have to wait for shipping.