The next Nexo Magazine will comes with a chyrocopter.

A flying brown vehicule with bat's wings and a big front gun.

And a booster of ninjago's trading card game.

The next Nexo Magazine will comes with a chyrocopter.

A flying brown vehicule with bat's wings and a big front gun.

And a booster of ninjago's trading card game.

I got excited to do an infantry / combat medic moc using what I have scrapped from Nexo Knights... and then I realised I misread it as chiropractor.

Edited by makoy

Having worked with some PR people before I can understand where you're coming from.

If I interpret it myself it would read like this: "City, Ninjago and Star Wars are our biggest sellers so far, but our new theme Nexo Knights also performed well. Of course we won't tell you how good or bad it performs overall but we want to paint a picture that it is doing well so that people will keep on buying and that the next wave won't flop."

Why would what they put in the interim results affect whether it flops? The vast majority of their buyers (especially kids) don't read the interim results. Us AFOLs are outliers, and definitely nowhere near a big enough audience to support a theme this big if kids aren't into it.

NotMegalodon> In a couple of hours :)

makoy> For sur, a chiropractor will be more fun. But does an invocation need medic?

Why would what they put in the interim results affect whether it flops? The vast majority of their buyers (especially kids) don't read the interim results. Us AFOLs are outliers, and definitely nowhere near a big enough audience to support a theme this big if kids aren't into it.

I agree with you but what I am alluding is that they do not pay for a press release to highlight what's not good. To reinforce my point, while kids won't read interim results, the vast majority of buyers are parents who are likely hanging around in social media and any website for that matter. Information gets circulated around much quicker and instantly when they read that Nexo Knights theme is doing good subliminally it will remind those parents to check it out if they haven't bought one yet. Otherwise if news and blogs keep on saying that Nexo Knights aren't selling well -- then it might just be another Chima. I think that's the reason why Chima didn't take off as well. A lot of negative press around that theme and didn't inspire or amaze both kids and AFOLs alike.

So what better ways to sell more Nexo Knights than to paint that good picture, eh? I'm trying to be as objective as possible but man... I am getting tired that Nexo Knights are getting so much love here in my region that the last 6 months there are so many promotions around that theme that it got stale so fast in my opinion. I haven't bought any of the big sets of Nexo Knights and I am thinking if I should cross that off my list entirely.

I agree with you but what I am alluding is that they do not pay for a press release to highlight what's not good. To reinforce my point, while kids won't read interim results, the vast majority of buyers are parents who are likely hanging around in social media and any website for that matter. Information gets circulated around much quicker and instantly when they read that Nexo Knights theme is doing good subliminally it will remind those parents to check it out if they haven't bought one yet. Otherwise if news and blogs keep on saying that Nexo Knights aren't selling well -- then it might just be another Chima. I think that's the reason why Chima didn't take off as well. A lot of negative press around that theme and didn't inspire or amaze both kids and AFOLs alike.

The issue with that thinking is that regardless of what you read in the AFOL community, Legends of Chima WAS successful on the whole. It seemingly didn't end up having an even stronger launch than Ninjago like the LEGO Group had hoped, but it did end up lasting a solid three years, longer even than the two to two-and-a-half years Ninjago was originally intended to get. There was never any indication that Chima was ever expected or intended to last more than three years. And while certain Chima product lines like the Speedorz and buildable figures ended up being cancelled before it reached the end of its run, that's not to say that the theme as a whole was a failure or a disappointment.

So why has the AFOL community continued to believe that Chima was a flop? Maybe because they wanted it to be one. Maybe because AFOLs and KFOLs alike can't help comparing it to Ninjago, even though Ninjago's longevity caught just about everybody by surprise, was not part of its original brand strategy, and might have done more to disrupt Chima than anything AFOLs ever said about it. Or maybe because the English-speaking AFOL community tends to be skewed towards Europe and North America, while the 2013 interim results mentioned that Chima "has performed particularly well in Asia, where it has been a strong contributor to the high growth." Whatever the case, in the 2013 annual report they mention that globally, LEGO Friends and LEGO Legends of Chima were the company's biggest sales growth drivers for the year as a whole.

Overall, the possibility that Nexo Knights "might just be another Chima" isn't a remotely negative outcome for the theme. For all we know, it might be more or less the scenario the LEGO Group is hoping for.

Edited by Aanchir

So why has the AFOL community continued to believe that Chima was a flop? Maybe because they wanted it to be one. Maybe because AFOLs and KFOLs alike can't help comparing it to Ninjago, even though Ninjago's longevity caught just about everybody by surprise, was not part of its original brand strategy, and might have done more to disrupt Chima than anything AFOLs ever said about it. Or maybe because the English-speaking AFOL community tends to be skewed towards Europe and North America, while the 2013 interim results mentioned that Chima "has performed particularly well in Asia, where it has been a strong contributor to the high growth." Whatever the case, in the 2013 annual report they mention that globally, LEGO Friends and LEGO Legends of Chima were the company's biggest sales growth drivers for the year as a whole.

I don't know which part of Asia TLG is talking about because between 2013 to 2014 all I see for clearance are Chima. I guess it is perception that I get and collectively from my peers in LUGs that once a theme goes for clearance for 50% - 70% off and yet it stays on the shelves for more than a year then it means it didn't capture the expected market and therefore perceived as a failure. Btw, I am based in Asia so either TLG sold a lot of those Chima sets to warehouses or distributors but the store stocks are not able to move them. Reporting wise TLG can say we sold a gazillion units but it didn't mean the stores actually profited from that if they can't sell them.

Anyway, I'm not wishing for Nexo Knights to fail.... I just thought that TLG is trying too hard to make a new Ninjago breakthrough and the sales growth may not be organic.... it could be just because it's a new theme and people are excited about it. Whether it is sustainable or not, we can revisit the discussion in 2017. Cheers! :)

2013 interim results mentioned that Chima "has performed particularly well in Asia, where it has been a strong contributor to the high growth." Whatever the case, in the 2013 annual report they mention that globally, LEGO Friends and LEGO Legends of Chima were the company's biggest sales growth drivers for the year as a whole.

Overall, the possibility that Nexo Knights "might just be another Chima" isn't a remotely negative outcome for the theme. For all we know, it might be more or less the scenario the LEGO Group is hoping for.

That's a much more positive assessment of Chima than this year's assessment of Nexo Knights. So maybe Nexo Knights won't be just another Chima. Maybe it's actually performing worse.

That's a much more positive assessment of Chima than this year's assessment of Nexo Knights. So maybe Nexo Knights won't be just another Chima. Maybe it's actually performing worse.

Maybe. But it could just as easily be a case where Nexo Knights has been performing well worldwide, or in traditionally successful regions for Lego (Europe and the Americas) and as such hasn't had the opportunity to contribute as heavily to regional sales growth in developing markets.

Edited by Lyichir

Well... Chima had a HUGE launch, with nearly 50 sets in its first year. Nexo Knights was quite a bit smaller. Now, the trick would be to keep sales up for the next two years, that would make it more successful than Chima. And producing fewer sets that still sell very well is much cheaper than carpet-bombing to try and find out what works. I can't believe that they actually tried that after the early 2000's... anyway... toning it down and increasing set quality sounds like a pair of really good moves, so I hope that this theme continues in that direction.

I consider Chima a flop because it didn't continue past the plan date, and much more importantly, I still see it on clearance everywhere, it's still incredibly cheap and half off on Amazon. I keep meaning to buy the Bird of Prey for $17.50-$20 (Normally $40) but there is no rush as Amazon has had it for that price for almost a year. This is very common in the USA which is LEGO's number 1 or 2 selling place.

But I think NEXO is doing better, it only recently started being 20% off. I think that's a good sign. I personally don't own too much Nexo but I love it more than Chima which I feel was a one trick pony that they released WWWAAAAYYY too many sets for. We will find out next year when LEGO releases it info.

Update on my Nexo Knights collection I have now got 10 sets probably the highest amount I've got in terms of Lego themes. Still planning on getting Aaron Fox's ultimate set just haven't got the chance to because as of today I've gone down with a cold and didn't have enough money to buy it. Other sets I'm considering are General Magmar's ultimate set as well as Lance's Mecha Horse and Moltor's Lava Smasher.

the Lava Smasher is great fun for the gimmick, Moltor is a fantastic minifig and it's a surprisingly interesting build

the Lava Smasher is great fun for the gimmick, Moltor is a fantastic minifig and it's a surprisingly interesting build

Ugh I want it so bad!

But rationing my spending on Nexo.

My loose coin is going to Series 16 this month >< I want to get at least 10 unique figs from it (particularly the Hiker and Babysitter)

But Nexo has sucked up a lot of cash from me the past two months. I love the theme perhaps a lot more than an AFOL should lol.

Glob Lobber

Lance's Mecha Horse

Merlok's Library 2.0

Macy's Thunder Mace

Ultimate Aaron

Ultimate Lavaria

The King's Mech

Knighton Battle Blaster x2

Chaos Catapult x 2

Oo Also thinking forward I really appreciate how LEGO made this series with the elements it did. Basically everything can be converted into a space ship and astronaut set up with just a few modifications. Or getting rid of the trans orange can make more traditional steam punk fantasy looking Humans vs. Orcs type of thing. The fact that the figures are exquisitely printed also helps a ton in customizing to either motif.

I've got 4 Knighton Battle Blasters, 2 Chaos Catapults and (only) 1 Glob Lobber at this point. These "10 euro" sets, which can be found for as low a 5.60 euro, are great for army building. Each contains one soldier and one monster, a lot better value than those army builder packs. And you get lots of cool bricks and elements with it too.

Nexo sets are currently up to 40% off on Amazon right now if anyone is interested.

I've been wondering: Should I wait until next year for Clay's Jet or go ahead and buy the Rumble Blade right now while it's only 25 bucks? The Rumble Blade seems like a really nice set, and I would love to hear from anyone who owns it. :classic:

Nexo sets are currently up to 40% off on Amazon right now if anyone is interested.

Me and my stupid Impulse buys, I just spent $25 USD on Beastmaster's Chariot earlier this week...

I've been wondering: Should I wait until next year for Clay's Jet or go ahead and buy the Rumble Blade right now while it's only 25 bucks? The Rumble Blade seems like a really nice set, and I would love to hear from anyone who owns it. :classic:

The Rumble Blade is a great set with a good selection of minifigures... I'd say it is worth getting. The jet sounds like it would be awesome as well, but I believe it will be $50 if I remember correctly...?

Hard to say without seeing Clay's new vehicle if one is better to get over the other but for me - I am a sucker for a good deal and as others have said the Rumble Blade is one of the better sets of the first wave. It was one of the first sets I picked up and the first I put together. I figured my son would have a blast with the multiple vehicles aspect of it and being able to take it apart and put it back together again. The only drawback I can see with the set is that the two 'motorcycles' are relatively simple builds and not much going on with them. They look pretty cool and on the model they look cool but on their own they are a little plain. Clay's actual blade vehicle though makes the whole set worth it for me though. That thing is super cool.

If I didn't already have it I would definitely get it for the 25 and if they get any lower might pick up another one. Lots of good deals going on right now as Target also has Nexo first wave heavily discounted. The Rumble Blade is definitely up there with the Fortrex and the King's Mech so it is hard to go wrong.