Those are 2 independent statements:

1. The Classic Knight set contains a list of Knight figures over the years.

2. LEGO internally considers Nexo Knights to be a Castle theme.

Irrelevant discussion, really, I probably shouldn't have said anything at all, but I see that mistake about Castle vs Knight minifigures in the list often.

Those are 2 independent statements:

1. The Classic Knight set contains a list of Knight figures over the years.

2. LEGO internally considers Nexo Knights to be a Castle theme.

Irrelevant discussion, really, I probably shouldn't have said anything at all, but I see that mistake about Castle vs Knight minifigures in the list often.

Ah, I see. No worries.

In the U.S, what store is the Black Knight Mech exclusive to? I don't remember ever hearing which one it is.

I will make the prediction that Toys R Us will be getting it. It's the only exclusive launch for Nexo Knights for the Summer Wave. That and seeing as it's over $30...

I will make the prediction that Toys R Us will be getting it. It's the only exclusive launch for Nexo Knights for the Summer Wave. That and seeing as it's over $30...

That's also the store I had in mind. Thanks anyway!

In the U.S, what store is the Black Knight Mech exclusive to? I don't remember ever hearing which one it is.

Yeah, TRU. If you go today you should be able to get it for 20% off. :wink:

I just watched Jang's review of The Black Knight Mech. For the most part, I like it... but there's so very few posing options available. If I got it I would modify the megabloks out of it... I mean, it's otherwise fantastic, but I demand that all my LEGO mechs be able to pull off a dynamic pose. The artificial limits imposed on the ankles and arms are just befuddling.

I just watched Jang's review of The Black Knight Mech. For the most part, I like it... but there's so very few posing options available. If I got it I would modify the megabloks out of it... I mean, it's otherwise fantastic, but I demand that all my LEGO mechs be able to pull off a dynamic pose. The artificial limits imposed on the ankles and arms are just befuddling.

I actually just finished building that set an hour or two ago. It actually has a decent amount of possibility in the legs thanks to the joint in the hip, which I don't think I've seen before. The possibility of the sword hand is also much greater than that of the King's Mech, and the shield arm should be an easy mod.

Side note: The Black Knight's Mech is HUGE. I didn't expect it to be head and shoulders above its predecessor.

Just today, or tomorrow as well? I had no idea this was happening. Thanks for the heads up!

The sale strategically ends on the 30th, though. The Black Knight Mech does not release until August 1st in the US. If you find it on the shelves, odds are that the registers are programed to deny purchase of it until then.

That, of course, depending if it's exclusive there.

The sale strategically ends on the 30th, though. The Black Knight Mech does not release until August 1st in the US. If you find it on the shelves, odds are that the registers are programed to deny purchase of it until then.

That, of course, depending if it's exclusive there.

There's no strategy in it, I don't think. I purchased three wave two sets and the discount worked.

Just today, or tomorrow as well? I had no idea this was happening. Thanks for the heads up!

No problem.The sale ends on the 30th. :wink:

There's no strategy in it

The retail strategy is that it will end before the new sets release.

Of course, this is moot, as TRU almost always puts all of the sets out early without any regard of release dates.

Of course, this is moot, as TRU almost always puts all of the sets out early without any regard of release dates.

Hence the lack of strategy.

The artificial limits imposed on the ankles and arms are just befuddling.
Agreed. I don't get some of these design decisions. Maybe it's to encourage people to modify and build their own stuff? or maybe the designer was limited to certain parts for whatever reason.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how well Nexo Knights is doing by any chance?

I haven't heard anything about how it's doing. I'd assume the show's not doing as amazingly well as Ninjago was in 2011 or 2012, or else we'd already be hearing about the show bringing in tremendous numbers of viewers for its timeslot. But then again, Cartoon Network has managed to draw in HUGE numbers of viewers with shows like Steven Universe lately due to changes in how they schedule them (airing new episodes each weekday for a week or longer, instead of just one episode per week), so it could just be that the bar for newsworthy viewership ratings is a lot higher than it was back then.

As for the sets, we usually don't hear a lot about how sets are selling until the interim result comes out in September, and even then it's usually just in very generalized terms (i.e. "such-and-such had a successful launch and is on track for a good year").

Does anyone have any ideas as to how well Nexo Knights is doing by any chance?

Nobody has any idea. You'll only hear assumptions, if anything.

Some will say that shelves are empty or sell out, others will say that shelves are full and people are disinterested. No conclusive answers either way.

Got the Fortrex for 20% off on Amazon. It's a great set with a whole bunch of good play features. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is on the fence about getting it.

Just wandering around some nearby Lego retailers, I can tell it gets more traction than, say, Angry Birds, as most stores have somewhat stocked shelves for Nexo Knights (compared to AB's full, and quite dusty, shelves). Ninjago, Super Heroes, and Star Wars certainly fair better, but that's just due to their more prominent media presence.

I don't think the show is helping though, as it certainly falls off the radar, and advertising for it just seems out of the blue. Having reruns air weekly would certainly help it, especially if put in between two of CN's more popular shows, but I'm not the one who runs the channel. (This also isn't really the thread for discussing it either).

Edited by Penkid11

Judging by several local stores:

Fortrex

Chaos Catapault

Knighton Disc Launchers

Clay's Rumble Blade

Ultimate Lavaria

Are flying off the shelves. Fortrex is clearly going to make the top five list of best selling sets for the year.

Moltor's Lava Smasher

Jestro's Evil Mobile

Beast Master's Chaos Chariot

The King's Mech

Infernox Captures the Queen

Are selling pretty well. I was surprised that the Beast Master set wasn't selling poorly, but it seems to be moving units.

Lance's Robo Horse

Merlok's Library 2.0

Ultimate Aaron

Ultimate Clay

Ultimate Macy

Ultimate Beast Master

Are clogging up the shelves. The Robo Horse especially is moving at all and Ultimate Beast Master is always on sale. Safe to say I don't think the Ultimates will be back for next year because they seem to be selling quite poorly outside of Macy.

Overall, I think Nexo Knights has had a pretty successful first year. The Forest and Sea monster sets should sell well next year, but I think it's too early to tell if the theme will be able to continue beyond 2018. It's certainly selling better than Chima, which still has a large number of sets gathering dust on the shelves over a year later.

We're almost to the official release date now but I wanted to mention I saw Aaron's crossbow plane and Macy's motorcycle on the shelves at my Target yesterday. According to the inventory tracker no Targets around have the two biggest sets so maybe they aren't stocking them.

We're almost to the official release date now but I wanted to mention I saw Aaron's crossbow plane and Macy's motorcycle on the shelves at my Target yesterday. According to the inventory tracker no Targets around have the two biggest sets so maybe they aren't stocking them.

Or they just havent gotten them yet.