Based on that comparison picture, I'm guessing the Black Knight mech will also use the HF HUD piece as a windscreen, but in black. Also, I think the set will probably feature one of those mace-handed lava creatures, with Whiparella using it as a steed like she does in the episodes.

Based on that comparison picture, I'm guessing the Black Knight mech will also use the HF HUD piece as a windscreen, but in black. Also, I think the set will probably feature one of those mace-handed lava creatures, with Whiparella using it as a steed like she does in the episodes.

Could very well be, one is still missing, and Sparkz is less thant 100 pcs.

Seeing Sparkz and Burnzie but not Infernox, nor this potential new lava giant in the Lego NK website could hint at something more brick-build (like Infernox) than mixelish/bigfigish (like Sparkz and Burnzie).

Edited by ChristopheQ

Actually, based on that picture, I think it might be more likely for it to also use the same Tr. Fl. Reddish Orange screen, possibly with printing. That visor has been printed before, and note that the King's Mech's visor in that picture has silver detailing that was absent on the set itself, making it look far more "covered". The same may well apply to this new mech.

Besides that, it's a little hard to get a read on what the set itself might look like. In that shot it seems very similar to the King's Mech, but I'm hoping the actual set is a little bit less similar in terms of its build and detailing if only to help me justify getting both.

Thanks !! It's very similar to the King mech in size, the set could follow that as well.

No problem! Yes, i think so too.

That would be awesome, i would really like such a creature added to the set.

Come to think of it, you're probably right. The King's Mech and the Black Knight's Mech are about the same size in the show, and the King's Mech was about 320 pieces, so I assume that the Black Knight's Mech will be about 340 pieces and the remaining 150 goes to the lava golem (The other 40 are the figures).

It's also possible that the Black Knight and Whiparella are the only figures included due to the lava golem also being in the set, but I hope that's not the case.

Just started to collect the Nexo Knights sets. I'm absolutely loving this theme, thanks to the builds and mini figures.

Three questions :

1. What's so special about the books (except the Book of Monsters, included in the sets?

2. Just how many of those books are there, across both waves?

3. Are there any store-exclusive sets for the Summer Wave?

I wouldn't really mind that much, since it'd mean a more complete mace golem creature, but it'd be nice if we got the queen as well, or maybe a spider globlin (highly unlikely).

Yes, the black knight mech set that comes with whiparella.

Edited by amazingbricks

Just started to collect the Nexo Knights sets. I'm absolutely loving this theme, thanks to the builds and mini figures.

Three questions :

1. What's so special about the books (except the Book of Monsters, included in the sets?

Story-wise, they're books of magic that the Book of Monsters can devour so Jestro can summon more kinds of monsters. The more books he devours, the more powerful monsters Jestro can summon. Set-wise, they have different colors and printed patterns for their front covers and different monster-patterned tiles for their "pages".

2. Just how many of those books are there, across both waves?

Besides the Book of Monsters, there are four out in the first wave (Book of Chaos in 70313, Book of Deception in 70314, Book of Evil in 70317, and Book of Revenge in 70324), and at least two coming in the second (one with an orange cover in 70321 and one with a blue cover in 70322).

The Book of Monsters itself comes in two sets: 70316 in the first wave and 70323 in the second.

Yes — 70326 The Black Knight Mech. We haven't seen any pics of the actual set, so we don't know what exactly it will include, but it's probably safe to assume it includes Whiparella, since she's the only character on the Characters page of the Nexo Knights website who hasn't been confirmed to appear in a set. It's not clear if it will include any books of magic. Nor is it confirmed what store it will be exclusive to.

Story-wise, they're books of magic that the Book of Monsters can devour so Jestro can summon more kinds of monsters. The more books he devours, the more powerful monsters Jestro can summon. Set-wise, they have different colors and printed patterns for their front covers and different monster-patterned tiles for their "pages".

Besides the Book of Monsters, there are four out in the first wave (Book of Chaos in 70313, Book of Deception in 70314, Book of Evil in 70317, and Book of Revenge in 70324), and at least two coming in the second (one with an orange cover in 70321 and one with a blue cover in 70322).

The Book of Monsters itself comes in two sets: 70316 in the first wave and 70323 in the second.

Yes — 70326 The Black Knight Mech. We haven't seen any pics of the actual set, so we don't know what exactly it will include, but it's probably safe to assume it includes Whiparella, since she's the only character on the Characters page of the Nexo Knights website who hasn't been confirmed to appear in a set. It's not clear if it will include any books of magic. Nor is it confirmed what store it will be exclusive to.

That's a complete answer :classic: And I think the green book of revenge from the Library come as well in the Volcano castle. http://onuasurge.deviantart.com/art/Jestro-s-Volcanic-Lair-2-587159559

Edited by ChristopheQ

If I'm not mistaken there's also the book of anger that comes with General Magmar's Siege engine of doom.

Speaking of I wonder if anyone is going to combine it with Jestro's evil mobile and make a larger more mobile fortress for Jestro's army.

If I'm not mistaken there's also the book of anger that comes with General Magmar's Siege engine of doom.

Speaking of I wonder if anyone is going to combine it with Jestro's evil mobile and make a larger more mobile fortress for Jestro's army.

That would be hard to do, considering the Red/Black color scheme of the Evil Mobile doesn't blend well with the Brown color scheme of GMSEOD.

two more pics of the mechs (and the team and queen).

The Black Mech and the queen in gold armor is so badass. Thanks for the pics. Will the queen in armor be included in the Black Mech set?

Thanks for the photo of the Black Knight Mech. On screen it looks almost identical to The King's Mech. I hope that the actual build will differ significantly from the King's. I have to believe so, since it would not make sense to release 2 mechs that are so similar in the same calendar year.

My hunch is that this mech might be slightly smaller than The King's Mech, maybe an inch or so. I believe the KM build is around 320 pieces or so. So assuming something similar here, that leaves another 210 pieces for minifigures and secondary builds. Since Whiparella is pretty much a given, I think that a spider globlin rounds out the included characters and the other build(s) which would account for the other 190 or so pieces could be either the lava golem as a large build (a bit smaller than Infernox) for Whiparella to ride on or a smaller "Sparkks-sized" golem (which would be around 100 pieces which is what Sparkks is) and another small model.

There are Keychains of the Knights with HAIR! Clay uses the generic Sleepyhead hair, though.

No hair for Macy, though. I hope they make a hairpiece for her at some point, possibly using a clip to allow her plume to be used as the ponytail.

No hair for Macy, though. I hope they make a hairpiece for her at some point, possibly using a clip to allow her plume to be used as the ponytail.

In other media so far, she seems to use the CMF Dino Tracker hair, despite that not really matching the ponytail used on her helmet at all. Kind of odd that they did a new recolor for Aaron's hair but not for Macy's. Could that mean that we might see Aaron helmetless in another set? I'd be very surprised to see them do that sort of exclusive recolor just for a keychain...

In other media so far, she seems to use the CMF Dino Tracker hair, despite that not really matching the ponytail used on her helmet at all. Kind of odd that they did a new recolor for Aaron's hair but not for Macy's. Could that mean that we might see Aaron helmetless in another set? I'd be very surprised to see them do that sort of exclusive recolor just for a keychain...

I'm pretty sure Aaron's hair already exists.

I'm pretty sure Aaron's hair already exists.

Are you sure? Looking at the keychain the hair pretty clearly looks Dark Orange, not Medium Nougat like the hair from that polybag. Sometimes it can be hard to tell the difference, but not here—the image of the keychain shows the hair to be much more vibrant than Medium Nougat.