It's a pretty awesome-looking. And now I can use black to distinguish Robin's vehicles in my MOCs, rather than having just another shade of blue to work with.

Yeah, it seems to me that all of these monsters are contained in the Book of Monsters, and that they will all eventually be released by Jestro.

I would be surprised if they keep Jestro or even the BoM as the main antagonists in 2017 (and very surprised if TLG keep adding books in their NK sets as (kind of) collectible. It would be a missed opportunity to bring change and freshness to the 3rd wave...

What do you guys think ?

Edited by ChristopheQ

This Black Mech is a strong indicator that the Nexo Knights will eventually use their black uniforms, with Robin in the lead, as the Black Knight, in his mech.

Completely black shadow-knights vs evil plant men, wouldn't that be something? :wub:

New shield? Looks interesting and it might be useful for anyone looking to pick up one of those giant swords.

I guess I'll be at TRU on the 20th :grin:

I hope they release the respective shields for the Knights with their insignias.. Especially since Aaron's is already physical. Clay's should come as well, atleast.

Having got the book of monsters for the kids yesterday I can honestly say i'm really surprised that TLG has tipped their hand so quickly to show upcoming villains. I'm pleased...but very surprised!

They look awesome though and I really hope they happen, the kids loved them which is a good sign. Kids tests make a huge difference to whether TLG go through with a project or not.

My son had an interesting thought which the more I thought about it, the more sense it made. Could the book of monsters actually be Monstrox?

So jealous. If they don't release that blue and tr. blue sword in another way (one that I, as a customer who lives in Europe, can actually get), I'm going to be extremely annoyed. Then again, I wouldn't be suprised if they had Clay in the store exclusive, which could potentially have the sword.

I would be surprised if they keep Jestro or even the BoM as the main antagonists in 2017 (and very surprised if TLG keep adding books in their NK sets as (kind of) collectible. It would be a missed opportunity to bring change and freshness to the 3rd wave...

What do you guys think ?

I honestly hope they do. Giving villains character development is a good thing, and considering how few episodes per year we get, having to "reboot" with a new villain would really counteract that. Plus, if they keep the same collectibles, it makes the ones that already exist more useful as parts.

My son had an interesting thought which the more I thought about it, the more sense it made. Could the book of monsters actually be Monstrox?

This'd be an interesting piece of backstory if correct.

Edited by DraikNova

We have 50% of wave 1 set (not yet the Fortrex), and to my surprise, the one he is the most interested in is the library. I get it for the book, the castle pieces and Ava, not liking the "unfinished" tower and mini vilain vehicle. But he loves the playability of the thing. For a reasonnable price you get everything yuou need to create nice story (a base, a vehicle, a bad guy, a white knight, a damsel in distress, a precious object to protect, a nice play feature with the collapsing wall...)

That's what I've been thinking, considering they have the same face.

Nexo Knights.... I'm just here for the villains! This theme has created some of the best villains to date. On the flip side, it's also some of the worst heroes. They are are almost polar opposites of each other. The heroes are all teched out in new armor and the the villains are running around with minimal clothing. I hope the plant (water) villains come to fruition. They look absolutely incredible.

What surprises me about the Toys"R"Us shield dock picture is that the sword in that pic is a new color combination (Tr. Blue and Tr. Light Blue, rather than Tr. Blue and Silver Metallic like in the Fortrex). I don't think Toys"R"Us building events have ever had exclusive parts before (besides sticker sheets). But it might just be a preliminary image or a rendering mistake. The Nexo Power would also be an exclusive new element if it turns out to be printed like all the others, so maybe LEGO is just expanding their production budget for these sorts of building events.

What surprises me about the Toys"R"Us shield dock picture is that the sword in that pic is a new color combination (Tr. Blue and Tr. Light Blue, rather than Tr. Blue and Silver Metallic like in the Fortrex). I don't think Toys"R"Us building events have ever had exclusive parts before (besides sticker sheets). But it might just be a preliminary image or a rendering mistake. The Nexo Power would also be an exclusive new element if it turns out to be printed like all the others, so maybe LEGO is just expanding their production budget for these sorts of building events.

Moreover, the shield inlay itself is in Tr. Light Blue as well, which would also be a new colour for that part, plus the 2x2 dome piece in glorious Metallic Gold rather than Pearl Gold, which might be new too!

So, I 'dreally, really like to know: does this event takes place in the Netherlands/Belgium and the rest of Europe? Otherwise that would suck pretty hard :look:

Moreover, the shield inlay itself is in Tr. Light Blue as well, which would also be a new colour for that part, plus the 2x2 dome piece in glorious Metallic Gold rather than Pearl Gold, which might be new too!

So, I 'dreally, really like to know: does this event takes place in the Netherlands/Belgium and the rest of Europe? Otherwise that would suck pretty hard :look:

The dome is almost certainly just Pearl Gold (Warm Gold). Renders of this quality tend to make all pearl colors look more matte than they are in real life.

I don't know if this event will be in Europe. All that's been confirmed so far to my knowledge is the U.S. (February 20) and Canada (February 27). If you have Toys 'R' Us in your country you could check their website to see if they have an in-store events page. Or you could check club.LEGO.com, which is the first place I read about this building event.

I had a similar thought, but that maybe Jestro has a redemptive arc (the knights convince him of his errant ways, eg) and tosses the book into the volcano to destroy it (a la LOTR). However, rather than being destroyed, the book actually corrupts the volcano and perhaps the earth around it, which leads to the other forest and water monsters emerging from the land itself as the evil spreads.

However, I don't know how they would ever make the volcano character into a set, and I am still not sure we will ever see those other monsters in set form. Usually TLG keeps things like that quiet until right before release so that knock-offs have to play catch-up. Revealing these characters so early kind of thwarts that tactic. :sceptic:

Edited by rodiziorobs

PEOPLE: MONSTOX IS NOT THE B.O.M. I already explained this.

You said this, which doesn't say anything about the Book of Monsters at all:

Monstrox is the greatest evil-magic user ever, and his castle is the one Jestro now has in the summer wave.

Who says that the greatest evil-magic user ever can't be turned into a book by another good-hearted wizard?

You said this, which doesn't say anything about the Book of Monsters at all:

Who says that the greatest evil-magic user ever can't be turned into a book by another good-hearted wizard?

I believe he said that Mostrox is the most powerful monster in the Book, so powerful in fact that even the BoM is afraid of it. Edited by benderisgreat