The demon lava monsters have long reminded me of this kingdom from Heroes of Might and Magic III:

hqdefault.jpg

And Jestro's castle fits pretty well into that vibe. It'd be nice if we had gotten some demon dog / Cerberus type animals.

If I get all the knight vehicles I'll also have my full team of squirebots.. it's too bad the castle is out of my price range. The new scurrier rocks.

Its out of my price range too, but the new scurrier definitely rocks.

Gonna make my own mace-tailed Macy dragon. . .

I hope they come out with one soon, it's too cool of an idea to miss.

If you wait just a week, I'll post my version. Does 1400 bricks sound good to you?

If you wait just a week, I'll post my version. Does 1400 bricks sound good to you?

Why can't both of you post yours? The more Nexo MOCS, the better. :wink:

The magazine will be out in Germany an February 11th. I picked up the odd Chima magazine by the same publisher (Blue Ocean) in the past if it came with a minifigure. The content is of course aimed at children, much more so than the TV show or webisodes for example, with very simple storylines in the comics and easy riddles etc.

The first issue will have a minifigure and it is.... Lance! :hmpf_bad: I'm still on the fence about this one. I like the idea of a complete Nexo Knights collection, but then again the magazine itself is nothing I want and what would I do with the umptenth Lance figure?

The Castle looks like the biggest Lego castle ever, so it would be a shame not to get it.

When this Castle was folded in or open it had dimensions larger than the Lion Chi Temple (the largest surface area a castle has covered in the past 4 years). The only Castle that beat Vladek's Dark Fortress in height was this one.

Edited by Penkid11

Btw. Did anyone notice that the Fortrex set has more parts than any castle since before the fantasy era at least?

Edited by metalandi

The Castle looks like the biggest Lego castle ever, so it would be a shame not to get it.

For some reason (lack of main door, proper ramparts etc...) I can't see it as a proper castle. more a fortified playground for twisted (lava) kids. (I will still buy it of course...)

As a strong 7572 Quest Against Time vibe as well...

7572-1.jpg

Btw. Did anyone notice that the Fortrex set has more parts than any castle since before the fantasy era at least?

Studs, pins and carterpillar pieces helped a lot....

Edited by ChristopheQ

The demon lava monsters have long reminded me of this kingdom from Heroes of Might and Magic III:

hqdefault.jpg

And Jestro's castle fits pretty well into that vibe. It'd be nice if we had gotten some demon dog / Cerberus type animals.

Between the name (Miles?) Vorkosigan and pic from HoMM III, and obvious interest in LEGO, we would be good friends.

When this Castle was folded in or open it had dimensions larger than the Lion Chi Temple (the largest surface area a castle has covered in the past 4 years). The only Castle that beat Vladek's Dark Fortress in height was this one.

Vladek's Fortress is pretty much a giant "U", but Jestro's Castle is completely filled in and is a complete Castle.

For some reason (lack of main door, proper ramparts etc...) I can't see it as a proper castle. more a fortified playground for twisted (lava) kids. (I will still buy it of course...)

As a strong 7572 Quest Against Time vibe as well...

Studs, pins and carterpillar pieces helped a lot...

Its got towers, ramparts, trapdoors, a throne, a prison, and what looks to be an armory. That counts as a Castle to me. :wink:

On my phone so I can't upload pictures, but I got this: https://flic.kr/p/D4s7fi

Is this the magazine or just a random thing?

Pretty sure that's an activity book.

On my phone so I can't upload pictures, but I got this: https://flic.kr/p/D4s7fi

Is this the magazine or just a random thing?

This is an activity book, and the figure is Aaron's Squirebot. In some editions it's marked as an exclusive fig but as far as I can tell it really isn't — Aaron's Squirebot comes in the Aero-Striker V2 set, so unless this one has an exclusive face or something it's the same fig. Not too surprising, since activity books have never really had exclusive parts, but a little disappointing that they'd advertise it as exclusive when it really isn't. Maybe they think they can get away with it since those editions of the activity book come out long before the Aero-Striker V2 is released, so for a while the Aaronbot is technically exclusive to the activity book.

Shame the minifigure turnaround seems to omit some figs like the summer Ultimate figures for some reason. Would've been nice to get a close-up.

Edited by Aanchir

Its got towers, ramparts, trapdoors, a throne, a prison, and what looks to be an armory. That counts as a Castle to me. :wink:

and one could argue, that in a world where horse and shield are flying, proper door and ramparts are obsolete... Jestro has build a post-modern castle, he is the new Vauban...

Get the Castle, brick link the Macy-Bot and buy the $8 Activity book for the Aaron Bot. A Macy vehicle comes in the Castle and an Aaron vehicle comes in the Fortrex.

It would be a shame, wouldn't it? The castle even has the Book keeper. I need everything except the helmet on the Macy bot anyway. Considering this, the only sets I'll get will be the Castle and the Tower Carrier, so the Siege Machine will be last on my list then.

Even this guy called the catapult a NEXO Rock. Maybe that's what it's actually called. :tongue:

Training for the Toy Fair:

"Just add NEXO- to every word"

:laugh:

Some serious throwback with that Quest Against Time Set, still one of my favorite sets and themes. I think I will just collect the Ultimate sets, I don't have space to display all the wonderful models :cry_sad:

I will buy all sets having books. I love Aaron flyer, but too good, few room for improvement. And I want to limit number of sets to diplay. So mostly for pieces.

I will keep only the Fortrex and few horses for the knights.

For the vilains, besides my wicked war wagon MOC (with probably ultimate Magmar and ultimate Flama inside) I planned to make a huge tower assault vehicle, but seeing the lava castle, I prefer instead to make my own version of the base (with a more visible volcano, and a castle more like the Monster Fighters' one.

But I really like the wheels of the Evil Mobile, so I started joining them together, hamster wheel style, and feel it with globlins. Look rather similar to a Warhammer Skaven doomwheel. Will put Motlor on the black side, red Flama on the red side.

Edited by ChristopheQ