I'm not sure if I really like these nexo knight sets. but on the plus side I can see the jestro figure head could be put to some good use for a joker gas victim for any batman themed mocs that I could make in the future.

I saw the videos you are talking about BrickJagger. TLG slam on classic castle guys is kind of a slap in the face IMHO. Macy's video is the only one that doesn't do that so she is now the only Nexo Knight I support.

As for the regular rank and file knights, their baby blue armor reminds me of this chess set I own. Besides that their torsos have as futuristic of printing as the rest of the guys.

16705.jpg

Very strange theme. The figs look nice though. If kids and parents like it then TLG will have a hit on its hands at least; and then we can focus our spare change on the modulars instead of this!

It's not about the building techniques. It's the theme and figs. CS is serious biz, animals on dope is not

CS is serious biz

6951-1.jpg

Serious stuff, guys.

Edited by BrickJagger

I like the room on the bottom of the Evil Mobile, and that the lava beast pulls it! The Fortrex opening is cool. Maybe that's how it is when not on the move?

I like the room on the bottom of the Evil Mobile, and that the lava beast pulls it! The Fortrex opening is cool. Maybe that's how it is when not on the move?

Yeah, that's what I figured. I also wonder if there might be a larger castle in the summer that it can link up to when unfolded. That'd be incredible!

Oh my. I was hoping not to like this theme but the more I see the more I like. Especially the minifigures. I don't know how I'm going to afford all of this. :blush:

Nexo Knights looks like a cross between NinjaGo and Knights Kingdom 2 but with Space and Sci-Fi elements thrown in.

I can see the pieces in the sets being quite useful for people doing things like Warhammer 40k or Starcraft MOCs I bet (like all that chunky space armor, perfect for space marines I bet)

What I was really hoping for is a show on Cartoon Network. But then i'm worried it might turn out like Chima did, another fantasy-themed franchise.

If you pick up the same vibe that this show isn't for you when watching this show

like:

• They've got crazy weapons but no actual fights
  • The minions are goofy
  • That clown bad guy making a terrible villan.

If they do the show right, it can have awesome visuals like Chima had, and a plot more serious than Ninjago (I don't think that's happening, but hey, can I dream?).The Jester bad guy can be leader of a faction of terrifying clown things (like Ninjago's skeletons (Krazi cameo)) as well as having very decent skills with that staff and pulls combat tricks like trip kicks and staying juust out out of reach when he wants. He can also escape whenever he wants in a cool fashion.

Buuut, since there is a castle on wheels... I dunno...

Wow, this theme is amazing! Everything about it is perfect. Every time I look at the pictures(seen them so many times, I've lost count) I see something new. So many new pieces, axl and Aaron are my favorites. Robin looks great seeing him physically. Love that light nougat color for that hair, and I love the little princess. Her hair will be very useful and I'm very surprised that they decided to reveal the king, queen, and princess. I'm loving the robot knight and chef, the generic soldiers are perfect. I love how Macy has hair coming out, I thought it was a plume at first. I especially love the new looking helmets. I'm officially in love with this theme.

Edited by amazingbricks

I never said you used the word "childish". But it was you who replied to a theme where I argued against calling Nexo Knights "childish" saying you disagreed with my position....

Fair enough. I don't have any problems with the building techniques, I just can't get over castles with tank treads, flying rocket "horses" and rocket sled shields. It has less to do with the bricks and more to do with the concept.

Edit: well it does have a tiny bit to do with the bricks because there really isn't anything usable for me.

Edit #2: more subjective opinion here, but those videos are AWFUL.

I'm sure it's not going to hurt anyone's feelings, but I think it's best that I leave this thread/theme. If you guys enjoy it, that's great. No use in me crying about it any more.

Edited by SirBlake

LEGO tweeted an image of the minifigures turned to their backs, but I think they deleted it and I need it for something. Can anyone help me find it? Maybe they didn't tweet it, I dunno.

Man, I love the look of this theme. Once I got past it is not a historical theme (which I would prefer) and really thought about the fact that LEGO is going to be going all out on at least a cooler theme (in my eyes) than Chima and Ninjago, I decided I love it.

Nexo Knights New Part Roundup.

These are just parts that are clearly visible in the official set images. Please excuse me if any of them aren't actually new, but do let me know.

aSJuUBW.jpg

1. What was first mentioned as a new door turns out to be a new angled wall panel, a space looking equivalent to the classic castle wall panels. Appears in dark blue and black.

2. Shield facades appear in many patterns, but its nice to see at least two blank versions that could be used to make custom shields by adding a handle to the back.

3. Shield / hoverboard base for the shield facades.

4. New sharply pointed wedge piece.

5. Awesome new books, a two part assembly plus a 1x2 tile for the paper. Hopefully more appear in the exclusive Merlok's library.

6. Rubber stud pieces, or possibly half pins. Interesting possibilities.

7. 1x1x2/3 pyramids in at least three colors. Lots of potential for studded doors etc.

8. Spike piece, not positive if this is new or not. (Old)

9. Staff topper for Jestro has a lot of potential uses. (Old)

10. Chestplate for the giant lava ogre looks pretty specialized but could support other big-fig builds.

11. Demonic helmet piece, also used on mini-fig

clWQrQg.jpg

12. New larger armored arms.

13. Horned visor, may work for fantasy use.

14. New space marine helmet that supports visors.

15. Big fig shoulder piece.

16. Big fig armor. This, the shoulders and arms may all be semi-permanently attached.

17. Lava gollum new body/head combo.

18. New small arms.

19. Shoulder piece for small brick built figures.

20, 21, 28. New visors, all appear to have a sci-fi flavor with the ear antenna pieces.

22. Armor pieces for the minifigs, back has 2 studs.

23. New form of mini bolt launcher.

24. Mini bolts.

25. Futuristic swords in at least two colors.

26. Demon helmet, appears different from 11, may have a separate body armor piece underneath. (Armor is Old)

27. New serrated orc/barbarian sword.

29. Not sure if these long curved spikes are new or bionicle related. (Old)

Thanks for the corrections

Edited by Vorkosigan

If you look at the big brick built lava man/ thing, doesn't it make you think of some boss in one of the legend of Zelda games?

Edited by Seaner23

11 and 26 are the exact same piece. The shoulder armor is Shredder's. The topper of Jestro's staff was used in several Ninjago sets this year.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Aw those little red demon guys are kinda cute :wub: After seeing the official images, maybe this theme isn't so bad after all? Have we only officially seen the two sets they revealed today? It's hard to wade through all these pages

I think so. LEGO probably thought it would be a waste of time to fully reveal the sets most of us already saw in prelim form. :grin:

Edited by 8BrickMario

aU2rm6Vh.jpg

It looks like Merlock's library is a pretty traditional library other than Merlock being a hologram, and maybe some levitating platforms to access the higher books. I'm curious how this will look in set form. I hope it will include several of the new book pieces. Also some people saw prelims of Merlock and said he was gold, but I have to wonder if it could possibly be transparent yellow as a minifig to maintain the hologram effect.

Edited by Vorkosigan

I'm loving that book piece! :wub: Being able to swap out the tiles inside it is a great little touch.

The rest doesn't interest me much, but it looks like it's got some potential. I imagine they'll throw us castle fans a bone at some point - even Ninjago put out some good Japanese temples in later waves, as well as a beautiful D2C set. Given that the generic good guys appear to have Black Falcon heraldry, I'm holding out hope that we eventually get a set with some less futuristic Falcon knights and castles.

There is a new piece that wasn't in the reveal, but in the prelims that we can't (by site rules) post here. The new windshield piece has the same angle as the new wedge piece.