Oh Yeah, as I said before, "Lava Ultron" is definitely the best figure. The guy beside him is great too. Honestly, all of the villain figures are top notch, and most are readily reusable. I really want the black magma dude. :wub: I don't love the set he's in, but if the rest of the year is light on my wallet, I may get a chance to pick him up. :laugh: doubt it though, I still have to buy many a set from this year/last year. Next knights should actually alleviate a lot of my financial burdens if I play my cards right! :laugh:

I'd love to see Lavaria, though. She sounds badass.

Who's the giant in the TV show with the devil head that shows up beside the Jestro-cart-carrier guy? Does he appear in any sets?

~Insectoid Aristocrat

No, Extremis.

Looks like I was wrong on the crossbow. The ToyArk image shows it to be two of the current standard pulse guns added to a new spring launcher (or something similar).

Edited by gedren_y

Can anyone make out their armour decal?

It looks as though the armor has no decal, and in fact has a hole in the chest. The heraldry is part of the minifigure's torso print, and it shows through that hole.

Personally, I feel that this makes the armor much less useful. I wonder, for those fans of the classic Castle / Space hybrids, if the old minifigures with heraldry on their chest would work the same way. For example, do you think that this heraldry would line up with the hole?

cas072t.jpg

Sadly, I think the hole is positioned too high and is too small to accommodate the classic Castle figures.

The only armor with a decal belongs to Axl.

I really want the black magma dude. :wub: I don't love the set he's in

Which set is he in?

Edited by x105Black

Is Jestro wielding the Necronomicon from Evil Dead/Army of Darkness?

Klaatu... verata... n... Necktie. Nectar. Nickel. Noodle!

"Lava Ultron" is horrifying. I don't care if Lego calls these dudes Lava Monsters, they're straight up demons summoned by Jestro using the Nercronomicon.

This is a good thing.

I'm really excited for the villains of this series. Especially Sparkz. Buildable lava golem!

Yes, he is. Or, at least, a book by the same creator.

I wonder what purpose the other magic book (in Fortrex) serves. And what's below the ladder-hatch in the Evilmobile?

I think the young girl is holding a gaming device (or a Game Boy, if you're old like me).

I think she is actually holding pages from a book. The new mold looks like it holds a 1x2 tile inside. I am guessing that missing (or stolen) pages is a part of the story somewhere.

Also, slightly off topic, I am going to guess that the bull knight torso piece (or variant of it) is used for Giant-Man next year in the Marvel SH sets.

Robin's armor doesn't have the orange on the shoulders. That may mean that the others may have printed shoulders rather than trans. That would be helpful to those who have no problem with removing Lego printing.

A man, the armour decals are actually holes? Hate to disagree, but that makes them so much more reusable! :laugh: just pick a flat colour, or another character's torso, or find one that matches the torso in some other interesting way! That's pretty cool, IMO. :classic:

It looks like black magma dude comes in the crushy set with the Green knight. Looks to be cheaper than the chariot set. I'm hopefully guessing maybe 20-25 $. Probably more though. :sceptic:

Also, gotta chime in and say the horse head on the mechahorse in the Jestro-set is just beautiful.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Arguing that "my toy for seven-year-olds is more grown-up than your toy for eight-year-olds" doesn't make sense any way you slice it. It's perfectly fine if you don't like Ninjago or Legends of Chima or Nexo Knights! But saying it's because they're "too childish" when it's really just because you prefer other themes is just putting down adults who DO prefer those themes. It comes off as a wee bit pretentious.

There's nothing wrong with adults liking something aimed at kids. Most of us wouldn't be AFOLs if we didn't. But there's no sense in arbitrarily designating some sets "more childish" than others even when they're aimed at older kids. "Nexo Knights is too goofy for me"? OK. Nexo Knights IS goofier than most Castle themes. "Nexo Knights is too unconventional for me"? Also OK! "Nexo Knights is too childish for me"? That would be OK if you were comparing it to themes aimed at older kids like Lord of the Rings. If you're comparing it to themes aimed at younger kids, or even at kids the very same age, you're just misrepresenting the facts.

Since you quoted me, I'll address this directly. I don't recall using the word "childish". But not because I don't agree with it in principle. To me, the term is a way to express "goofy, unconventional, unsophisticated, etc.". I think the word "childish" is not the best term simply because we are talking about toys here, and they are childish by their very nature, so we can agree to some degree on that one. That said, from an aesthetic standpoint, some sets/themes are more sophisticated (read: appeal more to adult design sensibilites) than others. It is my subjective opinion that this theme is unsophisticated in that way.

As far as coming off as pretentious, that's on the reader. It is not my intent to position one sensibility as better than another, rather this particular design sensibility is neither to my taste, nor consistent with the larger Lego Castle universe that has been established up to this point (with some notable exceptions), and therefore useless to me as a collector/MOCer. For example, "unsophisticated" isn't meant to be an insult either. There's plenty of room for toys that lack sophistication. Just not room in my personal collection.

Its wierd how last week lots of people were displaying hate toward this series but now the same people are extremely happy and cant wait for the sets

I invite you to provide an example of this happening, because I'm not seeing it.

I love the style the show seems to be going for. And Macy's still my favorite. Seriously, what's not to love? Cool mace (whose components are suitable as d4's), dragon symbol, strong female character... Also, Fortress matches my expectations and, while the cyclops demon is kind of underwhelming, Jestro's vehicle blindsided me with its awesomeness. And those little lava demons are the cutest things. I'm rather confused that people complain about that sword being too large, since longswords were regularly up to two meters long and an average person was maybe 1.6 meters tall. Sure, it's a broadsword-style concept, not a longsword, but if you can build your tanks in whatever design you want while keeping it acceptably sturdy, I think you're good enough at metallurgy to make a huge sword. I'm not sure about Axl's axe blade pieces (or his name, for that matter. Why not name him Axle and joke about him being Axle the Rock Raider's ancestor while simultaneously getting the pronunciation to make sense?), Aaron's bow's little mini guns or Clay's sword. That sword has just a little too much translucent to it. Also, Axl is very very cartoonish in his proportions. But that mini robot body and its arms will be very useful. And those trailers... And that sea serpent crest in Jestro's set... And the fact that we have a passable Paginarum Liber Fulvarum now, thanks to the Book of Monsters. I'm already a complete Nexo Knights fanboy and the theme hasn't even been released.

Does anyone have the scoop on what you can build at the Lego booth? In the video Lego posted to Instagram you can see a couple building stations with instructions and tubs of bricks.

Oh yeah, and all of these shield parts are great. I'd love to see them as stained glass windows, or the like. And man, the sea serpent one and the dragon one? Mmmm. Very nice. :wub:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

One thing I really like is that all the mini-demons are unique! Sort of another incentive for collecting them all. I definitely need to have all of the baddies, so that means I need the whole theme. So many fantastic new parts, both useful and just plain cool, and the minifigures are great.

2xJCNN3.png

I'm really loving this blade piece. I want to get a pair of them to see how'd they look on my Sigfig's battle axe. Speaking of Battle axes. Axl's visor just screams shovel knight to me.

I'm definitely interested in this series. Depending on what sets have that blade piece. I may get one. I'll also be following the tv show when it airs.

One last thing. If there are more waves planned I hope they don't go down the road and use skeletons as bad guys again.

Okay, I take back almost everything I said about this line originally. Fortrex looks amazing. Jestro's vehicle look cool as well I guess, but it's not my cup of tea. Love the minifig design, love the artstyle, love the functions, love basically everything about the sets now. As for the story, mini-rant ahead.

Going to be blunt, I hate it. Jestro sounds like a watered-down Joker, the dialogue is very cliche, the modelling style and lighting is far too reminiscent of Chima, the characters mostly have bad voice choices, and the set-up sounds awful. "Oh no, Scottish Joker has stolen the Necronomicon, now it's up to the freshly-graduated Nexo Knights too stop him!". I'm almost certain this was written and animated by the same team that made Chima, and that doesn't fill me with hope that this will be any better than Chima's first days.

So other than the TV show, love what you've done here LEGO. Still skeptical of the sets that we haven't seen official pics of yet (unless they've been released and I didn't see it :wink: ), but I'm looking forward to how LEGO will challenge my opinion of them.

One thing I really like is that all the mini-demons are unique! Sort of another incentive for collecting them all. I definitely need to have all of the baddies, so that means I need the whole theme. So many fantastic new parts, both useful and just plain cool, and the minifigures are great.

Aren't there only 2? And they only appear in one set?

They do look great though, in a goofy way. :laugh: seriously funny looking. They are perfect for traditional devil creatures though. Satan's army will be well stocked! :laugh:

I hope they come in a cheap set so I can get at least 1. :blush:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Okay, Scottish? I haven't seen the videos, but that makes me like Jestro even more.

I'm only in it for the sets, though. I'm not surprised that the show isn't fantastic. Although it shouldn't be lazy just 'cause it's a kids' show.

I'm really loving this blade piece. I want to get a pair of them to see how'd they look on my Sigfig's battle axe. Speaking of Battle axes. Axl's visor just screams shovel knight to me.

Ultimate Lavaria will apparently have several of them as her legs.

Check out my fantastic photoshopping skills! I sure hope we get this hat in a later set.

plVCbfK.png

Okay, Scottish? I haven't seen the videos, but that makes me like Jestro even more.

And the Necronomicon is a towtal New Yawkah'." (Or is that a Boston accent? I get them confused some times.

Check out my fantastic photoshopping skills! I sure hope we get this hat in a later set.

Unparalleled H4x0rz.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Aren't there only 2? And they only appear in one set?

They do look great though, in a goofy way. :laugh: seriously funny looking. They are perfect for traditional devil creatures though. Satan's army will be well stocked! :laugh:

I hope they come in a cheap set so I can get at least 1. :blush:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

There are three. The goofy one that's plain red in one of the sets, and the magma-belly and a really wicked-looking one both in Fortrex.

Nice. I really think he needs a different hat.