"Take the fight to the lava monsters". It really answers a lot of your questions.

That's just the best quote out of context!

I'm optimistic of this line because it may help add more Fantasy style creatures, weapons, armor, etc. Granted a return to Castle would be cool, but I understand that Lego just doesn't have faith in that specific market. It's better for them to create their own Fantasy world that sets them apart.

Huh, and here I was in the camp that a Nexo Knights reveal at NYCC would be really unlikely since it isn't a theme with an already established fanbase. Guess I might very well end up eating my words. It even seems like they MIGHT be making Nexo Knights their sole focus, which would be an even bigger surprise since I didn't expect them to focus on a single theme for a second year in a row. Maybe their Bionicle booth last year was more successful than I had considered, and they want to extend that same level of hype to a different new theme this year.

The booth as a whole seems like it'll be roughly the same size as their NYCC booth was last year. I was wondering whether the LEGO Group's presence at NYCC this year might be bigger than last year since last year's NYCC exceeded SDCC in total attendee count. But it now occurs to me that the higher attendee count might also make floor space more expensive, which could give the LEGO Group an incentive to keep things a bit more low-key than at SDCC.

Tomorrow I guess we'll find out for sure what the LEGO Group's plans this year entail!

I was also in the "No Nexo Knights @ NYCC Camp" but I have changed my tune as it looks highly likely that we will see this theme at NYCC 2015. As to why:

- Agree with everything Aanchir said above re: Bionicle last year and visitor counts, to which I would add:

- Given the nature of the theme, TLG might want to unveil it where they will have an audience of RPG'ers (AD&D, etc.) and Tabletop Gamers (Warhammer 40K, etc.) and those with an interest in those themes/genres.

- When I think about it, this theme does kind of lend itself to a Comic Con environment

- Perhaps, with the sets leaking online (the images are still readily available) TLG decided to reveal the theme now and at least control the message/content/set reveal before any more info leaks online

- Lego's resources are such that the cost of booth space would be of little concern, but for what it's worth their booth doesn't look that big

- NYCC has always been "the other Comic Con" after SDCC, but given it's timing and what has historically been TLG's timing for the release of new waves of sets, it could be a good time for them to show new stuff

Lego has mentioned that a "Big Announcement" is coming up and while that could be anything (Dr. Who, Ghostbusters Firehall) I think it's likely that they are referring to the Nexo Knights reveal.

Edited by TPLSTER21

That's just the best quote out of context!

I'm optimistic of this line because it may help add more Fantasy style creatures, weapons, armor, etc. Granted a return to Castle would be cool, but I understand that Lego just doesn't have faith in that specific market. It's better for them to create their own Fantasy world that sets them apart.

I didnt mean that exact quote but the text on the scanned page that starts with it ;)

so.....know we know what happens when Bennie designs a space theme.....

Anyway, I have a very odd problem with this. I agree with a lot of you about the disapointing sets and how this will set back decent castle sets, but for me, I am very concerned about the colors. Lego has usually had a "golden ratio" of colors, especially in the space sets. A primary color, a secondary color and a highlight. My problem is that the good guys have red, white and blue (Or is the white gray?) in equal amounts more or less, If the Ratio was more 90% blue or gray, 9% blue or gray 1% trans something I would like it a lot better

Plus red on both good and bad guys doesn't work for me.

so.....know we know what happens when Bennie designs a space theme.....

Anyway, I have a very odd problem with this. I agree with a lot of you about the disapointing sets and how this will set back decent castle sets, but for me, I am very concerned about the colors. Lego has usually had a "golden ratio" of colors, especially in the space sets. A primary color, a secondary color and a highlight. My problem is that the good guys have red, white and blue (Or is the white gray?) in equal amounts more or less, If the Ratio was more 90% blue or gray, 9% blue or gray 1% trans something I would like it a lot better

Plus red on both good and bad guys doesn't work for me.

Good guys have trans neon reddish orange, light grey, and blue.

Bad guys have black, red, trans neon reddish orange, and brown.

Me either! I'm so excited! :grin:

Do we have word that this is an official reveal of Fortrex? Maybe the whole line? Or the story? :grin:

Do we have word that this is an official reveal of Fortrex? Maybe the whole line? Or the story? :grin:

The theme is gonna be revealed. Probably explaining the story, too. I dunno about any sets, though.

The theme is gonna be revealed. Probably explaining the story, too. I dunno about any sets, though.

I think we may see a couple of sets tomorrow but not the whole line-up

At this point, if they are going to reveal the Nexo Nights theme/storyline it would make absolutely no sense not to show some of the minifigs/sets as well. I agree that we will probably get to see some/most of the minifigs and 2-3 sets. I expect they will also announce the formal release date for the line and the debut date of the cartoon.

At this point, if they are going to reveal the Nexo Nights theme/storyline it would make absolutely no sense not to show some of the minifigs/sets as well. I agree that we will probably get to see some/most of the minifigs and 2-3 sets. I expect they will also announce the formal release date for the line and the debut date of the cartoon.

Debut date of the cartoon?

I'm actually expecting for a trailer :laugh:

I just expect a teaser for the show, a reveal for fortrex, and they're probably going to give out the shield piece as an exclusive like the bionicle mask piece last year.

My bet for the reveal tomorrow:

The Robo Horse set (I forgot the name :grin: ) and Fortrex

And I hope they'll show Jestro. Can't wait to see his scepter

Edited by Robert8

My bet for the reveal tomorrow:

The Robo Horse set (I forgot the name :grin: ) and Fortrex

And I hope they'll show Jestro. Can't wait to see his scepter

His scepter's pretty slick, I don't remember if you got the catalog or not, but it's a really nice use of the Deepstone thing from Ninjago.

His scepter's pretty slick, I don't remember if you got the catalog or not, but it's a really nice use of the Deepstone thing from Ninjago.

I meant the final scepter. Not the prem :grin:

I think it will be Jestro's "thing" , and the big one will be revelated later.

EDIT: oh, I was wrong, they will reveal both.

You can cleary see the Fortrex on the left and, on the right, the big lava guy that CM4 said that was included in the Jestro set.

And sorry, but Jestro has the old hat :sad: .

Edited by Kaanere

Clay gimme your hair!!! :grin:

Any way hopefully we'll get more close up photos later on,because now I'm really excited!!!

Edited by LOTR34

I won't be able to post pictures for the next few hours, but they'll be popping up! I'll post links from my phone.