This is my version of the storyline:

King Robin is a wicked little boy. He is so evil and twisted that he kills innocent people when he is bored..... just for fun.

Jestro, the court jester, is the only one brave enough to face and fight Robin and his evil minions, the so called Nexo Knights.

Jestro's quest is to return peace to the kingdom. His courage and determination made him even risk his own life by taking the spellbook from the evil wizard Merlok and, with an army of friendly lava creatures, is ready to fight for the freedom of the people of the land.

But king Robin has told everybody that Jestro true intentions are just to take over the kingdom. So, the people of the kingdom hate him. But Jestro understands....

Because Jestro is the hero the Kingdom deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector.... a true knight :cry_sad:

:purrr: :purrr: :purrr: :purrr:

Whom just happens to look really Evil and scares little children.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

There are at least 20 unique shields

You can take pictures of the, it's an app and it does something with Nexo Powers

This is my version of the storyline:

King Robin is a wicked little boy. He is so evil and twisted that he kills innocent people when he is bored..... just for fun.

Jestro, the court jester, is the only one brave enough to face and fight Robin and his evil minions, the so called Nexo Knights.

Jestro's quest is to return peace to the kingdom. His courage and determination made him even risk his own life by taking the spellbook from the evil wizard Merlok and, with an army of friendly lava creatures, is ready to fight for the freedom of the people of the land.

But king Robin has told everybody that Jestro true intentions are just to take over the kingdom. So, the people of the kingdom hate him. But Jestro understands....

Because Jestro is the hero the Kingdom deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector.... a true knight :cry_sad:

:purrr: :purrr: :purrr: :purrr:

:laugh: :laugh: Whatever the official story is going to be this is better. :thumbup:

As a non-fan of Ninjago or Chima, and a huge castle fan, surprisingly I see a lot of potential in the first wave (full disclosure I liked KKII). The hero's armor may not work well in the castle setting but it looks like it might be decent sci-fi, and there will be a lot of variety. The pseudo big-fig is a bit of a departure from the norm, but considering the bull themed shield he'll be on my want list. Sadly the sets revealed so far do seem pretty lacking,especially the impulse ones, but at the very least the villains revealed are pretty boss.

Someone took pictures, they are on line, check the major lego news sites before they take them off.

I believe that linking those sites could lead in a rules infringment, so I won't link.

Someone took pictures, they are on line, check the major lego news sites before they take them off.

I believe that linking those sites could lead in a rules infringment, so I won't link.

Dunno what you mean, I just checked a whole bunch of them, but not a single thing! I don't believe they've been taken off allready, because often the post is edited, not deleted. I haven't seen any 'empty' posts

Edited by Exetrius

Dunno what you mean, I just checked a whole bunch of them, but not a single thing! I don't believe they've been taken off allready, because often the post is edited, not deleted. I haven't seen any 'empty' posts

They're still there, on Instagram. I'm literally looking at them right now.

As for the sets, eh... I'll skip them. They're not some strange mix of tech and medieval like the Sentinel faction from LEGO Universe, it's Ice Planet on robo-horses and motor driven catapults versus lava demons. There is some stuff that I like, such as the flying robo-horse (which I must say is an awesome blend of tech and medieval styles) but the rest is ludicrous, and I say that as a long-time NINJAGO fan. If the colorscheme was better and every ship carrying the normal robo-horse happened to have its cargo magically disappear, I'd probably like it better.

Any pics of Fortrex / Jestro set / Ultimate out there? :(

I'll wait for official pictures to see the final look of those, but at this point I'm pretty pleased with what I saw. Minifigs seems to be really cool, and sets look nice.

Podracer would be my favorite, for now.

Not too sure about the robo-horse, but as many suggested it should "transform" somehow, so we'll see.

A dream of my childhood becomes reality: Lego Saberrider. But unfortunatelly I don´t want it any more.

Edited by Matthias

Welcome back, dark ages. I guess i will be saving tons of money now.

Totally agree, I am out of this theme so I will save a lot of money I can spend on some older Castle and LOTR stuff on the Bricklink.

At the moment the Elves sets for next year sound more Castle like than these sets. Starlight Inn, Fire Dragon Lava Cave, Secret Marketplace. At least the Elves get an Inn, dragons and a marketplace.

The preliminary catalog images of the sets have shown up on Facebook. Not the artwork image, though, from what I've seen.

The other set images have been by people here that don't want to get in trouble with TLG, so are not sharing them.

I am excited. New molds (I count at least 12) that have potential for expanding building techniques. I don't build the TLG provided themes anyway, so I don't care that this is a futuristic knights theme. I build more than just historical fantasy, so parts in sets that fall outside those needs don't bother me in the slightest.

In any event, I am certain that a number of the parts shown are not the finished product. The pentagons on the shields are all that trans-neon orangeish color, but the artwork has them as different colors. Some of the parts that have stickers will likely be printed, like those 1x1 tiles. That old chrome sword might even be a placeholder for the new mold shown in the artwork image.

The Elves theme may actually be why this theme is so non-traditional. Let that sink in.

Edited by gedren_y

The Elves theme may actually be why this theme is so non-traditional. Let that sink in.

That's really sad, what with all of the minidolls and cutesy elements.

This is obviously made for boys while that is obviously made for girls. Where's a gender neutral Castle theme?

He is exclusive to Fortrex, as far as I can see.

The Ultimates are Clay, Aaron, Robin (short legs) and Macy.

Can you speculate what Ultimates sets are? Are they new play sets like Spinjitsu sets from Ninjagos first year or are they construction figures like KK had before?

Can you speculate what Ultimates sets are? Are they new play sets like Spinjitsu sets from Ninjagos first year or are they construction figures like KK had before?

They're minifigures with special weapons and armor attachments.

Welcome back, dark ages. I guess i will be saving tons of money now.

My thoughts exactly. No Western theme, no pirates theme, no new other historic theme. Alas.

Here are my thoughts on the sets:

The main Hero Knight look good.

From what I have seen, the Villain sets are the better part of the theme.

P.S. Does the catalog give a different date for Jestro's set and the Fortrex set ?

I am actually getting pretty excited for this theme's release. While I'd vastly prefer structures over vehicles and medieval knights to futuristic knights, these figures and their accessories do look pretty good, from what I could see so far.

Saw Fortrex and Jestro set. Described them the best I could:

70317 Fortrex

Pieces: 898?

Price: $???

Includes 3 Minifigures, 2 Little Demon Thingies, Merlock Hologram, Orange Knight Big-fig, and Good Robot: Red Bad Knight, Clay, and Aaron

Features Black Demon Speederbike, Blue Motorcycle, Blue Speederbike, and Fortrex (Fortrex is dark and regular blue with red accents. Smaller than 2013 King's Castle.)

70316 Jestro?

Pieces: 442?

Price: ???

Includes 2 Minifigures, 2 Little Demons, and Brick-built Demon: Jestro and Lance

Features Blue Horse Speederbike, Black Brick-built Demon, and Jestro's Red "Vehicle" (Looks like Joker's Steamroller. Demon jester head on front. Two arms, one on each side, for throwing lava "pies". Throne for Jestro with banner on back.)

Edited by Sir Gareth