Finally got to see some pictures. CM4Sci's drawings were pretty accurate depictions of the sets, so good job on that.

And that's about the only positive thing I have to say. Fears confirmed, this is an abomination.

Looking at the actual set leaks now, one of the visors doesn't look usable but there are a couple others that still look good. Also the bad guy's helmet with horns is nice. Overall I think I'm likely to pick up the bad guy's sets more than the good guy's. They are black and brown with orange and red highlights, and look more medieval. The good guys have way too much blue, even some blue helmets and armor, and are generally more high tech looking.

People have mentioned the site on the last page, you just have to use your search skills since its against policy to post links.

Love the shields. An interesting meshup of castle and scifi. I can imagine Warhammer 40k fans turning this into space marines with a little gothic flavour. I dont have much expertise in the history of Lego space, but it might be an unprecedented style which deserves credit.

They don't look that bad but I'll have to wait and see the official pictures to make a final judgement.I have to admit I'm more interested on the bad guys rather than the good,might as well put kai fight few of them in my future diorama....you know as they say "you must fight fire with fire" :grin:

Edited by LOTR34

Honestly just based on the color scheme this should lead to lots of nice new Ice Planet MOCs...

That plus the falcons heraldry makes me kind of happy with this. It looks to me like LEGO is catering to the nostalgics rather nicely with this.

Does Jestro have some sort of spellbook?

I've seen 3 pics now, 1 artworky-think with the castle, 2 pages of catalog, I haven't seen a jestro. I don't think all is out yet, or I just missed him or missed some pics. We're still on 3 right?

Edited by Captain Sweatpants

I've seen 3 pics now, 1 artworky-think with the castle, 2 pages of catalog, I haven't seen a jestro. I don't think all is out yet, or I just missed him or missed some pics. We're still on 3 right?

Jestro's bottom left of the artwork(cover).

That's what I get. And 2 for Creator. Seems like no more new pictures (for now).

Oh and each knight has an animal crest.... just like.... our favorite theme ever: KK2!!

Gray Knight: Horse

Blue Knight: Eagle

Purple Knight: Bull

Red Knight (girl): Wolf (?)

Green Knight: Fox (?)

Edited by Robert8

Just saw the pictures............ :moar::excited::moar:

Thoughts:

Knighton Disc Launchers: Mohawk Lava Monster looks cool. That seems to be a crossbow he's holding. The disc launcher looks more futuristic than the others, but still alright. 6/10.

Chaos Catapult: No clue what's happening here, but there's nothing futuristic is this set, and there seem to be tons of useful lava parts. 8/10.

Lance's Robo Horse: Looks great. Lance could fit in with the crownies by the looks of it. The horse itself is.... unique, and I'm pleased to see that the Robo-Knight has regular legs. There's also a mohawk guy in this one, they seem to be the foot soldiers and should great for army building. 8/10.

Moltor's Lava Launcher: :wacko: No idea. The green knight looks pretty cool, and I can vaguely make out a bigfig, who is probably Moltor. Vehicle is strange, might not get this one. 5/10

Beast Master's Chariot: AMAZING. The lava-fantasy pod-racer idea is perfectly pulled off here, and the flying horse looks compact and neat. There seems to be a function at the controls of the chariot that pull a chain which in turn opens one of the mouths, creating a snapping effect. Beast Master himself could be integrated into FE, and I have no clue who the red knight is. 9/10

Clay's Blade Cruiser: Pretty nice. Not too keen on Clay's visor, but the Robo Knights look good, as does the lava monster (frankly, all of the lava monsters look good :grin: ) The classic silver sword is a nice homage to the older Castle themes. 7/10.

Jestro: Best Castle villan of all time. Hands down. 11/10.

It seems like Jestro stole some of Merlock's magic books from the library and used it to summon some Lava monsters. P.S: Lego's description of the theme refers to them as lava monsters (It also refers to this theme as a Castle theme), so that's what we'll call them.

Did anyone notice the big building behind the Robo-Horse? Wonder what that is.....

That plus the falcons heraldry makes me kind of happy with this. It looks to me like LEGO is catering to the nostalgics rather nicely with this.

How do you figure? By putting a black falcon image on space armor and a rocket sled that's supposed to pass for a shield? I don't think so.

Oh and each knight has an animal crest.... just like.... our favorite theme ever: KK2!!

Gray Knight: Horse

Blue Knight: Eagle

Purple Knight: Bull

Red Knight (girl): Wolf (?)

Green Knight: Fox (?)

I'm actually most excited by this, and that positively menacing Jestro.

It seems Jestro is some sort of undead/zombie jester.....

Does he have a new jester headpiece and new neckpiece?

Has anyone seen full images of the Castle/Jestro set?

No :sceptic:

Edited by Robert8

-snip-

Moltor's Lava Launcher: :wacko: No idea. The green knight looks pretty cool, and I can vaguely make out a bigfig, who is probably Moltor. Vehicle is strange, might not get this one. 5/10

-snip-

It is smasher, not launcher, right? I don't see a big fig, I thought is was a normal fig driving it. I thought I saw the shoulderpiece with the spikes (gundabad orks used them) and the big fists for minifigs in red