Yeah it's definitely fake, sorry about that. I was just so excited to see what looked like a prelim. I was searching and that definitely looked caught my attention. It's from a neoshifters mega blok set as someone mentioned previously.

It's probably not far off from what we'll get though.

:head_back:

I really hope we get some real pictures soon, to either reinforce or counter what we all believe (that this will be futuristic, not castle).

The previous Castle theme was revealed at the New York Toy Fair, or one of the events around that time, if I recall. It's a bit too early for big new lines to be revealed, and it seems like Lego is tightening up their secrecy lately.

The previous Castle theme was revealed at the New York Toy Fair, or one of the events around that time, if I recall.

Yep, but it was a smaller theme and a Summer theme. This one is a Winter/January theme, however. :wink:

Well, when was Chima revealed? (And no I don't mean when was it leaked by Angeli not once but twice or even three times and was banned as a result - I mean officially revealed)

Well, when was Chima revealed? (And no I don't mean when was it leaked by Angeli not once but twice or even three times and was banned as a result - I mean officially revealed)

The CHI dotted question mark showed up in August of 2012. I remember the odd thought of it having to do with Chimeras, or so people led themselves to believe.

Of course, nothing official aside from the name was known at that point and that it had to do with "CHI" regardless of it's form.

I always wondered why he got banned. I really liked his builds in GoH anyways I am surprised at how long it's taking for pictures to surface

I'm starting to think leaks aren't going to happen. We may just get pictures very close to the release date. I don't think we'll see prelims at all. I think the same thing happened with chima if I'm correct.

I wish Lego would release some impulses based on the upcoming sets so we could have a taste of what is to come. Just a couple of polybag sets when you spend some amount of money buying in a Lego Store, for instance.

4 different LEGO designers I probed about this theme were unwilling to admit even that it exists, so it seems there has been a company-wide order to keep things confidential until official reveal.

LEGO is protecting there brand. Blurry leaked images can destroy interest in a product and an announcement that comes too early can cause fan fatigue when the products finally arrive.

This is the top secret big bang property right now. They are right to play their cards close to their chest.

I'm starting to think leaks aren't going to happen. We may just get pictures very close to the release date. I don't think we'll see prelims at all. I think the same thing happened with chima if I'm correct.

4 different LEGO designers I probed about this theme were unwilling to admit even that it exists, so it seems there has been a company-wide order to keep things confidential until official reveal.

LEGO is protecting there brand. Blurry leaked images can destroy interest in a product and an announcement that comes too early can cause fan fatigue when the products finally arrive. This is the top secret big bang property right now. They are right to play their cards close to their chest.

All good and valid points. A couple of additional observations: Images of these sets are "out there" as they are for sure in the retailer catalog. So, at this time, I would think that probably a few hundred people worldwide have seen the sets. Based on that and on prior history, we will get leaked images of these sets at some point. Not sure about if/when Chima images were leaked but I do know that an actual set would up on Ebay in, like, July of that year.

Given past experience, I'm sure Lego is working harder and harder to prevent leaks but I'm sure they know they are inevitable. Even now, despite their best efforts, the logo and set lists have been disclosed. All they can do is prevent them for as long as they can and have them removed as soon as possible after they take place. And I'm pretty sure that Lego designers have a NDA with Lego that states any disclosure of confidential info would result in their automatic termination and likely black list them from working in the industry. That's why they are denying its existence! Highly doubtful they would disclose anything to anyone, even a close friend.

And of course, compounding the frustration on the boards is the fact that one year ago today we had leaked images of all the winter 2015 sets. That would have been about a month sooner than we found out about the 2014 sets. I'm as guilty as everyone else in terms of "expecting" leaks now. In the next 3-6 weeks, one or all of the following things should/will happen:

1. "In the know" members will obtain some additional information on the theme/sets.

2. Stolen production samples or minifigs will show up on Ebay.

3. Images or the set prelims will show up online.

We just have to be....sigh....patient.

If it is their big Multimedia line, similar to Chima and Ninjago, then TLG has true hard dates and solid NDA's out there, in part because of the partnerships with WB for the TV show. So little will leak until right near release.

I'm just checking eBay to see if the stores will leak the figs again like every year... That would hopefully get us a head start on the color scheme and feel of the line...

So I've been doing some searching and found some interesting tidbits on a german site. No pictures yet, but some set listings that appear to be new.

Nexo-Merlocks Bücherei 2.0 Exklusiv Ve - Google Translate:

Nexo Merlocks Library 2.0 Exclusive Ve

Its encouraging to see mention of a building finally, especially something civilian like a library.

Nexo-Fortrex - Die rollende Festung - Google Translate:

Nexo Fortrex - The rolling fortress

I know we've seen the "mobile fortress" mentioned before, but I don't think it was in the amazon listings so here is another confirmation.

Nexo-Der Mech des Königs - Google Translate:

Nexo The Mech king

Nexo sweepstakes package Monster, Jan 20

With description:

Nexo Knights sweepstakes package Monster hunting Content: 1x Poster 50x70cm 4x wobler lettered 1x Dispenser for participation brochures 100x participation brochures A5 postcards with 100x Power Shield DIN A6

To paraphrase an old internet forum saying: "Link or it didn't happen."

What sort of site are we talking about? Is it some sort of online store?

Edited by thetang22

Nice find! Um, a civilian like library? That seems interesting, but way out of place for this theme. I'd love a library. Rolling fortress sounds like the troll wheel set from the fantasy era sets. King mech, now this confirms a king. It's got to have hints of gold through out the build and I'm intrigued by this. Where did you find this?

To paraphrase an old internet forum saying: "Link of it didn't happen."

What sort of site are we talking about? Is it some sort of online store?

http://www.dein-wohnstil.de/Nexo-Merlocks-Buecherei-20-Exklusiv-Ve

If you search for Nexo you can see the other listings.

Nice find! Um, a civilian like library? That seems interesting, but way out of place for this theme. I'd love a library.

A wizard library probably but at least its not "mobile" or "robo."