You guys are missing a key word in that post (That I also missed the first time I read it): "when looking through the catalogue I saw that Nexo Knights are regular knights fighting on over dimensional robots"

They're riding on the robots, not fighting them. We already knew this: Lance's Robo-Horse. :wink:

I completely missed that, well i guess the lava monsters are still one of the main villains in the theme. Harley Quinn's head piece in black and red could easily be reused for jestro and that gets me really worried. The robo horse is brick built then.

Thanks TPLSTER21 and Klaus-Dieter

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the king yet...

There will be a king in this "castle" theme, right?

I was hoping for the CMF S13 Classic King hairpiece recolored with white hair

When was the last time we got a Castle theme without a King? Fright Knights?

That description of the theme doesn't sound good. Red and blue are the main colors? So evil has red, good has blue. Oh no, jestro could reuse the red and black jester piece. How disappointing would that be? They're fighting Transformer looking things? It's not sounding good for this theme right now, hopefully pictures change my mind.

When he mentioned blue and red as the colors I believe he was responding to my follow up question about the set box design and color. So, I think he was saying that the box colors are blue and red. I could be wrong though, as I didn't ask him for a further clarification of what he was referring to when he said blue and red.

I don't get it when people say this. That's like saying: "I HATE movies." Or: "I HATE TV shows."

You're saying you hate something that presents every genre. All anime aren't Saturday morning mindlessness like Naruto.

Now, if you dislike the manga art-style, then that's another thing I guess.

I'd equate it to a particular style of movie or tv show, because that's what it is.

I guess I need to elaborate. I do hate anime (with a passion). I'm not talking about a particular genre that it covers (since like you said...anime can cover all sorts of different genres). My problem is with the stylistic choices, abundance and reliance on cliches, and general approach to whatever content they cover as being juvenile in sensibility. Even the anime that is supposed to be more mature still feels like it relies on the corny cliches that I just can't take seriously.

In this particular association with Nexo Knights, I'm speaking about the rumored stylistic choices. Many anime use the approach that throwing in mecha to any setting automatically makes it cooler. Lots of stylistic choices in anime are done with the notion that "looking cool" trumps many other points of consideration (which is unfortunate...because the common anime styling being "cool" is pretty debatable to begin with). That approach feels really shallow and flaky to me.

I don't care for the vehicles. If the knights look good or ok and we get some sort of battle packs, that's good enough for me.

My one hope hinges on the "regular knights" part of this rumor.

This theme is sounding more and more like Chima with castle-style heraldry (and not even that much is certain).

Almost everyone here strongly believe that because there is the word "knight" in a theme name then that theme is obviously a castle theme... Don't jump to conclusions while we haven't seen any picture!! And don't forget that this theme is here to replace Chima, so yes it's aimed at kids and will have the sets will most likely be comparable to Chima's ones.

Be patient :classic:

I think that "Lance's Robo Horse" will be more of a vehicle build than a mechanical beast build, by which I mean that it likely will have the minifig in some sort of cockpit in the horse's back as opposed to the figure riding the horse. Mainly due to size/scale considerations. And since this looks to be a take on a mounted knight set model, I guess it will incorporate a lance (also the fig's signature weapon if rumors are correct) into the build on a larger than minifig scale. Wonder if there is a way to "launch" the lance or lances within the current piece lineup?

You guys are missing a key word in that post (That I also missed the first time I read it): "when looking through the catalogue I saw that Nexo Knights are regular knights fighting on over dimensional robots"

They're riding on the robots, not fighting them. We already knew this: Lance's Robo-Horse. :wink:

What if Lego have deconstructed the traditional lego horse into different pieces that can then be built into a crazy, insane robo-horse for all the Nexo knights.... and more importantly, maybe the horse pieces could be used to make centaurs...? That would definitely make up for what ever else comes out of this theme... just a pipe dream though, I guess. But there is bound to be something that will redeem the theme...

I doubt Jestro will reuse Harley's hat. They've already stretched it with the Jokerland set. I wouldn't be surprised if his secondary color is very different.

I guess I need to elaborate. I do hate anime (with a passion). I'm not talking about a particular genre that it covers (since like you said...anime can cover all sorts of different genres). My problem is with the stylistic choices, abundance and reliance on cliches, and general approach to whatever content they cover as being juvenile in sensibility. Even the anime that is supposed to be more mature still feels like it relies on the corny cliches that I just can't take seriously.

In this particular association with Nexo Knights, I'm speaking about the rumored stylistic choices. Many anime use the approach that throwing in mecha to any setting automatically makes it cooler. Lots of stylistic choices in anime are done with the notion that "looking cool" trumps many other points of consideration (which is unfortunate...because the common anime styling being "cool" is pretty debatable to begin with). That approach feels really shallow and flaky to me.

I have same opinion as you about anime! But you can't expect from Lego to make an action theme without mechs. They throw mechs in everywhere. I wouldn't be surprised if Elves get a mech too. I will wait for the pics to judge because I realize Klaus-Dieter didn't pay much attention to this theme.

Anyway this is now confirmed futuristic theme as many of us expected after seeing the logo. I guess those robots will have ability to transform into something else (not like in TLM sets, but literally) and that would explain why there are no other gimmicks like Spinjitzu, Speedors or Airjitzu.

I'm surprised Olivia hasn't invented a mech to terrorize Heartlake City with yet!

This is a toy, however. LEGO relies on cool-looking visuals and models, and supplements it with a story. Everything is done to appeal to children, so it's not going to make most AFOLs happy.

I'm surprised Olivia hasn't invented a mech to terrorize Heartlake City with yet!

LMAO, great idea! I think my daughter and I have a new project to work on.

I'd equate it to a particular style of movie or tv show, because that's what it is.

There are a lot of things that I can say about this (how I don't agree, yet how your opinion is very well substantiated), but instead I will just ask: is there a rumor about manga/anime styling for this theme?

I hope this theme will look better than it sounds

(Picture)

That picture actually makes a good point: if this theme were to make no sense at all, but it has some cool new features, I would already be pleased. Fingers crossed for cool new swords, figs or animals!

is there a rumor about manga/anime styling for this theme?

Not that I'm aware of. I was just pointing out correlations between anime and some of the rumored designs for this theme.

"THESE NEXO KNIGHTS TOYS ARE KIDS STUFF!!!!!"

Well, Yeah. I think the theme description establishes that. If it doesn't sound like your cup of tea, don't buy it.

What a massive reduction of the main point. Of course nobody is forcing anyone to buy anything, but what will be produced that is worth buying while power ranger Knights 2.0 are on the scene?

What a massive reduction of the main point. Of course nobody is forcing anyone to buy anything, but what will be produced that is worth buying while power ranger Knights 2.0 are on the scene?

There are other themes. I won't be surprised if a more normal Historical theme emerges as a two-to-three wave theme to please the traditional Castle consumers. Nobody said this was outright replacing historical Castle.

I found this:

rgcjddrnmpe2bcsfcxa6.png

But seriously, we need some pictures so we can stop debating the historical / futuristic, castle / not castle argument.

In my experience, "soon" has always meant: "not as soon as you think they are suggesting".

I highly doubt we'll get any pictures this month,even thought I hope I'm wrong.Maybe some leaked pictures of certain characters from some factories but as I said already I doubt we'll get anything else this month.

It would be a shame not to get any more information this month, there are still 3 weeks left in the month!

I hope someone is willing and able to share.