With a name like NEXO Knights, I'm wondering how many stores will be putting these on the shelves next to K'nex.

One of the Knights is called Robin...

You guys all picture Robin Hood upon hearing this.

That makes sense, I however immediately begin hearing the tune of "Brave Sir Robin Ran Away" from Monty Python and The Holy Grail... :laugh:

I hope these sets have lots of brick built stuff and not many panels or BURPS...

I'd love to have a Monty Python's Holy Grail theme! At least we wouldn't have to bother with robot or not robot horses :sweet:

You've seen the projectile guns and missiles....now make way for the projectile sword blades! (Sigh....)

Nexo Knights is TLG's take on Final Fantasy confirmed.

Edited by Isundir

Nexo Knights is TLG's take on Final Fantasy confirmed.

and what does that mean?

and what does that mean?

Gunblades. It was a joke referencing my joke about projectile swords.

Edited by thetang22

It's probably best not to joke in this thread using words like "confirmed". We're just too fragile for that right now.

Pulling a Nekchir and doing a "joke" that you are the only one in on is bad form. We are all a bit antsy right now, but if anything, everyone needs to relax and lighten up. Some relevant jokes about pop culture shouldn't be taboo. Not everyone is going to get it, but that's the nature of a joke. Making a "confirmed" joke in response to an outlandish statement isn't that rare on the Internet...and has previously happened in this very thread, if I'm not mistaken. A simple explanation if someone asks, and no harm done.

I agree with you to a point. But the truth is that "sunk costs" will win out over uniqueness or exclusivity. There is no way that they won't re-use that weapon after having spent R&D dollars on it and manufactured the molds. On the other hand, last year's stud "gatling-guns" were (I believe) exclusive to Star Wars for one wave before spreading to Ultra Agents and Ninjago for the 2015 summer wave. So, they might keep this exclusive to SW for a bit.

Those six-shooter pieces were in Bionicle sets as early as January... so in the U.S., at least, they were in non-licensed themes BEFORE they were in Star Wars. The bit about sunk costs isn't really pertinent, since it's not a question of whether LEGO would LIKE to use the part outside of LEGO Star Wars so much as whether they're ALLOWED to. They put plenty of money into developing lots of Star Wars parts, like Vader's new two-piece helmet, but they can't use them in other themes however much they'd like to since it's clearly based on a prop/costume piece that is Disney's intellectual property.

If the features were more ambiguous, like many of the Clone Wars hair pieces or the new spherical shoulder armor from the Star Wars constraction sets, then LEGO could more convincingly argue that the mold is their own intellectual property that they are free to use in any of their themes.

I'm not saying the Wookie bowcaster is DEFINITELY an IP-locked design. I'm just saying that at this time, it's not yet clear. Sometimes it can be surprising which parts are IP-locked and which are not.

It was mentioned in the past week or so (by just2good, if I remember correctly), that we should be getting more info this week. This is just a check-in about that comment, since we've passed the midway point of the week and still have yet to see anything. At least, I hope that wasn't in reference to the Power Rules book...as that wasn't really anything of substance.

Those six-shooter pieces were in Bionicle sets as early as January... so in the U.S., at least, they were in non-licensed themes BEFORE they were in Star Wars. The bit about sunk costs isn't really pertinent, since it's not a question of whether LEGO would LIKE to use the part outside of LEGO Star Wars so much as whether they're ALLOWED to. They put plenty of money into developing lots of Star Wars parts, like Vader's new two-piece helmet, but they can't use them in other themes however much they'd like to since it's clearly based on a prop/costume piece that is Disney's intellectual property.

If the features were more ambiguous, like many of the Clone Wars hair pieces or the new spherical shoulder armor from the Star Wars constraction sets, then LEGO could more convincingly argue that the mold is their own intellectual property that they are free to use in any of their themes.

I'm not saying the Wookie bowcaster is DEFINITELY an IP-locked design. I'm just saying that at this time, it's not yet clear. Sometimes it can be surprising which parts are IP-locked and which are not.

Okay, my bad. You're right. I forgot about the bionicle protector figs. And agreed on the Disney I.P. issue. They are very vigorous when it comes to their protection of their I.P.! As for the bowcaster making an appearance in Nexo Knights or any other theme (I could see it making it's way into the Ninjago sky pirates wave) I guess that remains to be seen.

Since BrickJagger and amazingbricks were the one's who started the discussion on this, perhaps they can elaborate as to whether they were speculating or if they actually obtained this info from their sources.

IP is why we haven't seen the baldric piece outside of POTC and The Lone Ranger, even though it is generic. Here's hoping that TLG has designed a waist piece to produce the effect. It shouldn't be hard, given the waist pieces already designed.

It means don't take anything too seriously.

It means that this thread is filled with jibber jabber.

It also was a valid question as the word confirmed is best to avoid until we've got pictures and it was answered by another member. So definitely no need for a response like this.

It means that this thread is filled with jibber jabber.

Of all the posts in this thread, this is the one with the least speculation, and the most truth! :laugh:

To bring some relevancy to this sub, (if not this thread) I did get to design the Chima Lion Castle, which is the first yellow castle since 1978 and I threw in a few homages to the original, which was designed by my neighbour and friend, retired LEGO Designer Daniel Krentz, and it got his seal of approval, so that was nice!

Now this is the most interesting thing to me so far in this thread. What are the homages to the 1978 castle in the Chima Lion Castle?

and in a futile attempt to make it on topic, what can we deduce about the new Nexo sets and possible homages in them from this information?

-Tohst. Really I tried.

Since I'm bored and thought it'd be useful, here's a quick summary of everything we know.

Maybe BrickJagger could add this to the first post and a mod could rename this thread Nexo Knights 2016? :tongue:

38FPo8V.png

70310 Knighton Disc Launchers - $9.99

70311 Chaos Catapult - $9.99

70313 Moltor's Lava Launcher - $19.99

70312 Lance's Robo Horse - $19.99

70315 Clay's Blade Cruiser - $39.99

70316 Jestro's Companions of Darkness - $49.99

-

-

70324 Confidential BB PT MDP?

70325 Confidential BB PT MDP 2

70326 BB PT MDP 4

70327 Confidential BB PT MDP 4

-

-

70330 Ultimate Clay

70331 Ultimate Macy

70332 Ultimate Aaron

70333 Ultimate Robin

70334 Ultimate Monster Masher

70335 Ultimate Lavaria

-

70340 'Cannot be re used'

70341 'Cannot be re used'

Other:

- Ultimate sets are figure / accessory packs, all $9.99

- Mobile fortress set

Edited by CM4Sci

Judging by these names, it seems like we're going to get some cringe-worthy, childish stuff like the Ninjago spinners and whatever those Chima things were. But I hope we'll at least get some good parts out of this. That's all I really buy sets for anyways.

Judging by these names, it seems like we're going to get some cringe-worthy ZANY, childish FUN stuff like the Ninjago spinners and whatever those Chima things were. But I hope we'll at least get some good parts out of this. That's all I really buy sets for anyways.

Fixed that for you. Frankly, I think anyone AFOL who complains about Lego—a children's toy—being "childish" needs to take a good, hard look at what they're doing with their lives.

Edited by Lyichir

Since I'm bored and thought it'd be useful, here's a quick summary of everything we know.

You must be really bored. Why would I put the same info into the first post twice? :tongue:

70317 must be the Mobile Castle. I wonder what those other ones labled "MDP" are. How do we know they're NK sets and not something else?

I am starving for pictures. :sadnew:

I agree. PEOPLE, WE ARE ONLY LEGO'S TARGET AUDIENCE 10% OF THE TIME! LEGO is first and foremost marketed to children, and good for them if an older collector shows interest. What I appreciate is that a set as simplistic as Juniors can still include something for us to appreciate and seek after. I would save the complaints, because we might be pleasantly surprised.

So....about that supposed update for this week...

(this thread has been a regurgitation of the same info and opinions being cycled by different people for the past "I don't know how many" pages....we need something of substance, like was hinted at for this week).

Maybe ... a mod could rename this thread Nexo Knights 2016?

Maybe you could stop making this suggestion?