In the absence of set pics/descriptions, I have been trying to figure out what the series unifying theme or "gimmick" might be. The theme which Nexo Knights is supposed to replace, Chima, had the name of its location in the title and the resource that the factions were fighting for as the root word of the location. In other words, the theme name gave away some details about the sets.

I think the title Nexo Knights refers to the name or type of the group of knights in the theme as opposed to the location of the theme. Given the set name in the leaked list, I think that the location of the theme will be "Knighton" or at least that is the name of the Nexo Knight's country/city. For what it's worth, vocabulary.com defines the word Nexo as "shifting from one form of transportation to another" or "a fastener that serves to join or connect". Well, the second definition plays into the fact that this is Lego we are talking about here. That leaves us with the first definition. Which leads me to believe that the sets may have a gimmick where they can transform from one mode of transport to another (land to air for example).

This might also help to explain the function of the rumored (?) "Walking Fortress" set ( I believe that other members besides Nekchir mentioned this set?). Perhaps the legs are retractable so that the fortress set can be a stationary base or a moving walker-like vehicle. The Nexo Knights themselves may possess this ability which could be what we are looking at with the Ultimate Sets. Several "in the know" board members have stated that these sets are "minifigs with accessories". Perhaps the accessories are designed to transform the minifig somehow and give it powers of flight or extreme ground speed. I imagine such a transformation will be technological in nature via mechanized parts but it could also be magical.

Edited by TPLSTER21

I believe some of the Bionicle characters have this as well, with transforming weapons, or weapons that transform into transports (the water one has blades that transform into gliders that attach to the feet).

I think the accessories bit refers to being able to add things to the knights' armor or weapons to upgrade them, which ties back to the Nexo idea that has been referred to. It may not be a full-blown mech suit, but some sort of armor enhancement.

Chrome robot horse! :wink: :wink:

Don't tease. This would be awesome. :oh: Not Castle, but awesome.

Edited by rodiziorobs

Judging by the logo and the way the sword and shield looks, I think the Nexo Knights are futuristic knights and as far as transforming sets go TLG has made plenty of them, with Chima,Ultra Agents, Ninjago and Alpha team 3

20471360210_86bf78f2bd.jpg

70146-1.jpg34965556-LEGO-ultra-agents-hurricane-heist-04.jpg

lego_70738_sec_prod_744.png?l.r2=713184344743-1.ImageL.thumb2.jpg

I am also wondering what the new gimmick will be, maybe some type of sword related thing?

Also what if Nekchir was actually telling the truth but LEGO made him shut up... :laugh:

I am also wondering what the new gimmick will be, maybe some type of sword related thing?

You've seen the projectile guns and missiles....now make way for the projectile sword blades! (Sigh....)

Also what if Nekchir was actually telling the truth but LEGO made him shut up... :laugh:

AKA Speedorz/Spinners/Airjitzu?

There won't be one. Don't think, at least.

You've seen the projectile guns and missiles....now make way for the projectile sword blades! (Sigh....)

star-wars-minifigs.jpg

Not projectile sword blades...... projectile crossbows. :wink:

Does it really make sense to expect to see Chewie's new bowcaster in another theme? I mean, it's pretty obviously based on the Star Wars prop and doesn't resemble a real-world bow at all, so I think it would be locked about as firmly to the Star Wars theme as the clone trooper pistols and helmets. If the LEGO version were designed with a more generic crossbow look it might be a completely different story. But it's not.

Plot twist!

Does it really make sense to expect to see Chewie's new bowcaster in another theme? I mean, it's pretty obviously based on the Star Wars prop and doesn't resemble a real-world bow at all, so I think it would be locked about as firmly to the Star Wars theme as the clone trooper pistols and helmets. If the LEGO version were designed with a more generic crossbow look it might be a completely different story. But it's not.

I agree with you to a point. But the truth is that "sunk costs" will win out over uniqueness or exclusivity. There is no way that they won't re-use that weapon after having spent R&D dollars on it and manufactured the molds. On the other hand, last year's stud "gatling-guns" were (I believe) exclusive to Star Wars for one wave before spreading to Ultra Agents and Ninjago for the 2015 summer wave. So, they might keep this exclusive to SW for a bit. But then again, if Robin's weapon is a bow I can totally see them giving him/her this weapon instead of the one piece bow & arrow weapon that we have seen in other medieval sets.

Compare it with Hulk_Smash's descriptions ?

Sorry, did I miss something? Compare what to his descriptions of what? I thought he only posted about SW and Super Hero sets...?

One of the Knights is called Robin...

You guys all picture Robin Hood upon hearing this.

That makes sense, I however immediately begin hearing the tune of "Brave Sir Robin Ran Away" from Monty Python and The Holy Grail... :laugh:

I hope these sets have lots of brick built stuff and not many panels or BURPS...