Dug up my sole Jellybean Knight. Nexo Rider. :wacko:

r69E4Yk.jpg

And had a learning experience with image linking. :grin:

Edited by Gadzooks

Wow, what a development. I thought that an increase by 16 pages since I was last here meant pics were available.

Im among those that are more or less glad that Nekchirs rumors arent legit. tran-yellow armor and helmets? No thanks.

Was the fortress on legs and wheels also part of his rumors or is this from another source?

Not sure what to think about that logo. Could simply be polished metal, as in weapons and armor, not necessarily anything too futuristic. Although the "font" doesnt give me much hope... :sceptic:

Wow, what a development. I thought that an increase by 16 pages since I was last here meant pics were available.

Im among those that are more or less glad that Nekchirs rumors arent legit. tran-yellow armor and helmets? No thanks.

Was the fortress on legs and wheels also part of his rumors or is this from another source?

Not sure what to think about that logo. Could simply be polished metal, as in weapons and armor, not necessarily anything too futuristic. Although the "font" doesnt give me much hope... :sceptic:

Logo and set list are the only legitimate news we have.

- a minifig with some kind of mech suit or exo skeleton - a "NEXO-skeleton"?????

Talking about that - just searched the old Exo-Force sets on Brickset. The smallest of the bunch (such as Cyclone Defender or River Dragon ) cost less than 9,99 - the suggested retail price for the Ultimate sets. So, if they are indeed mechs (and not AF, like they did in Chima) - then they are bigger than those sets. And that gives me hope.

[sNIP] Another question to my fellow Eurobrickers: Does having Mark Stafford on make this line potentially more or less promising?

Well as no one else answered your question. If this theme even exists, I hope always more promising. :)

Well as no one else answered your question. If this theme even exists, I hope always more promising. :)

Now I'm even more excited...

Talking about that - just searched the old Exo-Force sets on Brickset. The smallest of the bunch (such as Cyclone Defender or River Dragon ) cost less than 9,99 - the suggested retail price for the Ultimate sets. So, if they are indeed mechs (and not AF, like they did in Chima) - then they are bigger than those sets. And that gives me hope.

It's been confirmed multiple times by those in the know that they're battle packs like the tribe sets and troop sets of Chima and SW.

It's been confirmed multiple times by those in the know that they're battle packs like the tribe sets and troop sets of Chima and SW.

Man, that fracking sucks. That's the only news, isn't it ?

It hasn't- I've only heard accessory packs. Not those type of battle packs (which, they could be, but we'll see).

Edited by just2good

I really hope those Ultimate sets are not mechs. When I think ultimate knight set I think this:

7009-1.jpg?200706210242

That was only $7.99 when it came out so I can see something similar at a $9.99 price point. One of the set names specifically states it has a robo-horse so that makes me hope the rest are regular horses. (Maybe we will finally get some new color horses like dark brown or dark tan.)

The last two castle themes had a glaring lack of a small knight on horseback sets like this too. (Seriosly what kind if knight doesn't have a horse.) If they throw in a squire or other generic gaurd matching the hearalrdy of the knight it would be amazing. If there is no horse, I would love it if these were similar to Chima tribe packs. Those were the best sets of that theme.

But really I am hoping for 7009 Final Joust style "ultimate" sets. If the heraldry is good that would make the theme for me.

(For the record I bought nine copies of 7009 back when it was out so maybe my wallet doesn't want awesome sets like that.)

It hasn't- we've only said accessory packs. Not those type of battle packs (which, they could be, but we'll see).

But what does that mean? What constitutes as an accessory?

I would actually much rather see this theme be a mix between KKII and Chima than have another wave smiliar to 2013 Castle. At least this way, we might actually see some innovation.

:innocent:

But what does that mean? What constitutes as an accessory?

Practically, even a Exo-Skeleton is an accessory . :grin:

I would actually much rather see this theme be a mix between KKII and Chima than have another wave smiliar to 2013 Castle. At least this way, we might actually see some innovation.

Only darker, crazier and with less bright/flashy colors. And a bit more cyber-punky.

Kingdoms 2 pls..... (quality wise) and add 2 factions similar to wolf clan and forestmen etc....... and make it a 3 year series of releases with 8 sets per release :P

Lots of dark gray, brown, forest type, buildings, and good castle (or castle ruins)

All i need and wish for ever since 1990s

Kingdoms 2 pls..... (quality wise) and add 2 factions similar to wolf clan and forestmen etc....... and make it a 3 year series of releases with 8 sets per release :P

Lots of dark gray, brown, forest type, buildings, and good castle (or castle ruins)

All i need and wish for ever since 1990s

Sorry to dissapoint you, but for all we know (and because Lego firmly believes that AFOL's don't exist ), it will be Jellybean Knights G2.

and because Lego firmly believes that AFOL's don't exist

I don't know about that...

Yea I have gone back and bought some older sets since I just started collecting but have avoided the jelly bean line. Just not interesting to me and way too colorful.

I hope Nexo Knights is a huge success, but I'm also in the hopes we get a more traditional Castle theme in the next few years. Chima and Ninjago look really cool, and lots of fun, but I'm more of a traditional European medieval/fantasy kind of AFOL.

I'm honestly glad LEGO's doing this. Castle 2013 proved that they're out of ideas for a traditional medieval/fantasy Castle theme, and by doing this, they're ensuring that there won't be complaints about unoriginality. We've had fantasy, historical, and a lazy mash-up, so how would they make an original medieval theme without removing the castle aspect of it?

how would they make an original medieval theme without removing the castle aspect of it?

Really? You can't imagine an original way of doing a new "Castle" theme without removing the castle influences?

Just look at the ENORMOUS collection of source material you could take influence from through pop culture and entertainment. Lots of books, movies, and video games that provide unique interpretations of medieval fantasy without feeling the need to remove medieval castle influence from the equation. Heck, pick any one of the many D&D/Pathfinder settings, and you've got a ton of ways to do Medieval fantasy that Lego hasn't touched on.

In the grand scheme of things, Lego has barely tapped the possibilities within the genre of medieval fantasy.

Really? You can't imagine an original way of doing a new "Castle" theme without removing the castle influences?

Just look at the ENORMOUS collection of source material you could take influence from through pop culture and entertainment. Lots of books, movies, and video games that provide unique interpretations of medieval fantasy without feeling the need to remove medieval castle influence from the equation. Heck, pick any one of the many D&D/Pathfinder settings, and you've got a ton of ways to do Medieval fantasy that Lego hasn't touched on.

In the grand scheme of things, Lego has barely tapped the possibilities within the genre of medieval fantasy.

You're right about that. Wouldn't it be nice if TLG made a 'modular building' series of castle/village structures for us AFOLs? I'm sure there would be a market for it.

You're right about that. Wouldn't it be nice if TLG made a 'modular building' series of castle/village structures for us AFOLs? I'm sure there would be a market for it.

There absolutely would be, and I would be at the front of the line! This is what I've been hoping to see ever since I saw the first Creator Expert Modular Building.