Deathleech, I think you are taking this too far. It's not that important. Can we move on from this? I mean I agree with you mostly but I don't understand why you feel the need to beat BrickJagger into submission. You've stated these points time and again and it feels like you won't stop until he says "You are right, I was wrong" and stops making his own claims. This is the big problem with forum flame wars.

I responded to and addressed BrickJagger twice. I hardly would say that's beating him into submission and I never was rude. Every other post I made (a whole two more) were in response to other forum members' comments. They kept saying BrickJagger's initial post only hinted at the 2016 Castle theme being like Fantasy Era, I pointed out he said it was "a lot like it" so that wasn't really true. Regardless it's not like it was 2 full pages of people asking for a PM :wacko:

As for it being important? I think it kind of is. If the manager has any future info I want to know how credible it will be. I was really looking forward to something similar to Fantasy Era (as were many others), so I am kind of disappointed about what this theme actually seems to be shaping up to.

Edited by Deathleech

I don't mind color coded knights, but there is a good and bad way of doing this.

The bad way would be the jellybean way. Bright, flashy colors everywhere.

The good way would be to use subtle colors, like dark red, dark blue, dark green, etc.

I have a bad feeling this is going to be bright and flashy, with neon trans colors everywhere.

A variety of heraldry would be great, though. That was something I liked in KKII. And finally, the armor, helmets, and weapons should all be in metallic colors, like real armor. The multi-colored armor was something that I didn't like from KKII.

Since Nexo Knights is set in the future, does that mean we will see Castles made out of metal (or tons of silver parts)?

Could we rename this topic as "KK2 - Memorial thread" ? :tongue:

Edited by Robert8

I responded to and addressed BrickJagger twice. I hardly would say that's beating him into submission and I never was rude. Every other post I made (a whole two more) were in response to other forum members' comments. They kept saying BrickJagger's initial post only hinted at the 2016 Castle theme being like Fantasy Era, I pointed out he said it was "a lot like it" so that wasn't really true. Regardless it's not like it was 2 full pages of people asking for a PM :wacko:

As for it being important? I think it kind of is. If the manager has any future info I want to know how credible it will be. I was really looking forward to something similar to Fantasy Era (as were many others), so I am kind of disappointed about what this theme actually seems to be shaping up to.

I may have thought it was you who had tackled this more than once earlier in the thread. Sorry if I confused you with someone else.

You can colour-code and uniquely identify the main heroes by having a particular arm colour & facial print and nothing else. Nice unique shields (with that certain identifiable colour) would be good too. TLG won't do it because the target audience is children, but that is what I would like if we had multiple hero knights. It would give us the means to have armies of the same guy (if we bought multiples of sets) without them looking like armies of the same guy.

Or maybe that what the troll said?

Can't say we haven't gotten trolls with this theme ;)

:laugh:

Part of the problem is knights generally wear helmets so the facial print and different hair might be covered up in a number of sets they appear in. Lego could give them each distinct new helm molds, but just changing the colors is cheaper for them.

Nexo Knights...When I think about it it does indeed sound like the name of a "cyber-punk" american "anime" cartoon from late 90's - early 2000's. Something about people with powers that have to battle some mega-villain who wants to (or has already) conquer(ed) their country . Something "grim-dark" and with a "treathing" baddy with laser-swords and cheap "fantasy" thrown into the mix.

But knowing Lego, it would be most-likely another Ninjago, with dumb villains, a extremly basic plot and lost of bright colors.

BTW, say that I'm not the only one who hopes that these "ultimate" sets will turn out to be mecha's for the main characters.

Edited by Frozen Assasin

Part of the problem is knights generally wear helmets so the facial print and different hair might be covered up in a number of sets they appear in. Lego could give them each distinct new helm molds, but just changing the colors is cheaper for them.

Distinct visors were a part of KKII, and the molds themselves were great, albeit bulky. I just didn't like them being color coded in such bright colors. It would be nice to see visor molds in metallic colors, like Sir Kentis & Sir Adric, arguably among the better looking minifigures from KKII.

Edited by x105Black

BTW, say that I'm not the only one who hopes that these "ultimate" sets will turn out to be mecha's for the main characters.

I believe it's been confirmed that they're just weapon/battle packs like Ninjago's Spinjitzu sets. :/

Sad because I agree. Mech suits utilizing the Mixel balljoints would be divine.

Kalhiki, it was only "confirmed" by someone who pretended to have a catalog. A lot of the news we had in this thread was a fake. The only hard info we have is the incomplete list of sets on German Amazon and a logo.

I believe it's been confirmed that they're just weapon/battle packs like Ninjago's Spinjitzu sets. :/

Sad because I agree. Mech suits utilizing the Mixel balljoints would be divine.

Kalhiki, it was only "confirmed" by someone who pretended to have a catalog. A lot of the news we had in this thread was a fake. The only hard info we have is the incomplete list of sets on German Amazon and a logo.

At this point, it's hard to filter the legit news from the fake news. :sceptic:

At this point, from what I can recall, members that have "insider connections" have reported that the Ultimate sets are minifig's with various weapons and accessories. Not constraction figures. The price point is a bit too low for them to be constraction figures. I believe the same members mentioned these are not "gimmick" sets like spinjitzu or the Chima speedorz.

We know that they will retail for 9.99. So, we are looking at a rough piece count of 75-95 or somewhere thereabouts. So based on the selling price and projected piece count, there is no way that this is just a minifig with a few weapons and a stand. There has to be some kind of build-able item. The "exo-skeleton/mixel joint mech" theory is just that, a speculation that no one with any insider knowledge has confirmed. Having said that, I think these sets could be:

- a minifig with several weapons including a larger build-able weapon with a shooter function

- a minifig with several weapons and a small vehicle of some sort

- a minifig with some kind of mech suit or exo skeleton - a "NEXO-skeleton"?????

- a minifig with some kind of "beast" or since they are knights a "mount" of some sort

If anyone who posted about the Ultimate packs being minifigs with "stuff" vs. constraction figures, please feel free to confirm or point out the error of my ways as I'm going from memory here. And at this point, we might also want to flush the fake news out of the thread.

Edited by TPLSTER21

"Ultimates" sure don't sound like accessory packs. It seems to refer to an upgraded hero, like a mech or constraction figure.

"Ultimates" sure don't sound like accessory packs. It seems to refer to an upgraded hero, like a mech or constraction figure.

They are accessory packs, truuusssttt meeeeeeee :classic:

I got a constraction figure feel when I heard the names and it makes sense in my mind that it would be a "big fig" like the marvel(?) ones they did. I am of course hoping that they will be "Nexo-skeletons"(if they are exo-skeletal please can we call them that). Also hoping that they don't do the single colour jellybean thing. One can hope that they have learnt better colour usage through Ninjago.

Man,how cool does 'Nexo Skeletons' sound?? Maybe not in this initial wave, but perhaps a future wave? :D

So quick question. From what I have read it seems most people did not like the castle 2013 sets, why is that? I really liked them hower those were the first castle theme I collected. I always wanted castle when I was a kid but my parents would not buy them for me. Then I got away from Lego for a long while and am now collecting. For me 2013 castle was great but was it too plain? Nothing new? It seems like a lot of people here buy for MOC as well not to actually build the sets. Okay that ended up being several questions.

So quick question. From what I have read it seems most people did not like the castle 2013 sets, why is that? I really liked them hower those were the first castle theme I collected. I always wanted castle when I was a kid but my parents would not buy them for me. Then I got away from Lego for a long while and am now collecting. For me 2013 castle was great but was it too plain? Nothing new? It seems like a lot of people here buy for MOC as well not to actually build the sets. Okay that ended up being several questions.

I think its because it was "just" a basic castle theme with no new innovations and many people disliked the bright colours of the soldiers (both fractions). I was skeptical to at first, but I started to like them more after buying one set, and ended up with the whole wave completed with several multiple sets. :laugh:

Most people considered the 2013 sets to be too junior-ized.

All of those reasons. Add to that the heraldry designs, which paled in comparison to Kingdoms even though it was still lions vs dragons. The cherry on top? No nice civilian sets like MMV or MVR.

I felt that the 2013 Castle sets were lacking, but I still enjoyed them. It had been a while since I had collected any Castle, so it was a great place to start.

As for the brightly colored soldiers, I switched out the red arms on my dragon knights with dark red, and they look so much better.

Here are comparisons of three castles:

Dark colors, large castle, great minifigures and a dragon.

brickpicker_set_7094_1.jpg

Bright colors, simplistic design, came after more realistic knights.

981-2189.jpg

Good design, great minifigures, good villains.

Lego+7946.jpg

Plus it was competing with these.

lego-9474-batalla-abismo-helm-p-PLEG9474.21.jpegLEGO-Lord-of-the-Rings-Tower-of-Orthanc-2.jpg