So at those prices that's roughly $200 for the whole wave, that's not too bad. Is it possible to have nice, complex sets that are that cheap make up a good theme?

This is why mods don't change things on someone's word or on rumor.

This is why I said to take all insider info with a grain of salt.

This is why I said in jest we should wait for the pictures before we decide this is going to ruin castle forever and declare Lego has lost its mind.

This is why we should stay on topic and not go nuts when someone claims to have info.

This is why we don't post our E-mail addresses on the public forum.

This is why we should get back to discussing the theme with a skeptical eye until we have some actual images.

So at those prices that's roughly $200 for the whole wave, that's not too bad. Is it possible to have nice, complex sets that are that cheap make up a good theme?

Don't forget the mobile fortress and the retailer exclusive set. Those were already reported before Trollchir picked up on it.

Hello all just created a profile but have been reading this thread for awhile now. Crazy last couple of days on it but hopefully we get some real information soon. Just wanted to say hi finally!!

Actually I made the logo in photoshop and the theme name is made up too.

Just kidding, but I wish it were true. That logo is so horribly clichéd, like terrible 90s sci-fi. Nexo is a terrible name and the alliteration does NOT roll of the tongue smoothly.

Edited by Naijel

Actually I made the logo in photoshop and the theme name is made up too.

Just kidding, but I wish it were true. That logo is so horribly clichéd, like terrible 90s sci-fi. Nexo is a terrible name and the alliteration does NOT roll of the tongue smoothly.

You may want to be careful even with the jokes right now.

In a way I am glad this happened. We tend to go crazy when someone reports inside info, even when it is not true. Be skeptical of anyone claiming to have inside info and calm down. We can discuss rumors and if they seem legit, but all the requests for PMs and E-mails was getting nutso.

Looking back at this thread, there has been a lot of mod activity from me and others. It is clear this is important to many of you, but it is also clear our passions have often been getting the best of us. Please make sure we stay on topic and your behavior is inline with the site rules.

You may want to be careful even with the jokes right now.

In a way I am glad this happened. We tend to go crazy when someone reports inside info, even when it is not true. Be skeptical of anyone claiming to have inside info and calm down. We can discuss rumors and if they seem legit, but all the requests for PMs and E-mails was getting nutso.

Looking back at this thread, there has been a lot of mod activity from me and others. It is clear this is important to many of you, but it is also clear our passions have often been getting the best of us. Please make sure we stay on topic and your behavior is inline with the site rules.

Yeah, I guess this was sort of an experiment. I think this is the most we've ever gone.. "crazy" over someone having prelims/leaks/etc. Reminder for the future. :shrug_oh_well:

I think people would respect you more if you changed your attitude just a bit. Nothing wrong with a joke. This place could use some humor after all the recent developments.

I agree ZCerberus. I'm glad this happened. I've been shocked at people's ability to build beliefs on implausible rumors. Chances are the original poster did hear something from a store manager but that the manager had no actual clue and that it's just by co-incidence that this new theme is somewhat castle related.

To the original poster, even if a store manager told me what you claimed there is no way I would consider it plausible and reliable information and no way I would post it.

Edited by Naijel

I agree ZCerberus. I'm glad this happened. I've been shocked at people's ability to build beliefs on implausible rumors. Chances are the original poster did hear something from a store manager but that the manager had no actual clue and that it's just by co-incidence that this new theme is somewhat castle related.

To the original poster, even if a store manager told me what you claimed there is no way I would consider it plausible and reliable information and no way I would post it.

Warning: Small Novel Ahead.

Whelp, I'm going to have to respond to this.......

That store manager was basically correct, and he had no way to know what this line really was. He said he got a memo from Lego. Probably true.

It probably went something along the lines of this:

"We are currently in the final stages of developing a new techno-fantasy theme, which features the Heroic Knights, lead by Aaron and Clay, as they battle the evil Jestro and his army of Lava Monsters. This theme is expected to have wide appeal and sell in the same bracket as Legends of Chima and Ninjago, becoming one of our largest themes."

^ Keep in mind, this is not a real quote, just something I wrote up to simulate the memo based on what he told me.

Being a lowly store manager, he probably picked the words Fantasy, Knights, and Lava Monsters out of that and assumed it was a continuation of Fantasy Era.

I wouldn't blame him. The fact is, I'm pretty happy that I was able to get that info almost a full year in advance (Might be some sort of record, but who knows?) and report it to you guys. He really wasn't too far off with what he said.

I forgot to mention in the OP that he said although the dates given were late 2015-mid 2016, January was the most likely. <-- Hard to believe that I still remember that, but trust me, he did.

So he even got the release date right, which would be a heck of a "guess" considering every single Castle wave for a decade prior had a summer release date.

Finally, for some odd reason, I've haven't seen him since. I've been to that store six or seven times since then, twice in the morning, when his shift was, and didn't see him. TLG has eyes on the back of their head.... :laugh:

I had ample reason to post that, and I don't regret doing so. Never had any doubt.

Hopefully that's good enough for ya'. :classic:

Edited by BrickJagger

Yes, that is fairly plausible. However, to counter that, new sets generally launch at particular times so there is nothing special about that. Secondly, I don't really get why they would tell the manager. It's not like the manager needs to know or needs to decide whether they will carry the product. You run a LEGO store, you sell the product head office sends you and you don't really decide anything about that.

The big thing for me is that generally people far from product development are generally not told info in order to combat leaks. Give TLGs general amount of secrecy it really seems implausible to me that a store manager would get this info that far out. I could be wrong, it's just my feeling.

Edited by Naijel

Man, too bad the set list and logo couldn't also be someone's fake info.

Yes, that is fairly plausible. However, to counter that, new sets generally launch at particular times so there is nothing special about that. Secondly, I don't really get why they would tell the manager. It's not like the manager needs to know or needs to decide whether they will carry the product. You run a LEGO store, you sell the product head office gives you. The big thing for me is that generally people far from product development are generally not told info in order to combat leaks. Give TLGs general amount of secrecy it really seems implausible to me that a store manager would get this info that far out. I could be wrong, it's just my feeling.

It's expected to be pretty huge, so TLG was probably just giving them a heads-up on what was going on in Denmark so they didn't feel shut out.

A good example of store managers having info comes from the Kingdoms 2011 topic on this very site. If my memory serves me right (It's been awhile since I read that one) the user that leaked the pictures took shots of the retailer catalog in the Lego store, which the manager was showing to him.

Also, J2G told me that store managers do get that kind of stuff. So there's that. :tongue:

EDIT: Here's a link to that post in the 2011 thread, in order to prevent feverish searching. Note the reactions from the mods. Different now, eh? :grin:

Edited by BrickJagger

I have to say I'm glad we initially thought Fantasy Era was coming back because that rumor got an overwhelming response everywhere.

I hope someone on TLG noticed it. Maybe they could consider it for a future Castle release.

I'm just happy that the possibility exists that the robo-horse could be a standard Lego horse with techno printing, or even better stickers that can be left off if you choose.

I'm torn now. I have the possibility that I could have Fess (FCC 651919) in Lego, but my current build needs are for a horse w/out the add-ons. Eh, I'll just Bricklink the regular ones later.

I wouldn't blame him. The fact is, I'm pretty happy that I was able to get that info almost a full year in advance (Might be some sort of record, but who knows?) and report it to you guys. He really wasn't too far off with what he said.

Ehh, no offense but I totally disagree. Based on the logo and info we have heard, this line doesn't really sound anything like what your manager was originally describing. It was supposed to be an extremely similar follow up to Fantasy Era? Fantasy Era didn't have lava monsters or a group of named colored-coded knights like Ninjago though. FE also didn't have any steam punk or futuristic aspects. Literally nothing about Nexo Knights seems to resemble what you originally reported. I believe you heard it from a manager, but he didn't seem to have ANY real info himself other than a new Castle theme was coming in 2016, and that was pretty much expected by everyone anyways.

Ehh, no offense but I totally disagree. Based on the logo and info we have heard, this line doesn't really sound anything like what your manager was originally describing. It was supposed to be an extremely similar follow up to Fantasy Era? Fantasy Era didn't have lava monsters or a group of named colored-coded knights like Ninjago though. FE also didn't have any steam punk or futuristic aspects. Literally nothing about Nexo Knights seems to resemble what you originally reported. I believe you heard it from a manager, but he didn't seem to have ANY real info himself other than a new Castle theme was coming in 2016, and that was pretty much expected by everyone anyways.

like the Castle theme from a few years ago, the one with the Dwarves and Trolls

at least one of the factions will be fantasy based

All the rest of the "manager's descriptions" have been our assumptions based on those 2 statements. The first statement could be referring to anything, like "it will have a lot of sets over a number of years" or "the bad guys won't be humans" or "lots of browns & speckled colours" or anything really. The second statement seems obvious.

like the Castle theme from a few years ago, the one with the Dwarves and Trolls

at least one of the factions will be fantasy based

All the rest of the "manager's descriptions" have been our assumptions based on those 2 statements. The first statement could be referring to anything, like "it will have a lot of sets over a number of years" or "the bad guys won't be humans" or "lots of browns & speckled colours" or anything really. The second statement seems obvious.

I am pretty sure he mentioned it being similar to the Fantasy Era theme at least a few times. It doesn't sound anything "like" the Castle theme from a few years ago with trolls and dwarves though. It sounds more like KKII, or really Castle done in an adventure, Ninjago style. I mean at this point we pretty much know it is going to center around five main good characters who will most likely all be represented by a different color? FE didn't have that at all, it was mostly generic human troops and dwarves vs trolls and undead. There also is the steam punk or sci fi element, which wasn't presented in FE at all besides one or two huge machines the dwarves and trolls had.

It would be like saying the 2013 Castle theme is similar to the Vikings theme because both have dragons. While that is technically true, that's pretty much where the similarities stop. The statement couldn't be further from the truth. When I think fantasy era, I think traditional orcs/trolls/goblins, undead, dwarves, knights, and elves (being added in). While it's true lava monsters are technically fantasy, I don't think they were what any of us were really expecting nor are they similar to the FE we got a few years back which was more traditional medieval creatures. More importantly than all of this though, there was absolutely no mention of it being centered around 5 main good characters and more an action theme like Ninjago. That seems like it's kind of a big deal to miss considering that's going to be one of the main points of the theme?

If I were describing Nexo Knights, based on what we currently know, I would describe it as an action adventure Castle theme with hints of sci-fi and following a similar formula to Ninjago. I definitely wouldn't relate it to FE Castle.

Edited by Deathleech

^^This

I have to say I'm glad we initially thought Fantasy Era was coming back because that rumor got an overwhelming response everywhere.

I hope someone on TLG noticed it. Maybe they could consider it for a future Castle release.

If they are planning for a Ninjago/Chima kind of theme, then I'm afraid that "future" is going to be a rather distant future. I'd really really love to get a real Castle theme along with nexo Knight, with Nexo Knights being the new action theme/Chima replacement and Castle actually being Castle, but I guess that's not going to happen. :sceptic:

It was never really said that it would be "extremely" like FE from what I remember...but I could see how someone would think that with how much hype and momentum was built off of the initial comment.

Color-coded Knights was Trollchir's remark...so that's nothing to put stock into until further evidence suggests so.

Lava Monsters are the sort of enemy that fits very easily into Fantasy entertainment, so while they didn't exist in the original FE, they could have without feeling out of place.

Steampunk/Futuristic could be a valid argument, but we don't have any pics to go on, so we have no idea to what extent either of those 2 things are included. All of the info from the past few days that suggested heavy futuristic influence was Trollchir's fake info...so we are back to square 1. And even if it did have some light influences from steampunk and/or futuristic, it could still feel similar to FE due to plenty of other factors.

It could be "like" FE for the simple fact that this Nexo Knights theme sounds like humans vs fantasy monsters...which is something that was primarily FE until now. Sure, there have been a handful of non-human bad guys with ghosts and dragons, for instance...but Castle has been pretty much humans vs humans through the majority of history. This one detail alone gives a pretty big connection to FE, which I could see as a pretty good basis for people saying it's similar.

Edited by thetang22

this, exactly this :D

Eurobrickers: Does having Mark Stafford on make this line potentially more or less promising?

Much, much less (to me). I looked at the sets he designed and i like them, but to my mind he might be one of the worst designers for a castle theme, what with all the mechs and stuff. But this won't even be a castle theme right? I got the impression this is action, like ninjago an chima. Or maybe that what the troll said?

Can't say we haven't gotten trolls with this theme ;)

Personally, I was really excited when I first heard about new Castle in 2016. Now it doesn't really seem like it will be Castle enough, and I'm a bit disappointed. It sounds like there is too much technology. I'm still hoping that there will be great, useful pieces and minifigures in great, useful colors. I expect a lot of trans, and I expect them to re-use the Chima armor, but that's because I expect the worst at this point.

I wonder when a real Castle theme will be back on shelves.