Deal. :laugh:

Awesome! Now I'm actually excited either way this goes. Thanks for being a good sport, and....

HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS!?

LOL

Awesome! Now I'm actually excited either way this goes. Thanks for being a good sport, and....

HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS!?

LOL

Funny thing is I'm also a Pittsburgh Steelers fan. Please don't kill me. :grin:

@J2G Ssssh. Don't make me change it right now! On second though, never mind, I'd sacrifice my Avi to get the pictures tomorrow. :wink:

Edited by BrickJagger

This thread is getting weirder by the minute

Well, at least it's friendly banter.

We need pics ASAP

Yeah we do.

This thread is getting weirder by the minute

We need pics ASAP

ASAP? Rocky or Ferg? :devil: (You asked for weird, no?)

Seriously though, I second this. This thread has been active since January 25, so the wait for these sets is longer than the wait for any other themes.

If the wackiness of vehicles is a matter of opinion, we should create a poll thread to decide who should change their avatar!

Thinking about the "mobile fortress", it could be something along the lines of from John Carter, or Metroplex/Autobot City (etc) from G1 Transformers. Obviously with a stone castle influence.

We should be getting pics within September, I'm 80% sure. Pretty much every store has the 2016 Lego catalog by now. Contraction leaks don't usually come alone.

If someone has pics of this, please leak them

Put us out of our misery :cry_sad:

Yes please, would it help if we all start chanting? "We want pictures, we want pictures!" :P

Also BrickJagger and SirBlake, nice deal!

It feels dishonorable, my first post in the Historical Themes subforum being on a thread dedicated to some absurd Knights/Sci-Fi crossover, but I must admit that this theme has me excited, as a lover of anachronistic settings.

Most of all I look forward to seeing what the "Ultimate" versions of our, presumably, four heroes and two villains will be. Could it be a new Minifig-based gimmick, like Ninjago's Spinjitzu & Airjitzu? Or might they be akin to Chima's Legend Beasts? The latter would be preferable for parts, but I'd also be curious to see what further gimmicks LEGO's designers could think up.

Edited by The Kumquat Alchemist

What if we see a lot more use of the new Kylo Ren lightsaber blade piece that they've made for the new The Force Awakens sets? It looks just like a space version of a regular medieval sword. If thats the case, I'd be happy. That piece in more colours would be very welcome!

I was reading old posts on this thread to laugh about how delusional and naive we were: Expecting Fantasy Era 2.... making wishlists.... dreaming about getting factions....

And I found this:

Let me guess... Castlego, Knights of Spinjoust!

Nah... It'll be more like Legends of Castlima. :grin:

You were right :oh:

The prophecy was fulfilled :oh:

Sounds about right :sweet:

Let's think about LEGO: The Adventures of Clutch Powers movie.

Guys from future trapped in the past. Castles, fantasy monsters, vehicles, some heroes from future, some from past...

Maby TLG take this idea and refresh it?

Just report the dude for racism and sexism.

What??!??!

You are joking, I hope.

Guys, please get back on topic! Calm down and just wait for pictures to leak.

I have myself asked a moderator to watch this topic.

So please stop this discussion NOW, since I'm getting really annoyed by all these strawman arguments.

If you think moderator intervention is necessary, please use the report button instead of (also) making additional posts about the issue. Having said that, I don't think anyone was being racist or sexist, but the resulting discussion seems to prove that it is a controversial topic, which is why we've allowed a couple of threads specifically discussing the issue of gender equality in the past. Please use the dedicated thread(s) if you'd like to discuss this issue further, but keep the discussion in this thread to rumours and discussion about any upcoming castle theme. Thank you.

This discussion seems to have (sort of) moved back on topic, so please continue.

If you think moderator intervention is necessary, please use the report button instead of (also) making additional posts about the issue. Having said that, I don't think anyone was being racist or sexist, but the resulting discussion seems to prove that it is a controversial topic, which is why we've allowed a couple of threads specifically discussing the issue of gender equality in the past. Please use the dedicated thread(s) if you'd like to discuss this issue further, but keep the discussion in this thread to rumours and discussion about any upcoming castle theme. Thank you.

Thanks this was really appreciated

This discussion seems to have (sort of) moved back on topic, so please continue.

Speaking of which I would ask about the rock/lava monsters.

• Are them normal minifigures'
  • Are them big minifigures like Hulk Mungus or the Wampa?
  • Are them monsters like the Rock Monsters of Power Miners?

We should be getting pics within September, I'm 80% sure.

Ugh....I know "soon" is a relative term...but still several weeks away doesn't feel soon, with the momentum this has picked up since the logo and set names appeared.

I suppose something like Techno Knights was inevitable, considering Lego seeing LOTR sales do poorly (Fantasy, trolls, orcs, etc.) and the 2013 standard/traditional line do poorly as well (or we would have seen it continue). Of course, a big part of their weak sales was the fact they were competing with each other1

[

The logo alone proves that it's not really steampunk, but regular sci-fi/fantasy.

We've also had comments from people "in the know" who have said the logo is far more sci-fi than the actual theme is.

I believe the rumour was that it would have light steampunk influences but still very much be castle

Speculation on the theme started out as it being a "new castle", then moved on to "castle with some steam-punk influences" and now seems to have settled on "space nights" (as Sir Von Lego called them - and I believe that he is an "insider") or "techno knights". At this point, I think that "castle" and "steam-punk castle" are probably not what this line is about.

After going back to go over the set names I think this is going to be a ninjago type theme but with castle type characters and setting. I expect crazy ninjago type vehicles.

Think of a highly advanced society trapped in medieval lore.

Brick Jagger must prepare to changey-wangey :laugh:

Yup. This all sounds about right. I'm very interested to see pics.

Since the retail catalog is now in wide circulation, hopefully someone who has seen the it can at provide us with set descriptions so we can get an idea as to what to expect from this line. We are likely to get that info long before set pics come out.

Judging by his comment above, perhaps just2good can enlighten us a little bit.....? :wink:

I did NOT want to be right.

Yeah, it'd be sad for our only representation of space or castle to be another Chima-style action theme. It doesn't look like we're even getting a castle out of the deal?

Yeah, it'd be sad for our only representation of space or castle to be another Chima-style action theme. It doesn't look like we're even getting a castle out of the deal?

Don't expect a regular big castle set like previous castle themes. It will be new for a lot of us.

Edited by amazingbricks