Itaria - here is another point of reference to consider. You keep referencing 1 out of 4 being female as being a negative thing in this set....but you are referencing history as a whole, for your comparison. When we reference the entire lego castle history for a more proper comparison, we've got something like 2 (including this new one) out of probably hundreds of male knights and soldiers that have been released. Taking that into consideration, it is closer to the way you think it should be.

TLG should introduce sets based on the plague, leper colonies, witch trials, and church schisms. Castle moats should be filled with reddish brown 1x1 round plates simulating sewage. Only one in 10000 minifigures should be equipped with plate armor.

Yeah! I would be all over church schism sets, but given the rumors I don't think that's what we will get ;)

Folks, let's remember that tolerance goes both ways. It simply wouldn't be right or fair to report a member for having a different view than that of the majority. We are all adults and all share a love for Lego. No need to be at each others throats over differences of opinions.

Wow, this thread has changed since the last time I was here. Just be patient for pictures, I haven't seen them my self but pictures are coming. Everyone needs to calm down about what gender the knights are going to be. Why does a female knight bother some of you? There's always at least one female per theme. Ex: pharaohs quest had a female in the theme, dino (2012) had a female in there theme. Ultra agents had Caila Phoenix, Chima had Eris. The list goes on and now that's a big deal? If you don't want the female knight, then don't buy the set she comes in. It's as simple as that.

Edited by amazingbricks

In the interest of historical accuracy, TLG should introduce sets based on the plague, leper colonies, witch trials, and church schisms. Castle moats should be filled with reddish brown 1x1 round plates simulating sewage. Only one in 10000 minifigures should be equipped with plate armor. Swords would likewise be very rare. There wouldn't be much uniformity in soldiers' clothes, except maybe for palace guards.

The real question is exactly how many male knights has TLG created over the years. That total could possibly exceed the number of actual Knights, male or female. Thus TLG should halt all future production since they may be distorting actual history.

I have myself asked a moderator to watch this topic.

So please stop this discussion NOW, since I'm getting really annoyed by all these strawman arguments.

*shrug* you are the one arguing for historical accuracy in a theme that is obviously not going to be historical in any way, shape, or form. I am pretty sure that epic fantasy anime and computer games are more of an inspiration for Nexo Knights than actual Earth history.

Have any of you folks paid attention to the action themes to know this?:

Do news and photos of Big Bang themes usually follow a similar schedule to other non-BB themes? What I mean is, do you think we can expect pics to leak around the same time as creator or city sets, or are BB themes more closely guarded?

Have any of you folks paid attention to the action themes to know this?:

Do news and photos of Big Bang themes usually follow a similar schedule to other non-BB themes? What I mean is, do you think we can expect pics to leak around the same time as creator or city sets, or are BB themes more closely guarded?

Pics should be here by the end of the month, even though Ninjago and Chima's pics usually came out in September.

Elves' pics were a bit later than usual last year (possibly due to a large number of new parts), but I recall seeing Ninjago and Chima pics about the same time as the others.

So what's the chances of getting a set(s) around 900-2000 pieces? I hoping for a big castle or something to display on a shelf.

Trying not to envision this too much as He-Man, as I'm a big fan of that series. I don't want to get TOO excited before I see the pics. :-) I believe I read a while back that a mobile fortress might be involved, which could be pretty cool.

So what's the chances of getting a set(s) around 900-2000 pieces? I hoping for a big castle or something to display on a shelf.

Since that's quite a large range you have there, high. :classic:

I heard that there's some sort of mobile Castle coming out in January as the flagship (flag castle?) set.

Pics would fix everything. See what you're doing to us, TLG!?!?

Hahaha So true. :laugh::thumbup:

Pics should be here by the end of the month, even though Ninjago and Chima's pics usually came out in September.

I heard that there's some sort of mobile Castle coming out in January as the flagship (flag castle?) set.

Awesome. Thanks Jagger. A mobile castle done right could be really neat.

Note to self: The best way to get info on release dates is to start arguments. Preferably about gender, or possibly religion. Can do... Can do... :devil::tongue:

Edited by Sir Walter Maugham

The key to this theme retaining a true Castle feel is if they keep the traditional Castle set grouping you'd expect to see; Large Hero Castle, tower/wall attack, small ambush set, villain tower, etc.

If TLG lets this theme become something that heavily relies on vehicles, then it will without a doubt mean that Castle, as we know it, may not be around for a while. Which makes me sad.

Ninjago is an action theme that relays heavily on vehicles, but they get at least one playset a wave. If Nexo Knights gives us something like Temple of Airjitsu, the entire theme will be worth it.

Ninjago is an action theme that relays heavily on vehicles, but they get at least one playset a wave. If Nexo Knights gives us something like Temple of Airjitsu, the entire theme will be worth it.

It would be, if I could afford Temple of Airjitsu...:hmpf_bad:

I hope there are several smaller but great sets, rather than a single $200 set that was worth it.

Edited by rodiziorobs

The "Mobile Fortress" does not appear to be in the current set listing. Perhaps it is the missing set 70314 in the sequence that was rumored to be the store exclusive?

And, at the risk of dating myself :blush:, that castle could bear a resemblance to the Castle of Lions from Voltron Defenders of the Universe. A "Techno-Castle" if you will.

Of course the Jestro's Companions of Darkness could be that set, in which case I guess it would be a villain castle.

Regarding pics, they tend to come out for all lines at the same time which is what happened last year in mid-September. I agree that since we seem to be getting details a bit earlier this year, that we could have leaked images by the end of August or early September. But we should get some set details from people who have seen the retailer catalog even earlier than that!!

I'd love to see a proper villain castle, but I doubt the Jestro set is one. The title makes it sound more like a battle pack.

Mobile Castle..... Unfortunately that probably means castle-themed semi truck or something, and not a full-blown castle if Lego's previous mobile bases are anything to go by....