I disagree that it will kill Castle. I think we will get Castle in 2017 and it may even have a more mature/classical style because of needing to be different from Nexo Knights.

I disagree that it will kill Castle. I think we will get Castle in 2017 and it may even have a more mature/classical style because of needing to be different from Nexo Knights.

NK will likely be a three year theme at the very least. Would Lego have two Castle themes even though they are quite different, running at the same time? I don't know if the fanbase could support two themes. They already tried it in a way with Castle 2013 and Lotr, with disastrous results that ended in the discontinuation of both soon after.

Ah, sorry Sci! If that's was your point of the post (what Jagger said), then I was way off, and you're right. :blush:

I get why historical builders likely won't enjoy this theme supplanting a more traditional Castle theme. I don't fault them for this. I, however, do like what this is shaping up to be. This sort of sci-fantasy is something I like.

If this theme is intended to last, hopefully for Castle purists there will be plenty of structure builds that can be used more traditionally. I MOC in any event, and only build Lego's provided design once to see if there is anything useful in how it is put together.

I anticipate this to be a realm fantastic. For the sake of fun, sometimes realism has to go out the window.

Edited by gedren_y

Considering the fact that the last years brought us half-frozen semi-undead sabertooth tigers and ghost ninjas, I believe everything will be possible. I have high hopes for new creatures and weapons.

The title of this theme reminds me of Black Sabbath song

I have to admit that the set list doesn't sound that good (More catapults and disk launchers, yeah, and some spinner/speedors like stuff?), but I'm still rather curious about this. Just for the possiblity of getting some dwarves, surprisingly.

I am liking the look of that logo and at the same time I'm concerned by its Sci-Fi appearance that it won't be integrate-able with current LEGO Fantasy like Fantasy Era or Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit... that said both Ninjago and Chima have a few really nice parts for a Fantasy Castle Fan like myself and I hope that will hold true for Nexo Knights as well. Now who do I have to kill to get some actual pictures of the actual sets :devil:

If nothing else LEGO Sci-Fi Fantasy hybrids akin to something like Warhammer 40K or Titansgrave might now become a thing, and that has got me excited. :sweet:

Edited by Isundir

I am not trying to be bombastic or a troll in any way. I am happy for those who will enjoy a theme like this. That being said, mere words cannot express my level of disappointment. This is the worst possible outcome for my needs.

It may be that we may get a few new molds and even a few attractive figures. However, the heraldry is already looking like it is too futuristic to be of any use for historic castle builders. My guess is the weapons, armor, accessories, and colors will be too outlandish as well. I hope I am wrong!

The worst part of all is the Nexo Knights may be very successful. With a TV show, books, and advertising campaign it is more likely than not. If it is a hit, this theme could kill the castle theme for the foreseeable future. Civilian figures, animals, realistic weapons, armor, accessories and other useful parts are likely to be scarce, if found at all in these sets.

I have literally zero expectations at this point. When I was told so many months ago that something big was happening in castle, I sure didn't expect this. I would imagine the store manager that told me also had no idea this was going to be an action theme aimed at young children.

The last couple of years has been tough as a castle collector. The near future looks bad. I guess I will save a lot of money and I will be hitting up bricklink a lot more.

My sentiments exactly, I completely agree with it this post. I had hopes that Nexo Knights might be the Chima replacement and we might actually get a proper Castle theme(preferably Fantasy Era 2) instead of this. Now that my hopes on a traditional Castle theme are crushed to dust, I am only worried about the future of Castle theme, or rather, lack of it. I'm pretty sure that Lego won't release a traditional Castle theme while Nexo Knights is on, and much like many other posters here, I bet most of the parts are going to be too futuristic to be used in Castle MOCs either.

I'm sure people who have high hopes of Nexo Knights will brick me to death for saying this, but here I go: I really, really hope that Nexo Knights will be discontinued after the first year so we could get a traditional Castle theme again!

On the bright side, if they also discontinue the current Pirates theme, I'll be saving tons of money next year, which will most likely used more parts for MOCs :tongue:

Edited by Sorrelon

I have not posted on this forum for a while but, I have been keeping up with this thread. I was and still am a huge lotr fan but, I was very disappointed with a number of the set choices for that theme. I was very much hoping for a fantasy era castle theme but, now seeing the direction that the new theme is going I am once again disappointed.

I have to say that I do have some doubts on the success of this theme due to a couple of reasons. When ninjago came out it was a very different and fresh theme that really appealed to anybody who was fan of martial arts or a fan of any kind of ninja/samurai style theme. When Chima came out it kind of felt like a rehash of ninjago and I think it was not as successful because of that. I have to believe that another rehash minus the Ninja themed fantasy is not necessarily going to be received all that well. Especially when it will be competing with lots of content rich themes like DC/Marvel Super Heroes, Star Wars, etc... I thereby conclude that we may be seeing more tradition/fantasy castle in the not so distant future.

Edited by Jack Bricker

By the logo appearance I already smell the Chima like blue see through color overuse.

Knights + Sci fi = Fun.

Hopefully they aren't just buildable action figures but a theme featuring mini figs etc.

Odd themes provide unusual parts which are always good for the moc builders.

I'm sure traditional castle will be back. It's got a wide appeal and will be revisited when the time is right. Maybe after the pirates run.

About the possibility of a concurrent theme with this one; a classical period theme might actually work. Lego has plenty of existing molds to do it, and this period in history should be different enough to Nexo Knights. It could range from the Grecian Forums to Ptolemaic Egypt and on to Roman Britannia.

Or they could go in a completely different direction, and use their The Wizard of Oz license.

In any event, this theme has the potential to utilize a number of recent molds in new colors. I am excited.

The new winter village has a jack in the box build which uses a jestor hat. Wonder if it's the one that's going to be used in nexo knights?

The new winter village has a jack in the box build which uses a jestor hat. Wonder if it's the one that's going to be used in nexo knights?

Rob, the jester hat has been a round for some time and was even used on the Birthday Cake set this year. It would have been a full Kingdoms jester except the legs were missing.

Gedren, I like the idea of LEGO going with another truly historic theme during Nexo Knights run such as a Grecco-Roman or Viking theme. Otherwise, I think we will have to continue to rely on the Collectible Minifigures for new product.

I'd love it if Jestro introduced a new jester hat mold, perhaps with three or four points? Both the jester hat and the classic hood are fine, but I'd really like updated versions of both parts.

Has anyone noticed the puns in the names? :tongue:

Clay - claymore

Macy - mace

Robin - Robin Hood

Aaron - arrow

Sci, have you seen the sets already?

Nope, nobody has. I think.

Yes, I see em, four sighs

Fun fact: My username is actually based off of the Collectable Minifigures (series) 4 Scientist, which I loved when it was first revealed. Kinda stuck with the username after that. :tongue:

Edited by CM4Sci

Everyone that's a fan of classic castle and classic castle only, hear me out for a second.

Nexo Knights is a one-time thing. It's like Lotr. Once it's gone, it's never going to come back.

This theme will probably be around for a few years, but TLG will find ways to satisfy classic fans. Whether it's an exclusive set or a bunch of new historical CMFs, they will find ways.

You guys should love this theme because if it's a success (probably will be) it'll reel in tons of new castle fans. Once NK ends, the next subtheme will probably be historical to cater to the NK fans, now several years older than they were before, and classic fans at the same time.

When that happens, Lego will be obliged to put in lots of detail into those sets because Castle as a whole is in the spotlight and there's now a bigger fanbase than before.

Behold, Lego's evil genius of a plan to make more money! : P

Jagger, while I appreciate the optimism, there are some assumptions there that I think might be qualified as wishful thinking. I hope you're right, but in the mean time, that leaves many of us pretty much SOL for the next few years if this theme is as wacky as it sounds like it's going to be. Waiting isn't the worst thing in the world, but for someone like me, Middle Earth sets aside (which were great and I bought most of them), we haven't gotten good quality yellow-faced Castle sets since Kingdoms, which hasn't been around for what, 4 or 5 years? I know we got Joust in 2012, but that was one Lego store exclusive set. Otherwise, it's been since 2011 (no, 2013 castle doesn't count as "quality" to me). That puts us at 2019 before we get the hope of good Castle sets again. 8 years, man.

Fingers crossed. I would love to be wrong about my own assumptions about this theme. :classic:

^ True, we will have to wait about eight years, but in the early 2000's we waited seven years (2000-2007) for new "real" Castle sets, and everyone loved those. Also notice that lots of effort and marketing was put into the FE line right after the BB (KK2) was discontinued. :wink:

I guess I am an optimist, but we'll get something good soon enough. :classic:

There's a few thing I'm worried about:

#1. I hope there are actual castles in this theme, because if it's just vehicles that would stink.

#2. I hope the Knights don't look to futuristic, because then you couldn't use them in the regular castle theme.

#3. some steam punk would be fine, but Space knights would be going to far away from castle.

#4. color scheme, I'm sure if the knights look like jelly bean knights and the castles have to many colors again the AFOL's will hate it.

#5. If TLG makes a show of this, Please don't have them say "NEXOOOO KNIGHTS" before they attack.

now here's some hope,

#1. If TLG makes sets like the Destinies Bounty, where its mostly Ninja themed with some machine parts (in this case, mostly castle with some machine parts) I would be fine with that.

#2. machines on castles don't always look bad, think Frankenstein.

#3. A theme that's more character focused usually has better looking minifigs.

P.S. BrickJagger your a little flawed in your conclusion of what would happen after Nexo Knights, say NK becomes a success, because of Knights on rockets fighting villains in mechs, than you take away the SCI-FI influence, you would then have a castle theme that wouldn't be as exciting as it was with NK and you would lose all the fans you gained with NK.